News 'Dark Order,' Japan's October Mini-Set!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Jun 11, 2018.

1. Kashvinder Mann Aspiring Trainer
    Kashvinder Mann

I quite like it. You can even use max pot and get the energies up again. Too bad about the weakness though.

2. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

i can't believe what i'm going to say... but i think this is a playable incineroar. un-believable.

3. ShaunTheBoufflant Like No One Ever Was
    ShaunTheBoufflant

No one realised it's ability is once per turn and not just when you evolve? Max potion with energy recycler in this deck is dumb...

The PokeMan 11 and Holden Sheeks like this.
  4. MiniMads The misunderstood Hero of Disasters
    MiniMads

Like the card, but this means Absol is going to be a Prism or just a regular card :(

The PokeMan 11 likes this.
  5. glasscannonsarebroken Aspiring Trainer
    glasscannonsarebroken

That card looks insane, can't wait to use it.

6. Gameguard Aspiring Trainer
    Gameguard

The 3 from deck is good but if it was 3 from discard it be broken woth max pots. To discard 3 energy to heal then reyse ability to attack again. Is alot of energy in a deck. Thou you could throw in a couple e recycle. Not to bad but it is a stage 2

7. mrsodaking Aspiring Trainer
    mrsodaking

Advanced Member Member

130 isn't enough... Shame, because I love Incineroar and the ability is amazing

glasscannonsarebroken likes this.
  8. Skylite Aspiring Trainer
    Skylite

It's okay, I guess?

9. Advancer The old tree that still blooms.
    Advancer

It's a little odd that this Incineroar-GX for SM8a is getting revealed ahead of SM8's Tyranitar GX, and that they're putting out 2 Stage-2 Dark-type GXs with only a month between them.

The card itself is interesting. I reckon the ability more or less sells the card, and it's rather creative that the GX attack that interacts with the damage counters it places on itself. I guess it could go in a Zoroark GX deck with Rare Candy, in which the Zoroarks set up the Incineroar-GX, and then the Incineroar-GX accelerates energy onto itself ... of course it's fodder for Fighting-types, though it looks decent otherwise.

10. AmbientDinosaur Aspiring Trainer
    AmbientDinosaur

Incineroar-GX -> Scar Charge -> Attack -> Scar Charge -> Nanu -> Guzzlord-GX -> Glutton-GX

Stupid strategy to use with Incineroar-GX.

11. ABSOLutely Aspiring Trainer
    ABSOLutely

But I want Absol GX!!!!!! *throws temper tantrum*

12. Lord Goomy Got Goomies?
    Lord Goomy

It’s really good! I love 2HKO decks, and this one comes with special Energy denial. 220 HP? OK. Ability: SUPREME! Attack: Good! GX Attack: SUPREME! Incineroar is gonna be good!

13. Hawlucha22 Aspiring Trainer
    Hawlucha22

*cough* weakness policy *cough*

14. MarshalBry Shaym' on you
    MarshalBry

If they can't do 220 damage you can at least just Max Potion, then find some new energies (Energy Recycler/Recycle System would probably be useful there too).

15. Nyora A Cat
    Nyora

Play Incineraor with Darkrai-EX in expanded. Good stuff.

Sylveonix likes this.
  16. pikachuuuu101 Custom Title
    pikachuuuu101

If we get a Pokemon that can move dark type energys this could be great, otherwise it still could work quite well

17. ProfPineTCG Professor
    ProfPineTCG

There is def a lot of potential here, but baby-buzz destroys this thing.

18. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

We reported a while ago that there would only be an Absol in this set, not an Absol-GX. :x

Timmony_tcg likes this.
  19. Alex Sableye Official Pokemon Connoisseur of the Unova Region
    Alex Sableye

To sum up this, sweet, innocent card:

Can be attacking by turn two.

Has 250 HP, so pretty tanky.

Can use ability to spam max potion.

With the new stadium coming out, it only gives up one prize card.

Can fuel up it's GX attack with that ability.

Can do 1210 damage if at ten HP.

The power creep is real.

20. Xeynid Aspiring Trainer
    Xeynid

220 hp that goes for two shots is better than golisopod and the gx attack is way better.

The question is: does that compensate for being a stage 2? I'm not sure. 220 isn't really better than 210 when it comes to 2 shots, and while it does make you less vulnerable to a 1shot, the only Mon hitting that hard is buzz, who doesn't give a fudge.

It's important to note that incineroar doesn't need to use your attachment for the turn, so you can use that on something else, hypothetically. Can't imagine how that helps just yet though.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?