Dark Knight Rises Midnight Shooting

Swordmaster13

Allons-Y!
Last night during the mdnight showing of he new Batman film: The Dark Night Rises in Aurora Colarado, there was a shooting. 12 were killed and 59 were injured. You can read the full article here: Warning contains mature content
This is such a tragedy and I wanted to here what you guys had to say.
(Approved by omahanime and Celebi23)

RE: Midnight Shooting (warning-mature content)

I've been hearing and reading about this all day. It's really terrible that one man could be insane enough to do something like this. Imagine how terrible it would be if you went to a movie, but didn't come back. These people didn't deserve anything like this to happen. My heart really goes out to all the affected families and persons.

Vulpix-core

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeey

Finally someone makes a thread for this. I was going to but then decided against it. Anyway, I watched about this on the news literally ALL MORNING and went into a state of complete rage and my depression seemed to have worsened since last night and just....I was a mess. My prayers go out to everyone affected by this.
Crazy people are crazy. It's only fun until someone actually gets killed.

Swordmaster13

Allons-Y!

I agree, imagine their families waiting for them to get back but they never will. It's so sad and I pray for the families and victims.

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer

At least someone survived. Nothing worse than worrying about a murderer going around that killed everybody in a movie theater. Hopefully they don't bother the families; they needn't have any more remainders of that attack. T_T

I know I'd be crying all day and night if I found that a relative was killed.

Guts

CyberPhunk

Yeah, this really is tragic. I can't imagine how devastated the families of the victims are, I'm sure many of them didn't even give a second thought to them seeing a simple movie. My prayers are with them.

dBlue

It also sad how people are taking advantage of this to promote or attack political groups/ political ideals.
One of the new's stations said: "We found a Jim Holmes in Colorado talking about his joining of the tea party on a website a year ago. It may be related!"
What's really pathetic about that are the facts that
1) His name isn't Jim Holmes, it's JAMES Holmes
2) Jim/James Holmes is a common name, even I know a Jim Holmes.
3) This was "just in," no research involved at all.
4) There is no evidence of any relation what so ever to the massacre.
American media... So stupid.
I'm sad that this happened, and I feel so sorry for the people and families involved.

J

Juliacoolo

As said by the president, hug your loved ones a little tighter tonight. Life is too short.

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod

What kind of sick bastard is this guy!? I feel horrible for the people who got shot, the people who there that day, and the deceased's familys!

Swordmaster13

Allons-Y!

And just imagine if one of the killed or injured was a member of the Beach.

PDC

The PDC Show comes to an abrupt end...

Funny how people are already turning this into a political or religious war. Maybe they just can't understand some people are truly crazy?

PDC said:
Funny how people are already turning this into a political or religious war. Maybe they just can't understand some people are truly crazy?

seriously? Link me, I wanna get mad at people.

PG24

<Pride> I'm my wildest fantasy
Advanced Member

Eon said:
1) His name isn't Jim Holmes, it's JAMES Holmes
2) Jim/James Holmes is a common name, even I know a Jim Holmes.

Just want to point out Jim is a short version of the name James just like Richard is another name for Dick. This is where the confusion came from.

Really unfortunate for the families of the victims. My heart goes out to them.

doublenikesocks

uhhh idk

PDC said:
_this_

I am really sorry for the victims' families' losses. They are in my prayers tonight.

Card Slinger J

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Midnight Shooting

My heart goes out to all the victims of this horrible tragedy, this is one of those cases where some people can't distinguish between what's real and what's not. Just because you like a comic book villian like the Joker in the Batman series doesn't give you the right to commit those crimes in real life. It's okay to like a villain for his/her originality in said source material but at least have the common sense not to do something that you're going to regret especially when that leads you to 2nd degree murder or a 10-20 year jail sentence.

Cris

Fear will eat you alive....

Living in Colorado it worried me a lot to hear that something like this would happen, especially from a person who seemed to have no motive. The scarier thing though is that he lived in the apartment complex that is literally right across the street from the apartment complex my aunt lives at. Not to mention that street also has an elementary school on it. I mean this guy was really messed up. What if the tripwire detonated and set of the mortar-like shells and suspicious liquids in the bottles (that could potentially be toxic) when his neighbor found his door unlocked on Wednesday night? A lot more lives would have been lost. Anyways I feel sorry for everyone involved in that whole mess and my condolences go out to all the families affected.

Swordmaster13

Allons-Y!

Cris said:
Living in Colorado it worried me a lot to hear that something like this would happen, especially from a person who seemed to have no motive. The scarier thing though is that he lived in the apartment complex that is literally right across the street from the apartment complex my aunt lives at. Not to mention that street also has an elementary school on it. I mean this guy was really messed up. What if the tripwire detonated and set of the mortar-like shells and suspicious liquids in the bottles (that could potentially be toxic) when his neighbor found his door unlocked on Wednesday night? A lot more lives would have been lost. Anyways I feel sorry for everyone involved in that whole mess and my condolences go out to all the families affected.
I don't know if you read the article but it said they evacuated the people living near his apartment so I hope your aunt will be alright and that noone else is harmed during the searching of his apartment.

Cris

Fear will eat you alive....

Zmaster Y said:
I don't know if you read the article but it said they evacuated the people living near his apartment so I hope your aunt will be alright and that noone else dies during the searching of his apartment.

Thanks! Thankfully my auntie and cousins are fine, we called them as soon as we heard what was going on. I just hope that no damage is done to the apartment complexes or else the folks who stay there are going to have it a lot tougher for a while longer.