Dark Knight Rises Midnight Shooting

RE: Midnight Shooting

HypnoticLuxray said:
Well, for one, if this guy has really convinced himself he's the joker, than he might actually attempt a break-out or something of the sort(which the joker has done countless times)

That was in my mind, actually. If he went so far as to booby trap his apartment (not to mention how he just turned himself in to police in the parking lot), I sense he has(had?) more tricks up his sleeve.

While watching CNN last night, I did see an interview with a father, girlfriend, and friend of one of the victims (who died taking a bullet for his girlfriend). The father brought up an interesting point -- that the networks should focus more on the victims in such tragedies rather than the killers themselves. He believes that the over-publicized details behind incidents like this are one of the reasons they continue to occur. While definitely on a different level, he brought up how people used to break out onto the field and streak at sports games because they knew they would be on television. Once networks agreed to stop showing them, the streaking incidents followed suit. Interesting point.

Random appearance.......

I feel that death penealty would probably more worth it. If we let him rot in jail for the rest of his life which could be any number of years the taxpayers have to pay for his shelter and food. Its basically free room and board with a meal package. You have to make an example so others dont do it also.

I personally dont think the death penalty is the best punishment. A life-long imprisonment should do him good enough and can be just as bad as the death penalty. He shouldnt be killed right away either- he should suffer from loneliness the rest of his life all alone in an empty room behind cold bars, not something so fast and easy. Maybe that will give him plenty of time to think about what he has done and how the families must feel to be all lonely and sad missing their loved ones. That way he can deteriorate emotionally first before his body starts too. I do see this guy behind bars the rest of his life, he shouldnt even be allowed visitors. Thats t how I see it :/ again, thats just my own opinion.

Yeah, he shouldn't suddenly die. I have to agree with Shiningmilotic, he should rot in jail. The man is obviously delusional, and should be watched at all time. I saw on the news that his college said he was one of the brightest students, so he can be very dangerous. He'll be smart enough to figure how to escape.

Then again, with that logic, I'm just saying he should die.

So Christian Bale did visit the hospital but not dressed as Batman. I think that was really awesome and thoughtful. I didn't think he would actually do it but I don't really know him so I can't judge him.

With a guy like this, and he's truly insane, I really don't think a life-long sentence would even phase him. Just sitting there, thinking about all terrible things he can do. Probably kill a cellmate or two. I bet he would enjoy it.

AnimeUSA said:
I'm not kidding, the guy was smiling in his mugshot.

That wasnt his mugshot that was just a college photo. He died his hair red. Here is the mugshot: http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57478190-504083/james-holmes-mug-shot-released/

I think he will be not guilty due to insanity, and probaly be in a rehab center for a chunk of his life.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Well, for one, if this guy has really convinced himself he's the joker, than he might actually attempt a break-out or something of the sort(which the joker has done countless times) I think a death penalty would prevent that.

It's not like there's a ditzy hot blonde girl who thinks she's really Harley Quinn to help bail him out like in the Comics and calls him Mr. J. If Holmes really wanted to be the Joker he should've dyed his hair Green instead of Red and have some white clown makeup on.

Harley Quinn didn't come til the 90's. Joker has certainly broken out before then.
And It doesn't matter if he dressed like him or not. If he's truly deluded, he can still cause some serious damage.

There going to sue lil Wayne for his my homies still music video because it shows people dead in a movie theater. So they think it inspiered Jim Holmes to kill people since the video came out 2 days before the shooting.

That's ridiculously stupid. Suing somebody for making a music video because some crazy person did something similar but probably unconnected is idiotic. The dude had to have been planning something along these lines for a while because it's not very easy to get your hands on the kind of artillery he was packing. That's like suing the Beatles because Manson was inspired by Helter Skelter.

Cinesra said:
That's ridiculously stupid. Suing somebody for making a music video because some crazy person did something similar but probably unconnected is idiotic. The dude had to have been planning something along these lines for a while because it's not very easy to get your hands on the kind of artillery he was packing. That's like suing the Beatles because Manson was inspired by Helter Skelter.

This, this and this.

EmmetCHH22 said:
There going to sue lil Wayne for his my homies still music video because it shows people dead in a movie theater. So they think it inspiered Jim Holmes to kill people since the video came out 2 days before the shooting.

Who is going to sue him? From what I've read in the news, proof exists that the perpetrator of this crime had been planning for a few months.

Who cares! There's always controversy about the smallest little thing when it comes to music because music is chock full of symbolism. Take Pearl Jam's "Jeremy" for example. That song was written after a kid brought a gun to school and shot himself. In that case, it was written ABOUT the event. Same with "Pumped up Kicks" by Foster the People, which was about some very particular school shootings.
Those bands came out and told us what their songs were about. Both bands had their reasons for writing those songs and they made loads of money from it. So what. They wrote songs about something that happened in the news. (Unless of course they're glorifying what said person in song DID. That's cause for concern)
But should everyone start an uproar because a music video had some dead people in it? No. It could very well be referencing the incident, but not glorifying it. If it was referencing the shootings, (I haven't seen the video) I'd bet a lot of money that it was something like "darn, this shouldn't have happened. look at some dead moviegoers and feel bad." or like a tribute. I don't know. Like I said, music is chock full of symbolism. But I really don't think Lil Wayne planned that. If he did, he'd put everything to rest by saying "YES this is about or referencing or part of the shootings in Colorado." Like those other two bands did. Until then, why sue him with no proof?

Back