Cressalia EX Discussion

RE: Um....

... Um, is that English? But besides that, I think your asking two things... "Is Cresselia EX good? If so, I can't seem to find a way to utilize it"

And not sure, honestly. It's a good bencher to heal health. Somewhat. Very little play IMO

At the PR, it did well for me (got poisoned by the venipedes running loose, but didn't matter because of the ability), but that's a PR...

If you can get the energy on it, it's good against Mewtwo (1HKO and you have no weakness if they have a benched mewtwo to step in afterward). I suppose you could always retreat it (free with skyarrow) and slowly heal as well... An iffy card IMO.

AnUnown said:
At the PR, it did well for me (got poisoned by the venipedes running loose, but didn't matter because of the ability), but that's a PR...

If you can get the energy on it, it's good against Mewtwo (1HKO and you have no weakness if they have a benched mewtwo to step in afterward). I suppose you could always retreat it (free with skyarrow) and slowly heal as well... An iffy card IMO.

The flygon ability negates its ability, so does garbodor, the attack isn't great damage for an ex except against mewtwo... So basically killing psychics i guess??

Cresselia is really good in Darkrai Hydreigon as a Mewtwo counter and take advantage of the Blend Energy

Eh I think it stinks compared to mewtwo. If you want a good mewtwo counter, run mewtwo!
It can destroy mewtwo with a DCE and usually nothing else. It also takes advantage of GPRD.
Mewtwo EX can also tank MUCH better.

Random Numbers said:
Eh I think it stinks compared to mewtwo. If you want a good mewtwo counter, run mewtwo!
It can destroy mewtwo with a DCE and usually nothing else. It also takes advantage of GPRD.
Mewtwo EX can also tank MUCH better.

Yeah. I'm not looking to counter mewtwo, just couldn't find a good way for cressalia to be good. Guess there isn't one.

Cresselia EX paired with Gardevoir and Mewtwo EX is actually a decent deck. I did some testing with it, it worked pretty well. It definitely isn't a Tier 1 deck, but I could see it winning a couple Cities. With Eviolite and Potion, Cresselia is a very hard card to take down.

Vulpix Yolk said:
Cresselia EX paired with Gardevoir and Mewtwo EX is actually a decent deck. I did some testing with it, it worked pretty well. It definitely isn't a Tier 1 deck, but I could see it winning a couple Cities. With Eviolite and Potion, Cresselia is a very hard card to take down.
Wouldn't Crystal Edge White Kyurem EX OHKO it?

Mewtwomaster said:
Vulpix Yolk said:
Wouldn't Crystal Edge White Kyurem EX OHKO it?

White Kyurem. That's pretty funny stuff.

White Kyurem EX w/Crystal Edge will see no serious play.

Cresselia EX itself is pretty "meh". It can heals itself which is okay i guess, and like Vulpix York said - with Eviolite and Potion it can be difficult to take down. 2HKO's all non-eviolited EX's. Outside of that it's nothing special. Pair it with Gardevoir and troll Mewtwo EX.

Cresselia EX is awful for only one reason, which is it's energy cost. 4 for 90 stinks i this format, even with the awesome effect.

My friend has been running gardevoir/cresselia/mewtwo for a couple weeks now, and It is very good.
I haven't seen it play tested against Darkrai/Hydreigon or a good Rayeel, but it runs smoothly.
Very consistent T2 Gardevoir with Skyla 3-4 count skyla in the deck.
Mewtwo can get a T1 Xball, but then Cresselia gets the 1hko T2. And then no weakness and -20 damage from heals between turns.

Mewtwomaster said:
I can't find a way Cressalia EX is good???

I put together a deck with Cressalia that is a variant of the old virizion/serperior deck. I also added a gardevoir to accelerate the energy on Cressalia. When you can heal 30 per turn (with 2 serperior's) and deal 90 damage, it works pretty well. Also throw in a skyway bridge and I can switch out a damaged cressalia with one that isn't. I've still struggled against Keldeo and Darkrai, but doesn't almost everyone struggle against those decks??

floraman5 said:
Mewtwomaster said:
I can't find a way Cressalia EX is good???

I put together a deck with Cressalia that is a variant of the old virizion/serperior deck. I also added a gardevoir to accelerate the energy on Cressalia. When you can heal 30 per turn (with 2 serperior's) and deal 90 damage, it works pretty well. Also throw in a skyway bridge and I can switch out a damaged cressalia with one that isn't. I've still struggled against Keldeo and Darkrai, but doesn't almost everyone struggle against those decks??

If you are having problems with Blastoise/Keldeo add Mewtwo or just attack with virizion/add shaymin.

Back