Pokemon Creepy or weird aspects of Pokemon

ShadowDark said:
Also, I just realized theres sort of a paradox. If Mew is the ancestor of ALL pokemon and Arceus created everthing....who came first? Are they trying to say Arceus is just a robot or that Mew lived in nothing and then was lazy to make everything himself so Arceus was made?

Here's Mews story according to Bulbapedia in my own words.

Arceus was created from a lone egg when there was absolutely nothing. Then he went on and made everything. That is, except for Mew. Mew created itself from the DNA of all that once was and all that will be, hence why he can learn any move.

And speaking of that. Why can't Mew learn Draco Meteor?

I think that the pokedex is off but gets more info each year, kind of like my textbooks from 2002 are way off compared to ones in 2010 or even 2003.
The "real" pokedex is one on another site but i don't know if i can link it. Basically its a fanon edition of the pokedex in a real life version, from eating habits to the truth in the legends of legendary pokemon.

frostwind said:
I think that the pokedex is off but gets more info each year, kind of like my textbooks from 2002 are way off compared to ones in 2010 or even 2003.
The "real" pokedex is one on another site but i don't know if i can link it. Basically its a fanon edition of the pokedex in a real life version, from eating habits to the truth in the legends of legendary pokemon.

Can you try to post a link? Some Pokemon have strange Pokedex entries.

"Spoink bounces around on its tail. The shock of its bouncing makes its heart pump. As a result, this Pokémon cannot afford to stop bouncing - if it stops, its heart will stop."

I really didn't know that until now.

"DUSKULL wanders lost among the deep darkness of midnight. There is an oft- told admonishment given to misbehaving children that this POKéMON will spirit away bad children who earn scoldings from their mothers."

Don't misbehave. xP

ShadowDark said:
^ I think the horrible part is when she says "Hope to see you again!" like she wants your pokemon to be hurt.

As someone on TVTropes puts it,

someone on TVTropes said:
It is even worse when you take it from a well-intentioned stand point. She is literally hoping you make it back to civilization and get help, instead of dying. She has to watch ten-year old after ten-year old dive into a land filled with monsters with a feeling of invincibility like everything is -a game- and they can't possibly die or anything, knowing full well these creatures can rend them to pieces before they can move. Getting back to see her means you're -still alive-. The poor woman probably has the hardest job in the universe, and all we think is 'Man, what are you, some kind of sicko?', as she actually says 'Please come back alive'.

(I have no idea who wrote this on there. If I did, I'd give them for credit for it D: )

OHMYGOSH!!! Pokemon is sooooo creapy x.X I didn't even know what this creepypasta stuff was. So here goes smart one looking it up while listing to lavdener town music link, cause it was on the page i got. Then reading "weekend Primed: The Best Creepypasta stories"Let me tell you.... I just read the 1st two and was creeped out.

But still, I think it's kind of creepy the fact that people from the pokemon world, eat pokemon. Just picture your dinner converstation with mom and dad after you pet bulbasaur has gone missing...
"So, this is such a great salda!" You say.
"Why thanks." your mom says.
"So what's in it?" you ask.
Your mom doesn't respond for a while.
Your dad looks at you and says, "Bulbasaur!"
"OMYGOSH!!!! NOT MY BULBASAUR!!!!!!" you yell.
Your dad tries to comfort you and explain things to you, but for that day on you swear to never agian eat nothing but pasta and veggies that you know where they came from....

Also it's weird how.... Um, guys Prof. Oak is a lier.... He's a trusted, famous, and loved proffesor. He supposely knows all there is to pokemon, but hands you an empty pokedex.... What gives Oak?

As far as I know, he created the Pokedex as a way to make a complete database of every Pokemon in one place. It was his goal; he hadn't completed it yet, thus the reason why he gave kids the Pokedex.

i always though the Heartgold entry for Golbat was a little bit out there for a game rated e right?

"However hard its victim's hide may be, it punctures with sharp fangs and gorges itself with blood."

"Mom! what does this mean?"

" Uh, it means it makes friend with the victim, sweetie!"

" Okay! I'm gonna go gorge myself with blood!" 0_o

I always found Gastly's origin definition on Bulbapedia creepy.

Maybe crobats bites dont hurt ubless it wants too, kind of like how vampire bats have a saliva that stops the pain so the vicim doesnt even know

6-Dimension said:
Anything involving the breeding process seems a bit odd after too much thought. I mean, even an evolution mating with it's preevo is inter-species. And some go inter-kingdom (assuming that's how Pokemon are classified), like Wailord and Sunkern.

Pokémon is the species. All different Pokémon "species" are just "subspecies" of the species that is Pokémon. It's just like how all dogs are dogs. They can breed with some other breeds of dogs, and, despite being different breeds, they're still all dogs.

Humans and Pokémon used to be the same species.

Also, Kyurem eats children. I can't eat Sour Patch Kids without thinking of Kyurem and the poor kids from Lacunosa Town that Kyurem ate.

AlienMLC said:
Pokémon is the species. All different Pokémon "species" are just "subspecies" of the species that is Pokémon. It's just like how all dogs are dogs. They can breed with some other breeds of dogs, and, despite being different breeds, they're still all dogs.
Nope.
If every single Pokemon was a subspecies of something, then why can't every Pokemon with a gender breed with each other? Two members of a species in the real world can mate and produce fertile offspring. But you're implying that something like a Dewott could mate with a Pidgey and have offspring, while they're in different Egg Groups.

Egg Groups are the closest thing Pokemon is going to get to delving into biological stuff. Just the fact that Egg Groups exist disproves your statement.

Pokefan4000 said:
Nope.
If every single Pokemon was a subspecies of something, then why can't every Pokemon with a gender breed with each other? Two members of a species in the real world can mate and produce fertile offspring. But you're implying that something like a Dewott could mate with a Pidgey and have offspring, while they're in different Egg Groups.

Egg Groups are the closest thing Pokemon is going to get to delving into biological stuff. Just the fact that Egg Groups exist disproves your statement.

The Egg groups are like real-life breeding classes. A Jack Russel can breed with a beagle because they're in the same breeding class. It can't breed with a St. Bernard because they're in different breeding classes. Different types of horse can breed to produce an offspring of one kind of the horses involved as opposed to being a mix. True, nothing about Egg Groups is perfectly biological, but, then again, you have to admit it is similar to breeding classes.

Here are the lyrics to Hypnos Lullaby. If you get scared easily I suggest you don't read it... Its really scary.

Hypno said:
Come little children, come with me
Safe and happy, you will be
Away from home, now let us run
With Hypno, you'll have so much fun

Oh, little children, please don't cry
Hypno wouldn't hurt a fly
Be free to frolic, be free to play
Come with me to my cave to stay

Oh, little children, please don't squirm
These ropes, I know, will hold you firm
Now look to me, the pendant calls
Back and forth, your eyelids fall

Oh, little children, you cannot leave
For you, your families will grieve
Minds unravelling at the seams
Allowing me to haunt their dreams

Do not wail and do not weep
It's time for you to go to sleep
Little children, you were not clever
Now you'll stay with me forever

It is scary... I will NEVER catch a Hypno in a Pokemon game ever again.... *shivers*

Cofagrigus
I am sure that some one else has already posted this, but Cofagrigus grabs people and turns them into mummies.

That just rather creeps me out.

*Walking in Relic Castle*
"Oh! A valuable item!"
*Walks up to the golden sarcophagus*
*Cofagrigus grabs them, opening itself and then shutting itself quickly.*
Gah!
(muffled)Let me out!

*shivers*

Cofagrigus's diet consists of humans and it likes the taste of gold. >.>

^So a chick were lots of gold necklances and braclets and rings would be a yummy item for Cofagrigus?
That's TT^TT sad

Back