Crabrawler, Sandygast, Palossand, and Stufful Revealed at Worlds!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Water Compaction is like the sister ability to Storm Drain. Instead of raising Sp. Attack, this raises Defense. It's interesting to see a Ground-type who may be totally immune to Water-type attacks.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
Really liking the crab. Probably one of my more favourite crustaceans to date (although Clauncher is a very close second). Particularly a fan of it differing itself from all the other crustaceans by not being a Water type.

Liking the sandcastles more and more now we've gotten good HQ artwork of them, their ability sounds good in practice but I'm just hoping that they have good enough base defences to not take a lot from a water move without any prior defence boosts. I'm also very much liking the name 'Palossand'.

I think I actually quite like Baby Bewear now I've seen it in HQ. The tag underneath its tail (akin to what a real teddy would have) is a pretty nice little detail. It's also possibly one of the cutest Fighting types in existence.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
If only it was water immunity+defense buff, and not just a defense buff..
Still, not bad :)

It's not a Water-type immunity? Well, that stinks. Especially considering every strong Water-type attack (that isn't Waterfall or Aqua Tail) is Special in Nature.

Ice-man

Aspiring Trainer
I love the simplicity behind palossand and sandygast, normally I'd be irked by the lack of design but they seem to be owning it. in every thing from the names (sandy ghost and pile 'o sand)

and even in their description.
"A Sandygast emerges when the grudges of Pokémon and other creatures soak into the sand after they fall in battle. In essence, it’s a possessed lump of sand!"

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Omg Crabrawler is a coconut crab and its amazing!

Stufful's mouth isn't as weird when it's open, so that's good...I guess. It's also so stinking cute it's guaranteed a spot on my Alola team :p

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Well overall, with the GX crap and only these Pokemon so far, I'm far from satisfied with what we've got.

Pokemon:

-Stufful is probably the cutest thing so far! I want to cuddle it and hold it forever and ever! Too bad I'm not getting him because Bewear sucks. :/

-Crabrawler. Eh, I guess. Nothing really special.

-Sandygast still makes me cringe a bit, and I don't know why.

-Palossand has grown on me since its first appearance in Coro Coro. I do happen to like his in game Sprite a lot more than Sugimori's artwork for him.

Me ranting:

I'm not satisfied with what they've been giving us lately. As of now, it's less than 3 months before these games come out. We need to start getting more gameplay details, starter evos (because I really need to prove my friend those final evos are real), and other things like other trial captains (because let's face it, both Kiawe and Mallow are Trial Captains for Akala Island, leading me to think there are 2 trials per island).

I just think it's time to show us more things than just new Pokemon. I don't want XY all over again and see NO new Pokemon as I explore Alola. It's about time they just stop Pokemon reveals, and start revealing more story elements.

xayshade

Aspiring Trainer
It's weird. I like bewear but stufful is the ugliest thing I've ever seen. Crabrawler has a definite team spot though

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
starter evos (because I really need to prove my friend those final evos are real)
Well to be fair, the second stage of the starters in XY weren't revealed until a month before the games released, and the finals weren't revealed until after the game came out.

because let's face it, both Kiawe and Mallow are Trial Captains for Akala Island
Where's this coming from? Considering that there's 3 parts to each trial, I think one captain should be enough. Plus we know next to nothing about the islands outside of Melemele (and even then we know so little about it).

If things go similarly to how XY were being revealed I would say the biggest news will probably be occurring closer to launch so most likely a month before the game release and possibly another big news reveal at the beginning of November.

unownzone

In the middle of nothing
It's interesting to see crabrawler not being a water type. Based on its design and color, it would make sense if it were part water type, but perhaps it was based on the coconut crab, which doesn't live in water.

Also, I can't get over the fact that Stufful has a tag underneath its tail. They were intentionally going for the stuffed animal design and I don't know how I feel about that haha