Counter That Deck

RE: Counter That Deck!

@The Pyroar / Archeops / Goodra deck idea from Kecleon; Evosodas to get Garbodor into play Lysandre to take out Goomy's early before they evolve. Plus, if you see that they are playing that deck, just make it your first priority to try to get a Tool on a Trubbish turn 1, not hard to do if you play Skylas over Random Receivers.

Frost Mage said:
@The Pyroar / Archeops / Goodra deck idea from Kecleon; Evosodas to get Garbodor into play Lysandre to take out Goomy's early before they evolve. Plus, if you see that they are playing that deck, just make it your first priority to try to get a Tool on a Trubbish turn 1, not hard to do if you play Skylas over Random Receivers.

Kecleon-X said:
I also just figured out that Pyroar / Archeops / Goodra (Tool Lock) is actually unbeatable if it gets set up fast enough. Even Garbodor can't beat it. Good thing Goodra's not released yet...

But yeah. Turn two Archeops and Goodra is simply ridiculous. But yeah, even so, if you do get the Goodra up -- and if you Skyla for the tool, then that's a high probability -- then you can just Scrapper away the tool and resume being Gooey.

Okay then. Making a Goodra Goofiness deck list now so we can talk about this more. This Goodra is... Good...ra...? *budumtss*

Kecleon-X said:
Frost Mage said:

Kecleon-X said:
I also just figured out that Pyroar / Archeops / Goodra (Tool Lock) is actually unbeatable if it gets set up fast enough. Even Garbodor can't beat it. Good thing Goodra's not released yet...

But yeah. Turn two Archeops and Goodra is simply ridiculous. But yeah, even so, if you do get the Goodra up -- and if you Skyla for the tool, then that's a high probability -- then you can just Scrapper away the tool and resume being Gooey.

Okay then. Making a Goodra Goofiness deck list now so we can talk about this more. This Goodra is... Good...ra...? *budumtss*

There's a counter to everything. The Goodra can always get hit by a gust-effect and then if Pyroar isn't active, it they can attack with their basic.

OblivionDvdr said:
There's a counter to everything.

Hence the name and rules of the thread.

@Luispipe: [video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N935FVqRD8[/video]

:p

Kecleon-X said:
OblivionDvdr said:
There's a counter to everything.

@Luispipe:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N935FVqRD8[/video]

Hey, why me?! What did I do? D:

Edit: Now I remember, I left you :foreveralone: :p

So, to counter [mod]Kecleon-X[/mod]'s mill deck:

Stage 1 Mash-up (Leafeon / Flareon / Garbodor / Zoroark / Drifblim / Raichu / Scizor):

Garbodor to shut off Toppling Wind and a plethora of attackers to make sure everything goes down. If he ever dares to discard a lot of my deck, Flareon will have a feast. :D

Luispipe8 said:
Kecleon-X said:

@Luispipe:
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N935FVqRD8[/video]

Stage 1 Mash-up (Leafeon / Flareon / Garbodor / Zoroark / Drifblim / Raichu / Scizor):

Garbodor to shut off Toppling Wind and a plethora of attackers to make sure everything goes down. If he ever dares to discard a lot of my deck, Flareon will have a feast. :D

Landorus EX / Ninetales / Laser / Virbank / Kyurem EX

Hammerhead KO's Eevee, Pikachu, Zorua, Raichu and Zoroark, and softens up everything else, and Ninetales is for Scizor. It easily OHKO's Scizor (weakness), and can help you hit whatever 2 things you want with Hammerhead. It also just deals a nice amount of damage. You would run heavy Virbank, Dowsing and some Shadow Triad for getting Lasers back. Kyurem EX is a nice beefy Pokemon that can easily deal with Flareon and Drifblim. It wouldn't run DCE, so you'd just attach 2 Basic/Rainbows to it.

Machamp The Champion said:
Luispipe8 said:

Landorus EX / Ninetales / Laser / Virbank / Kyurem EX

Hammerhead KO's Eevee, Pikachu, Zorua, Raichu and Zoroark, and softens up everything else, and Ninetales is for Scizor. It easily OHKO's Scizor (weakness), and can help you hit whatever 2 things you want with Hammerhead. It also just deals a nice amount of damage. You would run heavy Virbank, Dowsing and some Shadow Triad for getting Lasers back. Kyurem EX is a nice beefy Pokemon that can easily deal with Flareon and Drifblim. It wouldn't run DCE, so you'd just attach 2 Basic/Rainbows to it.

Virizion EX/ Suicune/ Mr. Mime

Virizion to cancel out the lasers and to accelerate to Suicune, Suicune beats all of your Pokemon (1hkos Landorus with muscle band). And mime stops the bench snipe.

OblivionDvdr said:
Virizion EX/ Suicune/ Mr. Mime

Virizion to cancel out the lasers and to accelerate to Suicune, Suicune beats all of your Pokemon (1hkos Landorus with muscle band). And mime stops the bench snipe.

Garbodor/Tropius/Victini-EX

Garbodor shuts off abilities, Victini OHKO's Virizion, and Tropius OHKO's Suicune with 3 energies.

OblivionDvdr said:
Garbodor/Tropius/Victini-EX

Garbodor shuts off abilities, Victini OHKO's Virizion, and Tropius OHKO's Suicune with 3 energies.
Pyroar/Archeops/Emboar/Keldeo.

Emboar would first power up Pryoar and Archeops with Blacksmith making sure Pyroar kept energized after Ultra Balling for Emboar discarding two Fire Energies. Archeops would keep Trubbish from evolving. Tropius would be OHKO'ed from Pyroar. Victini would be the only attacker left dealing only 50 dmg per hit taking at least two hits to KO all of the Pokemon... unless the common Virbank CIty Gym and Hypnotoxic Laser come into play... and that is where Float Stone Keldeo comes in.

Leafeon/Garbodor/Megaphone/Tropical Beach

Leafeon takes OHKOs on Keldeo EX while Garbodor cancels Inimidating Mane, Archeops' ability, Inferno Fandango, and Rush In. Megaphone gets rid of Float Stone. Beach discards Twist Mountain.

Pyroar/Lysandre/Dusknoir/Muscle Band

Pyroar gets the easy kill on Leafeon. Lysandre pulls out Garbodor. 110 damage on Garbodor with muscle band and a energy discard. Dusknoir shifts damage so you can't bring up another.

Landorus/raichu/garbo/muscle band/float stone/HTL/virbank

Garbo destroys abilities, raichu and lando then use there fast setup time with garbo to then steam roll pyroar and dusknoir from the bench, raichu is an evo so even w/o garbo it can steam roll pyroar in both turn after turn setup time and power, why is float stone important? op imo.

Blastoise/Keldeo/Suicune/muscle band/SER/megaphone/Scoop Cyclone

Lando dies to anything water, and a turn 2 blastoise with either a suicune or Keldeo in play effectively ends it. Raichu is only 90 HP, so a 3 energy keldeo knocks it, or a banded suicune, and megaphone takes care of garbodor.Scoop Cyclone is for when you have less than two keldeo on the board and cant rush in for the laserbank.

Fun looking game.

skyla27 said:
Blastoise/Keldeo/Suicune/muscle band/SER/megaphone/Scoop Cyclone

Zebstrika NXD/Garbodor DRX/Leafeon PLF/Silver Bangles

Leafeon sorta ruins all the mons and Zebstrika is better early game for disruption since there's not a lot of Energy for Leafeon to pick on early game. Garbodor because Blastoise hates it and Zebstrika blocks Megaphones.

grantm1999 said:
Zebstrika NXD/Garbodor DRX/Leafeon PLF/Silver Bangles

Quad Landorus EX / Hypnotoxic Laser / Heavy Lysandre

Landorus wrecks Blitzel, Eevee, and Zebstrika, and with Lysandre, you can get double knock outs on things very easily. You also only need 1-2 Energy in play, so Leafeon barely does anything, you resist Zebstrika, and you don't have any abilities. Lasers also help KO Leafeon faster (you'd run Muscle Band, too, obviously).

Quad Suicune / Muscle Band / Pokemon Center Lady / Super Potion / Switch

Landorus dies of a horrible death due to Suicune and his posse of Safeguarders that can OHKO Landorus, and the Lasers won't be able to stall me out due to the obscene amount of healing and status condition removal.

Quad Pyroar Whereas Pyroar can attack Suicune, it doesn't work the other way around, so as soon as a Pyroar hits the field, it can't be knocked out.

Quad Beartic Plasma Storm. Pyroar can't KO beartic in one hit, but Beartic can OHKO pyroar for only 2 energy once pyroar takes a shot at beartic, and has energy acceleration via colress machine so it's also faster.

MaD_DoG said:
Quad Beartic Plasma Storm. Pyroar can't KO beartic in one hit, but Beartic can OHKO pyroar for only 2 energy once pyroar takes a shot at beartic, and has energy acceleration via colress machine so it's also faster.

Dragonite Garbodor with Silver Mirror.

Use Deafen with Silver Mirror once and it's gg. You can't do damage because of Silver Mirror, and you can't play Tool Scrapper / Startling Megaphone because of Deafen. Garbodor is in there for other match ups.

Yveltal EX, Druddigon. dragonite uses alot of energy makeing it easier to one shot it with Yveltal EX and Druddigon can revenge one shot the Dragonite.

Back