Counter That Deck

RE: Counter That Deck!

Target: Raichu/suicune/virizion EX

Counter Shot: Landorus EX/Yveltal EX/ Garbodor DRX/ Virbank Lasers/ Muscle Band/ Max Potion/ Float Stone

Landorus EX OHKO's Pikachu with Hammer Head, and OHKO's Raichu with Virbank Lasers, or Muscle Band, Garbodor cancels Abilities, so Landorus EX could weaken Virizion EX or Suicune while they are on the bench, if Suicune manges to KO Landorus EX, Yveltal EX can finish Suicune off, and wins the damage trade against Suicune or Virizion EX. If Landorus EX has been weakened near KO range, he can heal with Max Potion.

Float Stone to supplement Switch, and activate Garbotoxin

Accelgor, Trevenant, Dusknoir, and Mew.

Item lock, Paralysis poison. Move damage around and repeat. Take 6 prizes at once.

Ivy_Profen said:

Item lock, Paralysis poison. Move damage around and repeat. Take 6 prizes at once.

Virizion EX/Genesect Ex/Rosarade

Virizion EX Prevrnts paralysis lock, genesect ex Can OHKO most of the pokemon with a muscle band, while being able to hit the bench as well setting up KOs as well as rd signaling around trevenant to get out of item lock Rosarade searches any card with ability.

Eron said:
Keldeo/Blastoise

Water>Fire.

Sableye/Garbodor/Genesect w/ 4 tech frozen city

Strat; set up garb to shut off the abilities. If they get blastoise out with the scrapper slow them down with frozen city. Slowly slow them down with annoying item cards like prank scoop while slowly setting up a Genesect EX to KO everything. 100 + 80 (frozen city) = OHKO BKEX 100 x 2 = 200 on Keldeo EX

Ivy_Profen said:

Wait was that supposed to be a counter to my Deck? Garbodor eliminates all Abilities, so Trevenant can't lock, or Dusknoir manipulate damage, or Mew EX use any attack other than replace. \

Admittedly, if I fail to KO the Shelmet before they evolve, or the Accelgor before they receive energy, I only have a clutch switch allowing me to escape paralysis.

Even if you can set up garbodor and attach an item. Just one tool scrapper and and my deck would gain abilities again, and then lock you out of ever putting another tool down. Then paralysis, poison, and move damage counters around until there is enough to take all the prizes in one turn.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
Eron said:
Keldeo/Blastoise

Water>Fire.

Strat; set up garb to shut off the abilities. If they get blastoise out with the scrapper slow them down with frozen city. Slowly slow them down with annoying item cards like prank scoop while slowly setting up a Genesect EX to KO everything. 100 + 80 (frozen city) = OHKO BKEX 100 x 2 = 200 on Keldeo EX

VIctini EX/Entei EX/Tornadus (LTR)/Mewtwo

Vicitin/Victory piece destroys Genesect. Victini can accelerate from the deck while Entei from the discard pile (getting around Frozen City). Tornadus is there as a non EX attacker that can KO pesky safeguard pokemon with a muscle band. Mewtwo is just backup against the likes of Keldeo. Deck runs multiple superrods to keep from decking out (countering prank scoop).

PumpedAaron said:
Ivy_Profen said:

Wait was that supposed to be a counter to my Deck? Garbodor eliminates all Abilities, so Trevenant can't lock, or Dusknoir manipulate damage, or Mew EX use any attack other than replace. \

Admittedly, if I fail to KO the Shelmet before they evolve, or the Accelgor before they receive energy, I only have a clutch switch allowing me to escape paralysis.

Ivy_Profen said:
Even if you can set up garbodor and attach an item. Just one tool scrapper and and my deck would gain abilities again, and then lock you out of ever putting another tool down. Then paralysis, poison, and move damage counters around until there is enough to take all the prizes in one turn.

Guys, please do not make this the fiasco that was Hurt/Heal. Please, if you are to have such a conversation, do it over the "Profile" messages and PMs.

Kecleon-X said:
PumpedAaron said:

Ivy_Profen said:

Guys, please do not make this the fiasco that was Hurt/Heal. Please, if you are to have such a conversation, do it over the "Profile" messages and PMs.

Right. Sorry. There are a few other variables involved even if you've come up with a workable counter. Anyway, I'll be more careful about that.

pokedan24 said:
AlexanderTheAwesome said:

Vicitin/Victory piece destroys Genesect. Victini can accelerate from the deck while Entei from the discard pile (getting around Frozen City). Tornadus is there as a non EX attacker that can KO pesky safeguard pokemon with a muscle band. Mewtwo is just backup against the likes of Keldeo. Deck runs multiple superrods to keep from decking out (countering prank scoop).

Empire: Empoleon/Dusknoir

Empoleon attack command can easily hit 90 x2 to OHKO everything. If you play it right you leave 10-20 damage remaining on a pokemon and use sinister hand to take knockouts on stuff not weak to water. Then use max potion when they damage your Empoleons since nothing but a mewtwo with 6+ energy can OHKO Empoleon.

Cortel II said:
pokedan24 said:

Empire: Empoleon/Dusknoir

Empoleon attack command can easily hit 90 x2 to OHKO everything. If you play it right you leave 10-20 damage remaining on a pokemon and use sinister hand to take knockouts on stuff not weak to water. Then use max potion when they damage your Empoleons since nothing but a mewtwo with 6+ energy can OHKO Empoleon.

Thundurus/Deoxys/Lugia w/ Heavy Absol and Max Potion

Empoleon is weak to Lightning, so Thundurus can easily KO it in one hit with Muscle Band and 2 Deoxys. Lugia can take extra prizes on Empoleon, Absol can also OHKO Empoleon, which is a non EX attacker, and Max Potion can heal Thundurus and Lugia off so Dusknoir can't move that much damage around.

^

Trevenent/Silver Mirror.

Trevenant has the item lock ability. Silver mirror prevents all plasma pokemon from attacking. Together, an all plasma deck won't be able to touch Trevenant and won't be able to play items to get around it.

Oh dang. I never thought I would see the day.

(Speed Reshi-Ramification) Reshiram / Blacksmith

Time usually spent with long walks on the beach Flame Torching until Trevenant is set up, then as I have the ability to attach three energy to my Reshiram in one fell swoop even without Item Lock, I can OHKO the Trevenant with relative ease. Tree Slam won't be able to THKO my Reshiram without a Muscle Band, in which case I can just Outrage for other KOs.

Kecleon-X said:
Oh dang. I never thought I would see the day.

(Speed Reshi-Ramification) Reshiram / Blacksmith

Time usually spent with long walks on the beach Flame Torching until Trevenant is set up, then as I have the ability to attach three energy to my Reshiram in one fell swoop even without Item Lock, I can OHKO the Trevenant with relative ease. Tree Slam won't be able to THKO my Reshiram without a Muscle Band, in which case I can just Outrage for other KOs.

But they can THKO your next several Reshirams, because the bench damage will add up. (This isn't an argument to your pick, I just thought it was worth pointing out.

Blastoise EX / Pyroar

In the beginning, you use Blastoise to Rapid Spin with a Muscle Band into Pyroar to hit Reshiram and prevent the next one from attacking. You also play a few Iris so you can OHKO Reshirams in the late game. You only bench 1 Blastoise so if they KO it with Lysandre or something, Pyroar can wall and lock them out of the game.

I know, I meant with the first guy. Besides, I could run Mime or just Outrage. *shrugs* Either way.

Anyway, OH DANG. That Blastoise, though.

Slice-N-Dice (Ninjask / Sigilyph / Latias EX / Silver Bangle)

Ninjask with a Silver Bangle OHKOs Blastoise, and you switch into a Sigilyph to prevent Blastoise from hitting you again. If they switch gears into Pyroar, simply switch into Latias instead of Sigilyph and continue to wall them while TKOing their Pyroar.

Ninetails/ Flareon/ Raichu. Ninetails allows you to pull foward Ninjask to shut down the main offense. Flareon and raichu can attack latias EX and sigilyph and ninjask now that i think about it. If you wanted you could even run a sigilyph with the deck to counter sigilyph.

Ninetails/Flareon/Raichu

Counter: Pyroar/Archeops

Get a pyroar in play then rush a Archeops, and there is the game.

zavtac said:
Ninetails/Flareon/Raichu

Counter: Pyroar/Archeops

Get a pyroar in play then rush a Archeops, and there is the game.

Ninetailes/Raichu/Flareon/Zoroark WITH 4 Evosoda and Ascension Zorua. gg :p

KOing? :pThe strategy of that deck is to avoid evolutions, so I counter that with Evosoda and Zorua. Everyone there would be able to evolve and eventually KO the opponent. If he takes KO's, he just powers up Flareon. And anyways, going around Archeops is easy, just try to Bright Look the Archen before they get to evolve it.

Put in the strategy so people can counter it better. :) ~Kecleon

Back