News 'CoroCoro' Confirms Necrozma Forms

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
UB-06 Assembly looks frickin' beast.
th
The memes are gonna come back bru!

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Both of these beasts look like fantastically weird creatures, so fitting for the Ultra Beast classification. My guess is that Assembly will be Rock/Steel or Rock/Ghost, and Burst will either be Fairy/Psychic or pure Fairy.

Cottonmouth25

Flying-type Enthusiast
Also, I think Bursts type is either flying, ghost, ice, fire, or dark. When it used an attack(it looked like its "signature move"), it was a super effective hit on Decidueye, and c'mon you know that signature move types are most of the time the same type as the Pokemon that's using it. However this could be easily debunked, because what if TPCI just put the SE hit sound just to make it sound cool? It probably wasn't super effective soo idk. And what if the signature move is not the same type as the pokemon itself? Just a little something id mention.

Dhelmise's signature move is Anchor Shot, which is Steel-type, so it's not impossible.

Loaf of Slakoth

BREAD is loafing around!
Hopefully they don't change the localized names too much. Maybe something like the official names are "Necrozma - Dusk Forme" and "Necrozma - Dawn Form", and on the cards they show as "Dusk Necrozma" and "Dawn Necrozma". I mean, it would be cool if they didn't change the names...but we all know they are.

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
What exactly interests you about this game? Everything about it is subpar at best. They painted Midday Lycanroc orange and called it "Dusk Form". No, it's Orange Form. No one cares about Z-moves, they're flashy looking moves that get old every subsequent time you see it and add no individuality to the Pokemon. The new UBs resemble inanimate objects and they don't really count as new Pokemon, just as region-based story mechanics. On top of that, they have such meager content that they're adding the Orange Form Lycanroc distribution as a feature. I find it funny that Pokebeach didn't even update the site since the Nintendo Direct only regurgitated what we knew from Corocoro hours earlier.

I don't want to dampen your fun but I really want to know what would make anyone spend 40 bucks on this. The only possible explanation would be to support Nintendo, which is the sole reason I'd ever consider buying it.

To each their own. Lycanroc Dusk Form's design makes sense from a practical standpoint. It the body of the Midday Form with the mane of the Midnight Form. Why would it look dramatically different?

"No one cares about Z-moves."

Are you speaking for everybody? I think you're making a big assumption. I like Z-moves. They add an interesting twist to battling. I prefer Mega Evolution, but like Z-moves too.

I don't think the Pokémon Company literally sat around and was like "Hmm, Ultra Beast don't add much to the games so we'll give out this Dusk Lycanroc to compensate it." I think you're reaching a bit there.

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
To each their own. Lycanroc Dusk Form's design makes sense from a practical standpoint. It the body of the Midday Form with the mane of the Midnight Form. Why would it look dramatically different?

"No one cares about Z-moves."

Are you speaking for everybody? I think you're making a big assumption. I like Z-moves. They add an interesting twist to battling. I prefer Mega Evolution, but like Z-moves too.

I don't think the Pokémon Company literally sat around and was like "Hmm, Ultra Beast don't add much to the games so we'll give out this Dusk Lycanroc to compensate it." I think you're reaching a bit there.
So they changed his color and lifted his hair up a tad. In the past they've had to code hundreds of Pokemon's shiny forms in every new region. They could have done more regional variants but they'd rather include non-features to avoid doing any work (probably because they're primarily focused on the Switch game). If it's not dramatically different, why should it be included or promoted in the first place? I don't know man. I'm predicting right now this'll be the least popular game in its history if not only for the abysmal amount of "features" they have

HouchinsDJ

Aspiring Trainer
So they changed his color and lifted his hair up a tad. In the past they've had to code hundreds of Pokemon's shiny forms in every new region. They could have done more regional variants but they'd rather include non-features to avoid doing any work (probably because they're primarily focused on the Switch game). If it's not dramatically different, why should it be included or promoted in the first place? I don't know man. I'm predicting right now this'll be the least popular game in its history if not only for the abysmal amount of "features" they have

Except this isn't a new region... USUM isn't a new generation. I think the bigger problem here is that people are complaining about lack of announcements, that every time Pokémon reveals something new about the games, people just go "THAT'S IT!?!?!" and want more. People became spoiled because Pokemon released a new announcement every two weeks for months leading up to Sun and Moon's release. Why would USUM have MORE features than Sun and Moon? That's not how any of the past games worked whenever they release a third installment or sequels.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't dramatically different. So by your logic, why did anybody buy those?

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully they don't change the localized names too much. Maybe something like the official names are "Necrozma - Dusk Forme" and "Necrozma - Dawn Form", and on the cards they show as "Dusk Necrozma" and "Dawn Necrozma". I mean, it would be cool if they didn't change the names...but we all know they are.
The forme names are already confirmed as Dusk Mane (for Solgaleo!Necrozma) and Dawn Wings (for Lunala!Necrozma).

Nick Tornell

Haha, art go brrrr
Except this isn't a new region... USUM isn't a new generation. I think the bigger problem here is that people are complaining about lack of announcements, that every time Pokémon reveals something new about the games, people just go "THAT'S IT!?!?!" and want more. People became spoiled because Pokemon released a new announcement every two weeks for months leading up to Sun and Moon's release. Why would USUM have MORE features than Sun and Moon? That's not how any of the past games worked whenever they release a third installment or sequels.

Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, and Platinum weren't dramatically different. So by your logic, why did anybody buy those?
US/UM aren't going to be like Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, or Platinum but more like B2/W2