Cheap Decks That Work

boneclub24

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
Hey, just getting back into the game again. Like last time (when I made Shuppet), I'm looking for some cheap decks ($-wise) that can function.

EDIT: Also, are there any Cinccino decks that work right now?

Durant is easily the cheapest deck out there, but it's Tier 1 to 1.5. It consists of Durant... and yeah, Durant and a billion trainers.

Cinccino is pretty bad right now, and it's never been good.

Yeah, I was referred to Durant. Seems legit and fun. I'll have to see if I can try and afford a set of the new Gust, though. Card is expensive.

That's too bad that Cinccino never got there. Is Jumpluff viable? It seemed to have some support when I was last playing.

The best decks I can think of that you could make with cinccino would be

Kingdra / Cinccino or Zoroark / Cinccino
Neither are all that competitive anymore, but I played Kingdra / Cinccino for awhile before evolite / big basics were so popular and it was a great little deck :)
I actually have been playing jumpluff for about the last month now, I have alot of fun with it :) I play it with Jumpluff / Plume / Sunflora / Shaymin EX
It's not going to win you states / nationals :) But I like to have a "fun deck" built as well as a "meta deck"

boneclub24 said:
Yeah, I was referred to Durant. Seems legit and fun. I'll have to see if I can try and afford a set of the new Gust, though. Card is expensive.

That's too bad that Cinccino never got there. Is Jumpluff viable? It seemed to have some support when I was last playing.
Jumpluff is good as a card to See Off in Mewbox, but outside of that it hasn't gotten much play since the rotation. Big basics are just too powerful now, especially when half the decks can go down to 3-4 bench. No sense in running a Stage 2 when you have a basic that does the same job better.

Tyram is more expensive, but still pretty cheap. There are about 1204812 versions of Reshiram BW now so it's extremely common. All you need is staple T/S and some Typhlosion primes which should be ~$5 each nowadays, and maybe 2-3 Ninetails CoL if you want to. Should only be a bit more than Durant and is also pretty easy to play, and it's much less luck based.

Well, except for Pokémon Catcher, which goes for $9 to $10. That card is annoying to get. Sometimes, it feels like I might be better off getting Vileplume as it's cheaper and eliminates the need for Pokémon Catcher.

Yeah, Catcher is annoying with those prices. Hoping it comes as a league promo pretty soon.

^ I guess you could try to use a $ dual ball engine but Durant is not easy to play without Collectors.

boneclub24 said:
Could Durant work without the collectors?

Collectors and catchers are worth it to buy because they will stay in rotation for awhile and a great cards. Decks are going to be pricey though

You could play Roundhouse...(which is Wigglytuff/Seismitoad). All the Pokemon in that deck TOTAL cost $6.

NV Cinccino plus Vileplume and UL Roserade is pretty good. The combination of smooth coat plus confusion means its infuriatingly hard to attack. None of those cards are that expensive.

Roundhouse is pretty good too. Super cheap. I'm still working on getting it to run consistently, but its good.

Roundhouse might actually be even cheaper than Durant, as you might not need to pay for as many Collectors if you play Pichu, and you wouldn't need as many Catchers. It's also quite good as well, but maybe not tier one as Durant is.

Oh also, at the moment I would only really have time for things like leagues. Would this give you guys any ideas?

The grass deck seems sick, too. Will definitely look into it. Roundhouse also looks like the kind of "dog-pile" deck I like, too.

Back