'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Mar 7, 2018.

1. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

Zangoose only stands on two legs when they are ready to fight, otherwise they walk on all four.

2. Dar Ksereth Aspiring Trainer
    Dar Ksereth

honestly, this looks like an ok card for alolan exeggutor. the 120 damage one. besides that... yeah.

3. Starsoulklr 'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
    Starsoulklr

It IS weird that Zangoose wasn't in Burning Shadows with Seviper being rivals. Wonder if there is going to be one in that Hoenn set? My guess is the TCG version will either be in the single blister or the three pack blister.

4. Don Pianta Old man
    Don Pianta

If that Riptide Feraligatr were viable this would pair well with it. But it isn't, so this is also kind of bad.

5. Luxinity Elegant Cosplayer
    Luxinity

actually useful for cards that need discarding to work, like Ultra Necrozma/Malamar

6. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

I genuinely thought it was the final stage of zigzagoon and linoon

7. fleshrum April in Kalos...
    fleshrum

Advanced Member Member

How dare you insult my Maxie & The Magma deck!!!1!

8. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

I am calling it. Linoone will be on the set. Its 2 in a row that they introduce an early-game normal type mon. Well, technically 1 because the Sinnoh one doesn't have Bidoof but we have Yungoos

9. Fou-Link MVP
    Fou-Link

Maybe it will be good for putting cards in the discard, such as energy for acceleration

10. Robin Aisaga Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
    Robin Aisaga

hmmmm you could also not pick the Pokémon and just use it to discard your deck and then lose, very interesting

11. DKQuagmire Who else but Quagsire?
    DKQuagmire

That's actually not a bad idea. Since we don't have Misty's Wrath to discard loads of cards from the top of the deck, and I doubt Sage's Training will ever be re-printed either, Zangoose can be a way of getting all the water energy in the top 6 cards of the deck, into the discard pile, to power up a Riptide attack. plus its setting you up with pokemon for the next turn. it can grab you a tapu lele, if its there or a crucial Totodile piece.

If only battle compressor was in standard. that would be a straight up 4 copy card in Riptide.
    At least Acro Bike is being re-printed. discard the water energy and keep the other card.
    Also TV reporter can discard water energy, after you draw 3 new cards, though keep TV reporter in your binder until September, then use it. Sycamore is still the superior option for discarding everything.

12. Otaku The wise fool?
    Otaku

That would be broken, albeit in the (mostly) luck-based manner; to potentially fill your Bench with Evolutions that skipped their Basic (possibly also Stage 1) iterations. XP If we want a simple tweak to make this card better, add the "If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn." clause.

Then again, at this point, I'd rather they just tweak the first turn attack rules to allow attacks but ignore all damage done to your opponent's Pokémon. Probably still some problem cards because of things like damage counter placement, but I'd rather we had to ban/errata a few such cards and all the stuff with solid setup attacks could actually work T1.

13. Rooie Aspiring Trainer
    Rooie

Going first is already the superior option pretty much every time. Does it really need to be even better?

Wechselbalg likes this.
  14. Almedin3 Aspiring Trainer
    Almedin3

just a vulpix but worse needs energy and can only use top 10 cards but still cool i guess

15. Grumpus_the_3rd Aspiring Trainer
    Grumpus_the_3rd

Super Excited! Like someone else said, I really hope they re-print Double Dragon Energy...

16. NJ Pokemaster Aspiring Trainer
    NJ Pokemaster

Honestly I think genesect/ Venusaur/ sceptile could be viable

17. NJ Pokemaster Aspiring Trainer
    NJ Pokemaster

How many sceptile lines would u run in shining genesect/venasaur? I'm thinking a 2-1-2 could work since you're already running rare candies

18. BENDsli Aspiring Trainer
    BENDsli

I was looking at this the same way, pop out a bunch of Megas/stage 2s straight to the bench, then they can't be devolved

mainly picturing the possibilities of a Zangoose/Altaria/Dragonite-GX/Garchomp deck at the moment

19. Serenade808 Aspiring Trainer
    Serenade808

i wouldnt mind trying this setup with Rotom toolbox

20. Joan Perex Aspiring Trainer
    Joan Perex

Steven will be player for sure! In a format with no N to counter it, it will be very good.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 0 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?