'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
1.) Can be used to grab supporter after something like Banette discards it.
2.) Its not Budget Lele, Lele grabs from the deck, Delcatty grabs from the discard.
3.) Its good in a pinch when you dont have much.
4.) Delcatty is a rare so it'll be sort of hard to pull making its value per copy more expensive than other cards. (Not important to my argument)
Lastly, delcatty may take up a bench space, but its basically a searchable vs. Seeker. You'd just have to choose whether you'd this over marcargo or oranguru engines than anything else.

1. That's... not really a point in its favor? That's just how the card works.

2. They both grab supporter cards. Delcatty grabs them from a different place, but either way, it's about having consistent access to the supporter you want on the turn you want it.
It IS budget lele, which isn't a bad thing. Lele is insane, so having a non-gx pokemon that's similar is still good.

3. It's not good in a pinch because you have to play it on top of a skitty that you played a turn before. You have to intentionally set up your delcatty. It's not a good top-deck.

It's KIND OF a searchable Vs. Seeker, except Vs. Seeker is only 1 card, while delcatty is 2, and you have to intentionally set up your delcatty by playing a skitty the turn before, AND it takes up a bench space for the rest of the game. So it's not even really close.

FacepalmMaster

1 2 3 5 6 7 8 9
Omg! This is wicked! Manetric can be a Rayquaza GX variant, Delcatty is literally a double vs seeker, Swampert is an overpowered Zoroark, Acro Bike is AMAZING and its finally back.....MY WALLET'S GONNA BE EMPTY!!!
as these are all gonna be either uncommon or rares, I would doubt your wallet is gonna be empty

Kietharr

Aspiring Trainer
That Swampert is insane. And we thought Trade was good...this card is broken. Being a Stage 2 doesn't matter when you have that kind of consistency.
P.S.: RIP Zoroark-GX 2017-2018. I hope you enjoy your peaceful rest in Buzzwole's back garden.

It absolutely does matter that it's a stage 2. Being a stage 2 means you need a larger deck investment to make it work. You will run 1-3 Marshtomp and probably 4 Rare Candy. I'd say that you're by necessity running at the very least 6 more cards than Zoroark does to get the one extra draw per turn per Swampert. And then you consider the additional energy you have to run for a costlier attack, and that aqua patches are required to get the same one turn attacking capability that Zoroark has, you're looking at probably 10 or more cards in excess of what you need to run Zoroark.

Deck investment aside, you need to consider the mechanical limitations of the game. Stage 2 means either it comes out one turn later, or you need a swampert and a candy in hand to get the one turn evolution. Either way you cut it, this means slower and less consistent. The attack costs CCC but requires at least WCC and a choice band to hit 2HKO on everything, while Zoroark just needs DCE and a full bench. Swampert requires two attachments to do what Zoroark does for one. If you want to take advantage of hydro pump's ability to hit OHKOs you will need 5 water energies to KO most of the main attackers in the format. If you dump that much on one Swampert you will lose it to a Lele the next turn 90% of the time and probably have nothing with enough energy to attack on your board.

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Lele needs 3 energy to one-shot a 5 energy swampert. That's 2 attachments that your opponent isn't likely to want to use unless necessary. Even when lele does one-shot it, you're still trading 2 prizes for one.

Swampert is a lot worse than Zoroark in the department of offense, but being a 1 prize attacker is a pretty incredible benefit, and its weakness is a lot less relevant than zoroark's.

Plus you can run counter energy with pert which, while not perfect, is a pretty nice boost.

I don't think it's going to be nearly as good as zoroark, but zoroark was the BDIF for a long time, so that's not that bad.

RisingRaichuu

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
It absolutely does matter that it's a stage 2. Being a stage 2 means you need a larger deck investment to make it work. You will run 1-3 Marshtomp and probably 4 Rare Candy. I'd say that you're by necessity running at the very least 6 more cards than Zoroark does to get the one extra draw per turn per Swampert. And then you consider the additional energy you have to run for a costlier attack, and that aqua patches are required to get the same one turn attacking capability that Zoroark has, you're looking at probably 10 or more cards in excess of what you need to run Zoroark.

Deck investment aside, you need to consider the mechanical limitations of the game. Stage 2 means either it comes out one turn later, or you need a swampert and a candy in hand to get the one turn evolution. Either way you cut it, this means slower and less consistent. The attack costs CCC but requires at least WCC and a choice band to hit 2HKO on everything, while Zoroark just needs DCE and a full bench. Swampert requires two attachments to do what Zoroark does for one. If you want to take advantage of hydro pump's ability to hit OHKOs you will need 5 water energies to KO most of the main attackers in the format. If you dump that much on one Swampert you will lose it to a Lele the next turn 90% of the time and probably have nothing with enough energy to attack on your board.
Yet Swampert gives up just one prize and is not weak to Fighting.

The42ndCorgi

Formerly Corgimaster
And... we now have another setup option besides dunsparce. Eh. This kinda sucks, now that I think about it.

Duke Erebus

Aspiring Trainer
It would be interesting to apply this mechanic in a different way: instead of going to your hand, the Pokemon go straight to the bench, regardless of Stage. It would make for some fun rogue decks.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
  • Zangoose - Just use Vulpix. Its 100% better, even though the artwork is weird. 2 Geodudes

Kent Freeze

Aspiring Trainer
Maybe sort of useful in something needs a lot of cards in discard, like a rotom deck? Probably still terrible though.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
First Zangoose card in what, 12 years? Don't actually remember seeing one in recent times. Was really hoping for a Zangoose-GX. Would have dumped my wallet for a Zangoose-GX.

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
First Zangoose card in what, 12 years? Don't actually remember seeing one in recent times. Was really hoping for a Zangoose-GX. Would have dumped my wallet for a Zangoose-GX.
There was one in the Double Crisis mini set for Team Magma, the set that only the Stadiums mattered for constructed formats. They can be used in some fun decks though the art is a treat for it the teams working together with their Pokemon.

Along with the others here yes Beacon Vulpix is still the better card.