'Charisma of the Wrecked Sky,' Japan's SM7 Set Announced!

Starsoulklr

'Rolling around at the speed of sound'
It IS weird that Zangoose wasn't in Burning Shadows with Seviper being rivals. Wonder if there is going to be one in that Hoenn set? My guess is the TCG version will either be in the single blister or the three pack blister.

Don Pianta

Old man
If that Riptide Feraligatr were viable this would pair well with it. But it isn't, so this is also kind of bad.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I am calling it. Linoone will be on the set. Its 2 in a row that they introduce an early-game normal type mon. Well, technically 1 because the Sinnoh one doesn't have Bidoof but we have Yungoos

Robin Aisaga

Ginger Lillie > Regular Lillie
hmmmm you could also not pick the Pokémon and just use it to discard your deck and then lose, very interesting

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
If that Riptide Feraligatr were viable this would pair well with it. But it isn't, so this is also kind of bad.

That's actually not a bad idea. Since we don't have Misty's Wrath to discard loads of cards from the top of the deck, and I doubt Sage's Training will ever be re-printed either, Zangoose can be a way of getting all the water energy in the top 6 cards of the deck, into the discard pile, to power up a Riptide attack. plus its setting you up with pokemon for the next turn. it can grab you a tapu lele, if its there or a crucial Totodile piece.

If only battle compressor was in standard. that would be a straight up 4 copy card in Riptide.
At least Acro Bike is being re-printed. discard the water energy and keep the other card.
Also TV reporter can discard water energy, after you draw 3 new cards, though keep TV reporter in your binder until September, then use it. Sycamore is still the superior option for discarding everything.

Otaku

The wise fool?
It would be interesting to apply this mechanic in a different way: instead of going to your hand, the Pokemon go straight to the bench, regardless of Stage. It would make for some fun rogue decks.

That would be broken, albeit in the (mostly) luck-based manner; to potentially fill your Bench with Evolutions that skipped their Basic (possibly also Stage 1) iterations. XP If we want a simple tweak to make this card better, add the "If you go first, you can use this attack on your first turn." clause.

Then again, at this point, I'd rather they just tweak the first turn attack rules to allow attacks but ignore all damage done to your opponent's Pokémon. Probably still some problem cards because of things like damage counter placement, but I'd rather we had to ban/errata a few such cards and all the stuff with solid setup attacks could actually work T1.

Rooie

Aspiring Trainer
Then again, at this point, I'd rather they just tweak the first turn attack rules to allow attacks but ignore all damage done to your opponent's Pokémon. Probably still some problem cards because of things like damage counter placement, but I'd rather we had to ban/errata a few such cards and all the stuff with solid setup attacks could actually work T1.
Going first is already the superior option pretty much every time. Does it really need to be even better?

NJ Pokemaster

Aspiring Trainer
How many sceptile lines would u run in shining genesect/venasaur? I'm thinking a 2-1-2 could work since you're already running rare candies

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
It would be interesting to apply this mechanic in a different way: instead of going to your hand, the Pokemon go straight to the bench, regardless of Stage. It would make for some fun rogue decks.
I was looking at this the same way, pop out a bunch of Megas/stage 2s straight to the bench, then they can't be devolved

mainly picturing the possibilities of a Zangoose/Altaria/Dragonite-GX/Garchomp deck at the moment