ORAS Changes to the Hoenn Pokédex?

Bolt the Cat said:
woohoo962 said:
So slowpoke line,buneary line, and audino are in.

Most likely not. The Dex numbers posted on the main site imply that only cross gen evos are being added. Slowpoke, Buneary, and Audino are probably post game.

But they could be put after Metagross or after some Legendaries, like in Platinum.

Blob55 said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Most likely not. The Dex numbers posted on the main site imply that only cross gen evos are being added. Slowpoke, Buneary, and Audino are probably post game.

But they could be put after Metagross or after some Legendaries, like in Platinum.

And we could be going to Sinnoh in post game.

Blob55 said:
Here are the new dex numbers for Pokémon with different dex numbers:
  • Feebas is 145 and Milotic is 146
  • Pichu is 162, Pikachu is 163 and Raichu is 164
  • Bagon is 196, Shelgon is 197 and Salamence is 198

The Feebas line moved down 5 spaces because of Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew and Roserade.
The Pichu line moved down 2 more spaces, because of Dusknoir and Chingling.
The Bagon line moved down another 2 more spaces because of Rhyperior and Froslass.

So this either means there are no new Pokémon added to the ORAS dex, bar evolutions and prevolutions added through gen 4, or all the extra Pokémon get put after Metagross or the Regis/Latis. Like in Platinum.
It is possible that gen 4 evolutions aren't included and other evolution lines are. All of these evolve or are bred through items (or an area, but I doubt New Mauville would be unable to evolve Magneton and Nosepass) that could just not be included. This would leave up to 7-9 open spots depending on New Mauville that could be filled by Slowpoke, Slowbro, possibly Slowking, Buneary, Lopunny, and Audino with room left over for 1-4 other Pokemon that would likely receive Megas. That being said, I don't feel this is very likely, but it is a possibility. I hope we just get /new/ lines included at the end of the dex like Platinum, mostly because of the lackluster selection of a few types such as Fire in the original Hoenn dex.

Cinesra said:
Blob55 said:
Here are the new dex numbers for Pokémon with different dex numbers:
  • Feebas is 145 and Milotic is 146
  • Pichu is 162, Pikachu is 163 and Raichu is 164
  • Bagon is 196, Shelgon is 197 and Salamence is 198

The Feebas line moved down 5 spaces because of Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Budew and Roserade.
The Pichu line moved down 2 more spaces, because of Dusknoir and Chingling.
The Bagon line moved down another 2 more spaces because of Rhyperior and Froslass.

So this either means there are no new Pokémon added to the ORAS dex, bar evolutions and prevolutions added through gen 4, or all the extra Pokémon get put after Metagross or the Regis/Latis. Like in Platinum.
It is possible that gen 4 evolutions aren't included and other evolution lines are. All of these evolve or are bred through items (or an area, but I doubt New Mauville would be unable to evolve Magneton and Nosepass) that could just not be included. This would leave up to 7-9 open spots depending on New Mauville that could be filled by Slowpoke, Slowbro, possibly Slowking, Buneary, Lopunny, and Audino with room left over for 1-4 other Pokemon that would likely receive Megas. That being said, I don't feel this is very likely, but it is a possibility. I hope we just get /new/ lines included at the end of the dex like Platinum, mostly because of the lackluster selection of a few types such as Fire in the original Hoenn dex.

And it coincidentally moves those 3 pokemon in the dex by exactly the amount of spots as the evolutions added in their proper spots would. I doubt that very much.

Bolt the Cat said:
His Goominess said:
I think that unless they planned large changes to the hoenn dex they wouldn't have directly acknowledged that it is gonna be expanded.

however... the amount it will be expanded is anyones guess.

They haven't directly acknowledged that it's going to be expanded. "More Pokemon than there were before" could mean several different things. The only hint we have of an expanded dex is that Phoebe uses Dusknoir.

I think they will keep gens 1-3 the same but add on gens 4-6 but the national dex will definitely be changed to match up with the gen 6 Pokedex. Expecte massive changes to that part of the dex for sure. I also hope they make the dex easier to find a specific Pokemon like a search feature where you can type in the Pokemon name number and or both name and number. That would make life a whole lot easier. The way they have been doing it annoys me.:)

xxashxx said:
I think they will keep gens 1-3 the same but add on gens 4-6 but the national dex will definitely be changed to match up with the gen 6 Pokedex. Expecte massive changes to that part of the dex for sure. I also hope they make the dex easier to find a specific Pokemon like a search feature where you can type in the Pokemon name number and or both name and number. That would make life a whole lot easier. The way they have been doing it annoys me.:)

Um, what? Well of course they're going to expand the National Dex, that's obvious. It doesn't look like 4th-6th gen Pokemon are being added to the Hoenn Dex though, aside from cross gen evos and maybe Regigigas.

Uh what???? They are not adding all 721 Pokemon to the dex? That does not make sense? I know the national dex only has like 150 Pokemon. I was talking about the full dex XD.:)

xxashxx said:
Uh what???? They are not adding all 721 Pokemon to the dex? That does not make sense? I know the national dex only has like 150 Pokemon. I was talking about the full dex XD.:)

the full dex is the national dex -.-

what Bolt was saying is that the national (full) dex will definitely be expanded to include more things, and that the hoenn dex only has cross gen evos and possibly regigigas included.

Oh ok. I thought Regigigas was already in all dex's after 4th gen? I kind of expected a redesign since 3rd gen he did not exist yet.:)

xxashxx said:
Oh ok. I thought Regigigas was already in all dex's after 4th gen? I kind of expected a redesign since 3rd gen he did not exist yet.:)

it was only in the updated (bw2) Unova dex iirc

there is literally zero chance of a redesign for it (the only time thats happened was with the whole Jynx-racism-thing iirc), but they could give it a Mega or a Primal Reversion.

xxashxx said:

It isn't in ANY regional dex.

You seem confused about pretty much anything related to this.

National Dex=ALL known pokemon ordered by generation
This one is unlocked in the post-game of ANY game.
There is ONE national dex. It's automatically extended whenever new pokemon come out.

Regional Dex=a dex comprised of certain pokemon for a specific region with a custom order, usually fitting how you meet them through the region
These are all unique to their regions/games and only include pokemon that are actually found in the main part of the game.
There is a Johto-dex, a new Johto-dex (just 5 evolutions added in HGSS), a Hoenndex, the original Sinnoh-dex for DP, an extended Sinnoh-dex for Pt, the original Unova-dex for BW (150 only new pokemon), the huge Unova-dex for BW2 (with 150 old pokemon added), and the Kalos-dex which is split into 3 parts.

Ok I get it now. He is not in the smaller dex. Yeah I kind of forgot about that because when I play the games I go by the full dex and the full dex only. I never really cared about the smaller dex anyway. It is the full dex that counts XD. Not the small dex.:)

xxashxx said:
Ok I get it now. He is not in the smaller dex. Yeah I kind of forgot about that because when I play the games I go by the full dex and the full dex only. I never really cared about the smaller dex anyway. It is the full dex that counts XD. Not the small dex.:)

The National Dex is automatically updated each gen, it's not really discussion worthy.

Yeah I knew they updated it each gen XD. I was just saying when I play the games I only use the full dex and not the region dex because the full dex will fill faster and I use the full dex because the full dex is the one that really counts. It is all good. Thanks anyway man.:)

@xxashxx: Seriously, no offense but, you're in this forum for years, it seems you've been playing pokémon for a lot of time too... So why do you sound like a total noob whenever you post something? The National vs Regional dex distinction is like, basic, common knowledge among pokémon players (at least, experienced ones)... You should probably read some Bulbapedia articles, I'm serious...

What it seemed to me is that you were confusing the National Dex with the Kanto Reg. Dex, which probably comes from the fact that the Kanto Dex is the first 151 entries of the National dex...

No the National dex is the smallest dex in each game. Then I realized after a few posters that Regigigas has not been in the National dex. Took awhile to sink in. I never go by the National dex. Only the full dex XD. That was all I was saying XD.:) I go by the national dex because the regional dex messes me over every time. I tried with the regional dex in FR/LG and it did not make sense so I only use the National dex and I go by that in every new game I get.:) The regional dex is very confusing.:)

xxashxx said:
No the National dex is the smallest dex in each game. Then I realized after a few posters that Regigigas has not been in the National dex. Took awhile to sink in. I never go by the National dex. Only the full dex XD. That was all I was saying XD.:) I go by the national dex because the regional dex messes me over every time. I tried with the regional dex in FR/LG and it did not make sense so I only use the National dex and I go by that in every new game I get.:) The regional dex is very confusing.:)

You're really getting confused by this.

National Dex - all Pokemon in existence. Starts with Bulbasaur, ends with Diancie. Its the one that you're referring to as the full dex.

Regional Dex - each region has one, only containing the Pokemon found in that region. (including old Pokemon that are in the dex) (before postgame)

So whilst the National Dex and Kanto's regional Dex both start with Bulbasaur, the Kanto regional dex finishes with Mew.
Then the Johto regional dex starts with Chikorita, and ends with Celebi (whilst incorporating Kanto's Pokemon into it, thanks Mitja) etc.

Folks, our explaining isn't helping, they got the dexes wrong now.

His Goominess said:
Then the Johto regional dex starts with Chikorita, and ends with Celebi etc.

With all of gen 1 mixed in along the way (before anyone thinks Johtodex is just the 100 gen2 pokes :p).

-Regional dexes include old pokemon that appear in the region, not just the "new ones".

xxashxx said:

wt...? You just contradicted yourself. First, you say you never go by the National Dex, only the "full dex" (which, in case you still didn't notice, IS the National Dex). But then, you say you go by the National Dex because the Regional Dex is confusing...
You either typed wrong what you meant to say or you're not getting any of this...

Back