ORAS Changes to the Hoenn Pokédex?

Mitja said:
Kangaflora said:
^In that case, then, whom on this forum has the guts to give us a full PREDICTION of what All New Hoenn Dex will look like in terms of Pokémon? I know I don't have the guts to make that prediction!

Those are post-game encounters through a new method.

We already know the Hoenndex is identical, +7 evolutions (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Roserade, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Froslass) and +2 babies (Budew, Chingling), nothing else.

They might surprise us. The fact that Blaziken can learn Ice punch and that was not in the demo data makes me wonder how much can we be so sure that this is all we get.

scattered mind said:
Mitja said:
Those are post-game encounters through a new method.

We already know the Hoenndex is identical, +7 evolutions (Gallade, Probopass, Magnezone, Roserade, Dusknoir, Rhyperior, Froslass) and +2 babies (Budew, Chingling), nothing else.

They might surprise us. The fact that Blaziken can learn Ice punch and that was not in the demo data makes me wonder how much can we be so sure that this is all we get.

That would be a valid point if we had gotten confirmation of the Hoenndex from the demo (data which was not supposed to be seen). However we know the order of the Hoenndex from official screenshots (for example one with Salamence and it's dex number), and those aren't going to change.

So there's been some murmurings about getting the National Dex around the 2nd gym (one reviewer revealed this but it seems to have been edited out due to an embargo on discussing post game content) and that Victory Road trainers use National Dex Pokemon. GamesTM, however, complains about the lack of Pokemon available in the main game. What exactly is going on here? Is it like HGSS where random NPCs use National Dex Pokemon (I hope not)? Are those ??? Pokemon really catchable in the main game and GamesTM just didn't find them? Will the gym leaders and Elite 4 get roster changes too? This is making less and less sense.

EDIT: Turns out the Victory Road rosters are in the demo code. There's only a few of them listed, but here's the ones we know:

Cool Trainer Albert: Manectric Lv. 43, Muk Lv. 43
Cool Trainer Hope: Roselia Lv. 44
Cool Trainer Edgar: Cacturne Lv. 44
Cool Trainer Vito: Swellow Lv. 42, Kadabra Lv. 42, Manectric Lv. 42, Shiftry Lv. 42

Ace Trainer Albert: Sigilyph Lv. 45, Rhyperior Lv. 45
Ace Trainer Hope: Froslass Lv. 47
Ace Trainer Edgar: Mawile Lv. 47
Ace Trainer Vito: Electrode Lv. 44, Swalot Lv. 44, Darmanitan Lv. 44

There also seems to be a lot of unnamed Ace Trainers with Lv. 5 Zigzagoon, which is obviously a placeholder.

What are the chances Hawlucha is available in this region now? I was originally repulsed by it, but it has become my second favourite for about a trillion reasons.
What are the chances Smeargle is available in this region now?

fleshrum said:
What are the chances Hawlucha is available in this region now? I was originally repulsed by it, but it has become my second favourite for about a trillion reasons.
What are the chances Smeargle is available in this region now?

We don't know if there's any other Pokemon in the game. There certainly aren't any more in the demo code. But assuming there is (and I'm inclined to think so, because there's only 400ish and that's pretty low for a Pokemon game), it's difficult to predict specific Pokemon.

This is new..

If you go into your pokedex and view a pokemon, go to appearence/cry, you can view all the pokemon's animations by pressing X!

Back