Cards that have been.... DESTROYED!

Status
Not open for further replies.

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
My friend's Charizard got cut up into seven pieces by a little girl, haha. Also, my mum threw out one of my brother's entire decks... however we managed to get most of the important ones back...

Just wondering if anyone else has had relatively good cards destroyed... ?

Mjadex123

My brother almost ripped a Beedill during a fight during a vacation in Melbourn in 2000 but you still get the very same beedrill but a small rip at the very bottom in the middle.

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Woohoo! That's fine, condition isn't a big deal to me. Though I wouldn't like my cards cut into pieces, lol.

Mjadex123

Also nearly all of the holos have various amount of scratches (I was 13 back then)

About three cards have the bottom corner peeled out a little bit (Base Magneton is one of them)

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
All of my pre-UFO foils are bent. Badly. Damn Aussie weather. >_<

Aside from that... a TRR Kingdra and HL Exploud are peeling badly on all sides. That was before I started using sleves. >_< I was... 13, I think. A year ago.

^13 a'int that young, yanno.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I destroyed my Reverse Holo TV Reporter. :(

http://www.pokebeach.com/stuff/poortvreporter.jpg

Secretsmeargle

Aspiring Trainer
WPM.... you put your REV HOLO TV REPORTER in the Microwave and Freezer?? =S

Anyways, My 3 DX Jirachi and 4 Dark Slowkings started peeling at the top when I left my deck on my brothers bed, and he left his electric blanket on. =( Oh well, It's not like I'll trade my precious Dark Slowkings or Jirachi away anyway.

As for destroying cards, I cut up one of my NeoDiscovery Metapods, and stood on a HiddelLegends Whismur multiple times. I actually bent the whismur slightly so it could stand vertically, then stood on it. ah.. 5 minutes of humour, and 10 minutes of my brother goin OMGosh OMGosh OMGosh, until he realized it was just a whismur. XD

And Bass_forte, NZ has the same problem with bending holos/rev holos... it's soooo annoying.

~Secretsmeargle

arctic_frost

Doctor Dewgong
The most damage I ever saw of a card was @ the FRLG pre-release in London, when one of the guys was illustrating like, a guy in a tantrum, and grabbed a whole pile of nidorans and krabbys and stuff, and then just ripped them all up.

Also; not damage, but rarity, I got a FRLG pack from the NY Pokemon Center when I was there last year, and, lo behold, inside was a Marowak with the left side peeling. There was just NO glue on the whole left side.

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
I've had a Japanese SI Togepi creased within the picture, but that's about as bad as I've ever accidently damaged a card.

But intentionally, there's always POP1 Plusles...

masterryanx

N
Well, I've accidently damaged a card too bad. But like 6 years ago my brother jumped into a pool with his entire deck in his pocket, half the deck was holo. I remembered seeing base hitmonchan and Holo promo Eevee float to the top of the pool. :rolleyes:

astral_boy

Crusty Old PokeBeacher
Oh yeah... My Ninetails is peeling at the top. If i'm using it in a deck and shuffle my cards the other cards get wedged inside of it. :( So many victories with that card (when I used to use it..) :/

And Jade, I don't really mind about the condition but thatnks for telling me. :) It's pretty hard to keep cards in good condition if you're using them so much, I find.

Mjadex123

masterryanx said:
Well, I've accidently damaged a card too bad. But like 6 years ago my brother jumped into a pool with his entire deck in his pocket, half the deck was holo. I remembered seeing base hitmonchan and Holo promo Eevee float to the top of the pool. :rolleyes:
you reminded me - its the same thing happened to my bro with my two common cards - a Base set pikachu and a Base set Drowzee... ha ha ha

Tyranitar92

TyraniPOW!
hello I'm a new member and I'm from Malta a very small island in the mediterranean sea . My cousin ones burned a rare relicanth with a lighter !

dvd killer

Aspiring Trainer
i got board one day i turned on the shredder and started to to shred some several promo eevee because of boardom

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
well... my Charizard (base set) washed in washing machine because I forgot to take it from my shirt pocket.... XD
luckily I've put it in a card protector so it's not really destroyed (only the backside is screwed) the front one 'only' got some scratches.... T,T

Abhorsen

Offically retired
RE:  Cards that have been.... DESTROYED!

Water Pokémon Master said:
I destroyed my Reverse Holo TV Reporter. :(

http://www.pokebeach.com/stuff/poortvreporter.jpg
:O

WPM, you do know how much a Reverse Holo TV Reporter is worth dont you? They are Uber rare and worth hundreds of dollars!

All my old holos from Gold/Silver backwards are in pretty bad shape, scratches and all. I didnt start caring for them until from about Neo Destiny onwards.

MysteryE

Character Illustrator
Oh I remember something...
this happen to my friend, not me...
When he bought Japanese Booster (Gym Heroes or whatever in japan set), he got 2 rare holos cards (Erika's Dragonair & Erika's Venusaur)..
BUT...those cards can't separated... Dragonair at the front while the Venusaur's lower part attached at backside of Dragonair...
so...my friend had no choice but to separate it with force...
You can imagine the result...

Holy Star

Pokémon TCG player and card faker
RE:  Cards that have been.... DESTROYED!

Tyranitar92 said:
hello I'm a new member and I'm from Malta a very small island in the mediterranean sea . My cousin ones burned a rare relicanth with a lighter !  
Are you sure? I've heard that it's nigh impossible to burn cards, even when spraying something like windex on! It only gets wet, and that's from the windex!

Abhorsen said:
:O

WPM, you do know how much a Reverse Holo TV Reporter is worth dont you? They are Uber rare and worth hundreds of dollars!
Yeah...why did you destroy that pretty card, WPM? I've known of that picture for a while now, but I never did understand why.

Now that I remember, there was the time that I accidently bent a Rev-holo UF Houndour, when I tried to shove it into its sleeve. Then again, that was accidental. I guess I've been real nice to my cards...

-Holy Star

Status
Not open for further replies.