Writing Captivity: The Lost Journals of Kanto & Johto (preface/intro posted)

SinnohTrainer17

ravioli ravioli give me the formuoli
ST17 WRITES? O GOD WHAT IS THIS I DONT EVEN-
HAHA- ANYHOO. Hey everybody, I'm glad to finally be debuting myself as a writer in the Writer's Corner! This is one of my older fan-fics that I picked up once and eventually was shelved to only collect dust for about two years. However, I found this concept pretty interesting and I thought I would proofread/edit what I had and with that, I'd like to present to you my first PokeBeach official story! It is now an experimental project that I would like to call my "prototype". It's a test drive, in some ways, in the Writer's Corner. Also, this isn't the only story I have planned to post up here- there are a couple that I have looked into editing and proofreading in the future. However, I'd rather focus on bettering this sole project. It focuses on the darker side of the Pokemon World with many unexpected surprised throughout. I will say, without spoiling anything, that it does tie in the the games/anime. Enjoy, and feel free to comment/critique. Constructive positive and negative criticism is always welcome. Before I go, I must mention that this is quite short due to the fact that the introduction is merely a letter. FUFUFU DEAL WITH IT FOR NOW.

Just wait around winter break- I may have a little one-shot brewin' for you guys on top of this project. It's already about half-way done, and hopefully it'll be superior to this first entry. Things will pick up quickly as I add more installments.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Table of Contents
Part the First
  1. Preface (scroll down)
  2. Introduction (scroll down)
  3. Chapter I (coming soon)

Book I: Anatomy
Part the First: Preface

You'll be happy to discover that I'm not here to waste a good fifteen minutes of your valuable life by pouring my very heart and soul of the trivial details about myself. This is no autobiography, let me tell you. I am here to inform you of the past mishaps involving a boy and an unfortunate hereditary incident that got one man to the position he must retain to this day. I should have you know that these stories are recollected from their once private journals, and that false character names and locations will be provided to protect the innocent. It is but my job to inform you best and most accurately as I may. I am no protagonist- I am but a witness of these tragic events. This is not my written word. These are the sacred diaries and once missing journals of a father and his son.

Throughout these entries you will learn of two once young and happy men set foot into a whole new, deranged world that they were ashamed to call their own. What you are about to read is very depressing and I discourage the emotionally fragile to stop reading at this point. However, despite being a tragic and unfortunate chain of events, it is an exciting and informitive read that will change your view of both the Kanto and Johto regions for the rest of your life. This, right here, is the story of a heroic and determined father and son, and I would like to present them to you.

Book I: Anatomy
Part the First: An Introduction of Sorts

Hello, my dear son. I'm deeply sorry that it is through this manner that we have met for the final time. However, I caution you that what follows is what could very well keep you from grave danger, so it is quite important that you do pay attention.

By this point, I'm assuming that an incredibly perplexed look has already been cast upon your face. I understand your deep hatred for me at this time as we haven't spoken for a good few months. However, I promise that my reasoning for my sudden departure and lack of contact was all in good reason. If I recall correctly, you have recently woken up from a good ten hours of a sound, drugged sleep in this baron, empty shelter that you are now entitled to call yours.

The events and stories that follow were not intended to be disclosed with anyone outside of the true witnisses, however being a good ten years following what has happened, I felt that now would be a time most appropriate to share my true thoughts and feelings to you, my son. Unbottling my feelings regarding the instances is the best thing I could do for myself and your well-being at this very moment.

The contents of this journal are of extreme value to your health and safety. You will find in this small house I have supplied you with enough food, clothing, materials, and warmth for your survival for the next six months. Do not leave until you are far certain that life beyond this shelter is safe enough for you. This will be determined as you read on in this journal. The reason I'm having you camp out alone in this quiet house far away from any form of civilian life is solely for your protection. The "protection" and "safety" that I continually point out to you will be further explained as you read.

Another point I would like to make to you is that yes, your mother and sister are safe as well. I have put them far out of harms way, and they are in very good hands. It is you that I am much more concerned about. Within this house there is a large packet of parchment paper in a small cupboard next to the desk in the study. On top of the parchment you will find your means of communication with your family. Don't worry though, you'll be seeing them again. I can promise you that. It's all part of the plan. My plan.

As I bring this entry to a close I would like to deeply apologize for puting this ever-so-large weight of stress upon your shoulders, as I'm well aware that this may be far too much for a seventeen year old boy like you to handle. You will be away from your hometown, your friends, your family, and your school for quite a few months. Despite all this, I must say that this is for the best, and have I done nothing about this matter, you and your family would be directly in the epitome of harm's way. However, I've taken it upon myself to gather a few of your more "personal" possessions and placed them in your new bedroom upstairs.

Lastly, I say this with a very heavy heart when I inform you that by the time you have picked up this journal, you will already know that I am dead. I am as good as dead, and I was far too weak to continue on with my depressing and stressful life. That's not going to change. The best thing that you can do for yourself at these dark times is read this journal cover to cover, and wait for further instructions regarding my last request. Attached to the contents of this journal is a manilla envelope that I beg of you not to open until 12:00AM, July 13th, 2032. I wish you best of luck. Do carry on and continue reading- as time is quickly running out. Keep this journal. Don't worry about your future, as I have plans in store for you. Your next step has been carefully planned out, and you shall know exactly what to do at that point. I can't stress that enough. I love you, son.

Most Sincerely,
Your Father
Devon Ledsker​

Thank you for honoring this last request.​

Great job, Sinnoh! This is a lighten up after the few fan-fics that have gone through here.
Keep it up!

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback. I noticed that the Writer's Corner was sort of DEAD so I decided to post this early. It's not much, as this letter probably leaves you quite confused, but for now...that's the idea ;D

Thanks again for reading!

Mysterious and interesting. You have made an intro that has me wanting more. Kudos. It's strange to see a date in the world of Pokemon.

Thanks, Shadow Arceus! I appreciate the comment. Thank you for reading!
A quick update- Chapter I is still a work in progress, and it'll be up some time during winter break, however I'm trying to finish up a final framework of the fan-fic. It's a crazy plot, but it's significantly easier to understand when not written in the form of an outline, obviously.

Thank you for reading & commenting! Like always, I appreciate the feedback.
Another update- as I progress through the first chapter of Part the First, I came to the decision that for Book I we are going to learn quite a bit of this mysterious man that, as we can tell from the introduction, has kidnapped his son, brought him out to a small, isolated home, and seemingly died after. The letters will return- I can promise you that. I'm not going to reveal exactly when yet, but they will.

Please be patient- studying for finals and getting through this and another piece simultaneously is NAWT. FUN. I appreciate everyone's interest in the fan-fic. Can't wait to post the next installment!

Back