BW Threat List

With Protect you gain the 1/8th from the previous turn and 1/8th from the turn you used Protect on.

Oh, my mistake; didn't see that. Carry on.

All reservations granted (I'm not going to keep updating the OP with who has what, as it takes 2 seconds to browse through the thread). Porygon2 and Snorlax are very borderline cases but as they are sometimes seen in OU and are unique walls in their own right I think they should go in.

bacon-boy said:
All reservations granted (I'm not going to keep updating the OP with who has what, as it takes 2 seconds to browse through the thread). Porygon2 and Snorlax are very borderline cases but as they are sometimes seen in OU and are unique walls in their own right I think they should go in.
You know me well enough to expect that I would pick the pokemon that are hindered enough to be anything but OU, yet good enough to play as well as your mid-range OU, for example, Tentacruel.

Gastrodon
Type: Water/Ground
Stats: 111/83/68/92/82/39

Gastrodon walks into B/W OU with a bit of a swagger, with some new toys that make him all the more threatening. Storm Drain now provides Gastrodon with not only a Water immunity, but a means of boosting its special attack. The slug's special attack is at a respectable base 92, and it really compliments his good coverage, with Ice Beam, Scald, and Earth Power up his sleeve. However, most people choose Gastrodon due to its ability to tank hits and wall many common pokemon in OU, such as Heatran, Politoed, Rotom-W, and Offensive Gliscor, and entire Rain Teams will have problems with him. Because of this, Gastrodon often plays a defensive role, reliably spreading Toxic, increasing its longevity with recover, and perhaps even boosting its defences with Recover. Overall, Gastrodon is a solid team player, and really should be considered if you have problems with Rain.

Fixed it up a bit. I'm not sure I can shorten it any more :/

I've cut down a couple of sentences and phrases, but on the whole good stuff. Remember to keep your "it"s and "him"s consistent. As this is a very short summary, we don't need to make concluding remarks such as your last sentence because it's short enough so that the reader doesn't need a reminder of what he's just read. Here's my fix, but feel free to comment if you think there are elements I should have left be. Also I may change "walks" into something else as Gastrodon doesn't have any legs, but maybe I'm being picky!

Good job, thanks for your contribution!

Gastrodon walks into B/W OU with a bit of a swagger, with some new toys that make it all the more threatening. Storm Drain now provides Gastrodon with both a Water immunity and a means of boosting its mediocre Special Attack, which is complemented by impressive coverage in the way of Ice Beam, Scald, and Earth Power. Most people choose Gastrodon due to its ability to tank hits and wall many common pokemon in OU, such as Heatran, Politoed, Rotom-W, and Offensive Gliscor, and entire Rain Teams will have problems with it. Gastrodon often plays a defensive role, reliably spreading Toxic, increasing its longevity with Recover, and perhaps even boosting its defences with Stockpile.

I forgot to tell you, bacon, but I'm going to nail all my reservations on the holiday season. :]

Sorry it's taken me so long to get my last ones done, but school has been killer. I'll get 'em up during the weekend.

Oh I'm sorry, I seem to have missed your updates. Some feedback:

Gengar looks good, but be sure to keep it formal though. I know that injecting humour into articles can make them a more interesting read, but due to the volume of submissions here we need to keep things as concise and informative as possible (I'm mainly refering to the "moer like Focus Miss, amright?" quip).

Skarmory is OK, I think there are a couple of wording issues that can be fixed just to make it flow better. Don't forget Taunt either. : )

TM12 Taunt
For 3 turns, the target affected by this move can only use offensive (i.e. damage-dealing) attacks. Can even bypass Substitute.

Basically it locks Pokemon out of moves used to set up, like Dragon Dance, Stealth Rock, Substitute, or even Taunt itself, since those are not offensive attacks. Very common on Whimsicott and Thundurus due to the Prankster ability (which gives it priority).

I'll reserve Magnezone and Hitmontop (if he's acceptable. I'd think he is due to his reliable spinning and Rock/Dark resists)

Oooooooooook, here's the next batch of critiques. Chillarmy, you're good to go with both of those, looking forward to reading them : )

NinjaSamurai said:
Okay, so here's Hydreigon:
635.gif

Hydreigon
Type: Dark/Dragon
Stats: 92/105/90/125/90/98
This monster has a nice Atk stat and an even better SpA stat. It has decent bulk, a great movepool, decent speed, and is immune to two types thanks to its ability Levitate. Hydreigon can utilize a Life Orb, which makes it a formidable Special Attacker and has access to Taunt, which would totally prevent Blissey from walling. Also, Hydreigon can be seen as a revenge killer by making use of a Choice Scarf and sometimes Choice Specs. Hydreigon can run U-Turn which really sets it aside from other choiced dragons like Latios/Latias, along with having access to Focus Blast and Fire Blast/Flamethrower. Furthermore, Hydreigon isn't weak to Pursuit and is bulkier. Typical movesets may include moves such as Dark Pulse, Draco Meteor/Dragon Pulse, U-Turn, Focus Blast, Fire Blast/Flamethrower, Surf, Taunt, or Earth Power.

The first two sentences are more or less redundant on their own because the information on stats and typing has already been presented to the reader. Blissey isn't really prevented from walling, she will still beat Hydreigon with Seismic Toss, so be careful with your wording. Revenge killers don't run Choice Specs, so be careful about your sentence subject there too (I know it's not what you mean, but that's how it reads). You have all the key information here which is nice, but think a bit carefully about how you want to word things so they just flow and read better.
Edited

47bennyg said:
Tyranitar
Type: Rock/Dark
100/134/110/95/100/61

Tyranitar is an all-around great Pokemon for the OU metagame because of not only its brute strength, but its abilities that it brings to the table. Weather is very important to most teams, and Tyranitar automatically sets up a sandstorm to abuse. With that sandstorm comes a 50% boost to Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokemon, including Tyranitar. With this, Tyranitar can easily absorb Special Attacks (barring Fighting-type ones) and has a deep enough movepool and high enough offensive stats to hit hard back with moves such as Crunch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Pursuit. Most commonly, Tyranitar carries Leftovers, but in order to gain an advantage in either speed or power, Tyranitar is also often seen carrying either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band. Overall, Tyranitar's high stats across the board (except speed), varying movesets, and large movepool, make it a large threat in the BW OU Metagame.

Looking good, the only thing that really stands out to me is how you can greatly shorten some areas by merging sentences together. Your first two sentences could be arranged into the following for example and still contain all previous information:

"Tyranitar is great Pokemon due to its fantastic stat distribution and Sandstream ability."

See if you can shorten things a bit more, and then I'll perform the final checks and get it up on the list. : )

Tyrant Tyranitar said:
Skarmory's article edited:

Skarmory
Type: Steel/Flying
Stats: 65/80/140/40/70/70

Skarmory has survived the passages of time, and for good reason: its typing and resists. Being able to easily resist 11 of the elemental types and having a base defense of 140 gives it a major advantage. Skarmory is also know for his move set, Whirlwind, Roost, Brave Bird/Taunt, and Spikes/Stealth Rock. This combination of moves is possibly Skarmory's most infamous set, easily taking any physical attack and having the power to whirlwind them away, set up entry hazards, or easily recover health. Taunt is a fun option that can stop other Skarmory, or even stop an opponent from attempting to setup on sweeping, although the only downfall is Skarmory itself is Taunt bait should the opponent have a faster taunter. Skarmory is an amazing wall and should be considered on any team.

Be careful of redundant words. You don't really need "elemental" here for example. Double check your words ("know" should be "known"). If you state beforehand that x/x/x/x is his most common move set, then the following "This combination of moves is possibly Skarmory's most infamous set" comment is not needed. The section on Taunt just feels very long for what it says (You stop things from setting up on you, that's it), so try and shorten that. Remove the last sentence, we don't need concluding remarks because the analysis is very short and the reader doesn't need to be reminded of anything.

Gengar's article:
Gengar
Type: Ghost/Poison
Stats: 60/65/60/130/75/110

Part of the original 151, Gengar survives to this day with a new (technically old) toy that has gotten a major boost in Gen V: Disable. With Disable's new accuracy boost, Gengar runs what is now probably his most popular/greatest set ever, consisting of Substitute, Shadow Ball, Focus Blast, and Disable. Behind a substitute, Gengar isn't afraid of anything, being able to disable predicted threats from the likes of Choice item users. And, thanks to Gengar's Focus Blast and Shadow Ball combination, Gengar can play on any team totally unresisted to any one Pokemon in today's metagame.

You could probably state somewhere in the sentence containing the move set that Gengar has flawless coverage, letting you completely remove the last sentence (which is a lot longer than it needs to be). Don't forget that Gengar is also a decent user of Choice items, and can also be seen using Pain Split and Hidden Power Fire to roast Scizor.

Celebi coming later.

Fixed, although I removed Deoxys-S since it's considered Uber now. Also finished Volc and Jelly, and added em to the OP. Lemme know if you see any flaws. Reserving Salamence as well.

Back