BW Threat List

Daft Punk said:
Fixed, although I removed Deoxys-S since it's considered Uber now. Also finished Volc and Jelly, and added em to the OP. Lemme know if you see any flaws. Reserving Salamence as well.

sweet thanks man, and no. i did not steal your joker gif. my name is bravo, i like the joker, and he's applauding. nuff said.

The fact that I used it, then TDL used it, then you're using it is just a bit off-putting. :p ~ SL

Daft Punk said:
Fixed, although I removed Deoxys-S since it's considered Uber now. Also finished Volc and Jelly, and added em to the OP. Lemme know if you see any flaws. Reserving Salamence as well.

Thanks man, these look good. Maybe a bit fluffy in some areas but I'm not going to edit stuff out because it reads well as is. My one and only edit was to cut out the last sentence in Jellicent's summary, concluding remarks like that aren't useful for small overviews like this. A conclusion is only needed for large chunks of information (such as an essay).

Awesome, thanks for the help. Also mods, when someone makes a reservation or completes an analysis, make sure to update the OP by removing them from the reservation list and adding them to the contributor list, if they aren't already. I did a mini-update, but I might have missed some stuff.

Tyranitar is an all-around great Pokemon for the OU metagame because of not only his well rounded stats, but also because of the automatic sandstorm it brings. With that sandstorm comes a 50% boost to Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokemon, including Tyranitar. With this, Tyranitar can easily absorb Special Attacks (barring Fighting-type ones) and has a deep enough movepool and high enough offensive stats to hit hard back with moves such as Crunch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Pursuit. Most commonly, Tyranitar carries Leftovers, but in order to gain an advantage in either speed or power, Tyranitar is also often seen carrying either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band. Overall, Tyranitar's high stats across the board (except speed), varying movesets, and large movepool, make it a large threat in the BW OU Metagame.

Most of the Pokemon you took Hyper people are doing, or have done. Oh, and DNA, I know what Taunt does, I was just wondering what Bacon was talking about.

Wow, someone's eager to help! Great stuff. Here is the next batch of critiques.

Hot N said:
Taking Celebi, Latias, Gyarados, Breloom, Scrafty, Virizion for now.

Celebi
Type: Grass/Psychic
100/100/100/100/100/100

Celebi is a unique bulky offense asset as it can easily take numerous hits and Recover the damage while setting up with Nasty Plot, Calm Mind, or Swords Dance. It can Baton Pass boosts while setting up on common Pokemon such as Rotom-W or use moves such as Giga Drain, Earth Power, Psychic, and Leaf Storm to dish out pain. Celebi's balanced stat spread makes it extremely versatile however Pokemon like Chansey and many Dragon-type Pokemon easily counter it. Natural Cure removes Celebi's fear of status which adds to its usefulness, though Toxic Spikes still cripple its effectiveness. Celebi is nearly always used with a Life Orb or Leftovers however the rare Choice Scarf/Specs set may be seen.

The most commonly seen offensive Celebi is Nasty Plot, so that should really be your main focus of the article (the way that Nasty Plot, Calm Mind and Swords Dance are grouped together makes them all seem equally viable). Baton Pass should be mentioned after the offensive moves for the same reason. Don't worry about listing counters, it makes these submissions longer than they need to be as all we are doing is demonstrating what the Pokemon is capable of for now. Although this is offensive, I would mention Thunder Wave as it's commonly seen with aggressive Leaf Storm variants.

Latias
Type: Dragon/Psychic
80/80/90/110/130/110

Latias plays a niche part as she is outclassed by her male counterpart from a purely offensive perspective. The ability to sponge common Water, Fire, Grass, and Electric-type attacks from her base 130 Special Defense allow Latias to easily set up Calm Minds. Generally one coverage move is used alongside Dragon Pulse such as Hidden Power Fire or Surf, while Recover is ever-present. Options such as Refresh, Roar, Reflect Type, and Substitute let Latias overcome many of her common checks and easily check opposing Calm Mind sweepers. Choice Specs sets are generally outclassed, however Latias can easily come in on a plethora of Pokemon and soften up the opposing team.

Good content, just a couple of minor wording issues. You can replace "her male counterpart" with just Latios, it shortens the sentence and makes it easier to read. Roar is the only move that can allow Latias to beat opposing Calm Mind users, so that sentence needs to be rearranged to make that clear. I think I would prefer the last sentence removed as it is already implied in the first sentence and nobody really uses Specs Latias anyway.

47bennyg said:
Tyranitar is an all-around great Pokemon for the OU metagame because of not only his well rounded stats, but also because of the automatic sandstorm it brings. With that sandstorm comes a 50% boost to Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokemon, including Tyranitar. With this, Tyranitar can easily absorb Special Attacks (barring Fighting-type ones) and has a deep enough movepool and high enough offensive stats to hit hard back with moves such as Crunch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Pursuit. Most commonly, Tyranitar carries Leftovers, but in order to gain an advantage in either speed or power, Tyranitar is also often seen carrying either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band. Overall, Tyranitar's high stats across the board (except speed), varying movesets, and large movepool, make it a large threat in the BW OU Metagame.

I would remove the last sentence, it's nothing that hasn't been mentioned already. There are a few ways you can shorten sentences still, but overall this is good stuff. Do one extra check and see if you can shorten things, and also include its ability to use Stealth Rock.

Hot N said:
Gyarados
Type: Water/Flying
95/125/79/60/100/81

Though the Dragon Dance set from the last generation is still a prominent threat to be wary of, an unconventional set involving the ability Moxie and a Choice Scarf lets Gyarados easily sweep teams after a revenge kill. Common moves seen on Gyarados include Waterfall, Stone Edge, Bounce, and Ice Fang. The main thing that sets it apart from other physical sweepers is its ability to easily defeat Gliscor and other traditional walls. Electric-type attacks, Stealth Rock, and Rotom-W all limit Gyarados's prowess however it's ability to switch in and set up on Scizor and the common Fighting-type moves easily through Intimidate and its typing make Gyarados a potent threat.

Be a bit careful with how you word things. Gyarados doesn't beat traditional walls any more than the next Pokemon. All information on the most popular set, Dragon Dance, should be presented on its own, and only then should you follow up with Choice Scarf (otherwise it lacks structure and looks pretty jumbled). Earthquake and Taunt deserve mentions too.

Breloom
Type: Grass/Fighting
60/130/80/60/60/70

Breloom returns as one of the deadliest sleep-inducers of the 5th generation with its arsenal of Spore, Focus Punch, and Seed Bomb. Sets usually involve Breloom using Substitute to allow Focus Punch to repeatedly pummel the foe while Toxic Orb and Poison Heal replenish its health rapidly. Gliscor is the primary counter to this set, however Celebi can function well against Breloom if Sleep Clause has been activated already. The new sleep mechanics combined with coverage moves like Stone Edge, Mach Punch, and Facade give Breloom plenty to work with. Leech Seed gives Breloom even more momentum-shifting ability and even allow Breloom to tank some enemies while using its massive Attack to clean up the opposing team.

Looks good, like I mentioned before don't worry about mentioning counters. Make sure to add Swords Dance as an option too.

Scrafty
Type: Dark/Fighting
65/90/115/45/115/58

Scrafty is that Pokemon you don't want to run into in a dark alley, with exceptional defenses Scrafty can easily get multiple Dragon Dance or Bulk Up boosts and sweep a team with great STABs, Crunch and Drain Punch. Two amazing abilities, Moxie and Shed Skin, let Scrafty easily break through common walls and prevent potential crippling, while it has Ice Punch to deal with Gliscor. Drain Punch on Scrafty is just as great as on Conkeldurr because Scrafty's poor HP lets it regain a lot of health. Incredibly bulky Pokemon such as Skarmory can deal with Scrafty, but even they cannot withstand multiple boosted High Jump Kicks.

Shed Skin is the only thing that prevents crippling status (add status there, "crippling" on its own doesn't look right), so perhaps a rewording there to make that clear. Don't worry about the Skarm mention. Dragon Tail deserves a mention I suppose, as does Rest.

Hot N said:
Reserving Darmanitan, Lucario, and Mamoswine additionally :)

Virizion
Type: Grass/Fighting
91/90/72/90/129/108

Virizion can be a useful physical sweeper or powerful Calm Mind sweeper with moves like Close Combat, Leaf Blade, Stone Edge, Focus Blast, and Giga Drain to back either choice. A physical version can destroy Quagsire and Gliscor to open up other sweeps while the special counterpart can set up on Rotom-W and even eliminate Blissey with sheer power. Lati@s and Reuniclus stop either set, and Scizor is an excellent check, however with the right team support Virizion is a superb asset. Verizion is very versatile in that it can use physical and special moves interchangeably with Calm Mind and Swords Dance to eliminate potential counters to the set.

This was reserved by Hatman, but I don't really mind too much as he's had the reservation for a while now. Your first two sentences are very jumbled together, mention Swords Dance and Calm Mind (and their respective benefits) separately. As always, don't worry about listing counters. Remove the last sentence, we don't need summary statements. I know I know, it'll look short like that, but being concise is infinitely better than padding out a submission with waffle.

Darmanitan
Type: Fire
105/140/55/30/55/95

Darmanitan can be compared to a nuclear bomb on steroids when sun is on the field, as every OU Pokemon not immune to Fire-type attacks is 2HKOd by Flare Blitz due to its monstrous 140 Attack. U-Turn, Superpower, and Earthquake provide momentum and coverage to hit numerous threats while keeping Ninetales on the field. Darmanitan is almost required to be on a sun team as in sand it takes additional residual damage and rain greatly weakens it. Life Orb and Sheer Force give Darmanitan godly power, however a Choice Scarf turns gives it the speed to revenge kill almost any offensive Pokemon. Darmanitan also has the useful ability to OHKO any Tyranitar, always useful for a sun sweeper.
The first sentence is kind of long due to the nuclear bomb thing, I'd remove that and keep it short and to the point. "While keeping Ninetales on the field" sounds strange because it looks like you are keeping Ninetales as the active Pokemon, which doesn't make sense. A couple of funny words here and there so be sure to prune those, but otherwise this looks good.

Hot N said:
Lucario
Type: Fighting/Steel
70/110/70/115/70/90

Lucario is blessed with exceptional attacking stats and an amazing movepool, however its lackluster speed hold it back to some extent. Swords Dance and Nasty Plot allow for hammering on both ends of the spectrum with moves like Close Combat, Extremespeed, Crunch, Ice Punch, Aura Sphere, Dark Pulse, and Vacuum Wave to sweep foes. A lot of team support is necessary for Lucario to sweep, as numerous Pokemon like Jellicent, Gliscor, and Gyarados stop various sets. In addition, Pokemon like Conkeldurr, Gengar, and many others can check Lucario and prevent a potential sweep. Lucario is best used as a late game sweeper after a clean sweep is availabe.

Like before, it's better to mention common sets in separate sentences as opposed to being bundled in one sentence. Stuff I've mentioned before applies here too, no need to worry about counters, etc

Unreserving Mamoswine because it isn't a priority. Reserving Tentacruel and Cloyster.

Thanks for your submissions!

Mamoswine
Type: Ice/Ground
110/130/80/70/60/80

With the coming of generation 5, Mamoswine finally received some usable Ice-type STAB in the form of Icicle Crash (although Ice Shard is still an excellent choice for priority purposes). This and Earthquake provide solid offensive synergy, allowing Mamoswine to hit a plethora of Pokemon at least neutrally for big damage. Stone Edge hits things like Gyarados that take neutral damage from Ice and Ground. Mamoswine makes a fine user of Choice Band or Scarf, augmenting his already fearsome Attack and middling Speed. It can also take a lead role using Endeavor and Ice Shard to all but guarantee the removal of a Pokemon.

gotta go feel free to make changes

Tyranitar is an all-around great Pokemon for the OU metagame because of not only his well rounded stats, but also because of the automatic sandstorm it brings. With that sandstorm comes a 50% boost to Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokemon, including Tyranitar. With this, Tyranitar can easily absorb Special Attacks (barring Fighting-type ones) and has a deep enough movepool and high enough offensive stats to hit hard back with moves such as Crunch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Pursuit, and uses Stealth Rock to support its team. Most commonly, Tyranitar carries Leftovers, but in order to gain an advantage in either speed or power, Tyranitar is also often seen carrying either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band.

Magnezone
70/70/115/130/90/60

Magnezone's niche in OU is trapping and KOing Steel types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory with it's ability, Magnet Pull. backed up by solid defences, Magnezone is able to tank anything Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Empoleon, Forretress, and Scizor without Superpower can throw at it. The giant magnet and pull off 2 viable sets. A Charge Beam set can be used to reliably get to +4 special attack against standard Ferrothorn, usually scoring Magnezone at least another KO. A Scarf set is also viable. Not only will Magnezone trap and KO your standard steels (and OHKO Offesnive Scizor outside of Rain), but he can serve as a valuable revenge killer and late game sweeper. Magnezone also prospers with Rain support. While HP Fire is weakened, Magnezone can reliably use Thunder, which provide a noticeable boost in power and 30% paralysis rate. If Bulky Steels are a problem, consider Magnezone on your team.

It's a bit big, but I feel it kind of needs everything :/

Snorlax

Snorlax
Type: Normal
Stats: 160/110/65/65/110/30

For four generations, Snorlax was one of the four pokemon to have always been in the OU tier. Unfortunately Snorlax fell back into the realm of UU, but this doesn't mean Snorlax can't still be used effectively in OU. When you take a look at Snorlax's stats, they scream for a Curse set, a terrifying one might I add. A powerful Curse set isn't all that Snorlax can do though. Slap a Choice Band on the behemoth and you've got your opponent in a world of hurt if they happen to be lacking Steel-types or Ghost-types. Even then, Snorlax has access to moves such as Earthquake, Fire Punch, Crunch, and Pursuit which can very well handle some very top-tier OU's.

Abomasnow

Abomasnow
Type: Grass/Ice
Stats: 90/92/75/92/85/60

Why use Abomasnow? Snow Warning. Easily one of the greatest abilities to come out of Generation 4, Abomasnow is the only fully-evolved Auto-hailer in the entire game. In OU, Abomasnow can come in on the likes of Politoed, Hippowdon, and some Tyranitar and change the weather of the game in his or her favor. In OU, one of Abomasnow's arguably best sets the Choice Scarf set. Coming in on a Politoed's Scald or a Hippowdon's Earthquake is going to leave both pokemon running from either of Abomasnow's Stab 120 Base power moves, Wood Hammer and Blizzard respectively. Abomasnow also has the ability to run one of the most annoying set in existance, Sub-Seed. Throw in Toxic Spikes and Stall Abomasnow will very likely become a pokemon your opponent will look out for in the near future.
There's more to come in this post.

Weihnachtsmann said:
Tyranitar is an all-around great Pokemon for the OU metagame because of not only his well rounded stats, but also because of the automatic sandstorm it brings. With that sandstorm comes a 50% boost to Special Defense of all Rock-type Pokemon, including Tyranitar. With this, Tyranitar can easily absorb Special Attacks (barring Fighting-type ones) and has a deep enough movepool and high enough offensive stats to hit hard back with moves such as Crunch, Stone Edge, Flamethrower, Ice Beam, and Pursuit, and uses Stealth Rock to support its team. Most commonly, Tyranitar carries Leftovers, but in order to gain an advantage in either speed or power, Tyranitar is also often seen carrying either a Choice Scarf or a Choice Band.

Great! I'll change that first sentence to shorten things, but everything else looks good. Thanks man.

Chillarmy said:
Magnezone
70/70/115/130/90/60

Magnezone's niche in OU is trapping and KOing Steel types such as Ferrothorn and Skarmory with it's ability, Magnet Pull. backed up by solid defences, Magnezone is able to tank anything Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Empoleon, Forretress, and Scizor without Superpower can throw at it. The giant magnet and pull off 2 viable sets. A Charge Beam set can be used to reliably get to +4 special attack against standard Ferrothorn, usually scoring Magnezone at least another KO. A Scarf set is also viable. Not only will Magnezone trap and KO your standard steels (and OHKO Offesnive Scizor outside of Rain), but he can serve as a valuable revenge killer and late game sweeper. Magnezone also prospers with Rain support. While HP Fire is weakened, Magnezone can reliably use Thunder, which provide a noticeable boost in power and 30% paralysis rate. If Bulky Steels are a problem, consider Magnezone on your team.

A bit wordy in places. You can more or less replace the first two sentences with something like "Magnezone's Magnet Pull ability allows it to trap and eliminate most Steel types unable to hit it Super Effectively". Double check your submissions for spelling errors too, a quick run through in Microsoft Word or something similar is usually sufficient.

Bravo said:
Snorlax

Snorlax

For four generations, Snorlax was one of the four pokemon to have always been in the OU tier. Unfortunately Snorlax fell back into the realm of UU, but this doesn't mean Snorlax can't still be used effectively in OU. With a massive base 160 HP stat, above-average 110 Attack and Special Defense, Snorlax's stats scream a Curse set. A terrifying Curse set isn't all that Snorlax can do though. Slap a Choice Band on the behemoth and you've got your opponent in a world of hurt if they happen to be lacking Steel-types or Ghost-types. Even then, Snorlax has access to moves such as Earthquake, Fire Punch, Crunch, and Pursuit which can very well handle pokemon such as Ferrothorn, Starmie, Latios, Gengar, Scizor, Heatran, and many more. Snorlax may not leave the same dent that he used to in the past generations, but he still can definitely stir up the waters of a match.

I like your writing style. Don't worry about listing stats again as it's already given, just say that Snorlax has an excellent stat distribution for using a Curse set. There's not much of a need to list all of the Pokemon it can handle, having two lists in one sentence slows the read down. Your last sentence isn't really needed as the same thing is already implied in your first couple of sentences.

Abomasnow

Abomasnow

With stats comparable to the likes of Exploud, Abomasnow really doesn't come off as all too well of a pokemon. For a Grass-type, Abomasnow has only one status inflicting move, which is Grasswhistle, that you won't really be making any competitive use of. Why use Abomasnow? Snow Warning. Easily one of the greatest abilities to come out of Generation 4, Abomasnow is the only fully-evolved Auto-hailer in the entire game. In OU, Abomasnow can come in on the likes of Politoed, Hippowdon, and some Tyranitar and change the weather of the game in his or her favor. In OU, Abomasnow's best set is easily the Choice Scarf set. Coming in on a Politoed's Scald or a Hippowdon's Earthquake is going to leave both pokemon running from either of Abomasnow's Stab 120 Base power moves, Wood Hammer and Blizzard respectively. Abomasnow also has the ability to run one of the most annoying set in existance, Sub-Seed. Throw in Toxic Spikes and Stall Abomasnow will very likely become a pokemon your opponent will look out for in the near future.

The first two sentences aren't really needed, you can just skip to the fact that Abomasnow sets up Hail and is henceforth a threat. It's tricky to say that Choice Scarf is the "best" set and many players would disagree, so just mention that it's commonly seen (although I see SubSeed sets more often myself!).

Peachy said:
Just letting you know that I plan to post Vaporeon's analysis sometime this weekend, probably tomorrow.
Yeah, sorry about that.

Vaporeon
Type: Water
Base Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65
Boasting a high HP stat with access to Wish, Vaporeon makes for a fantastic Pokemon to support the team. With the new mechanics with Wish, Vaporeon gives a large boost of longevity to its teammates. Gaining Scald also allowed Vaporeon to stop opponents from preying on its low defense stats, and while it often finds itself lacking a moveslot for it, Vaporeon also learns Heal Bell to give more team support. Unlike Blissey, who boasts much larger defenses, Vaporeon is no offensive slouch with its acceptable Special Attack. While it normally lacks any recovery outside of Water Absorb, it can make use of Hydration and Rest when paired with Drizzle Politoed to stay alive for a long time.

Magnezone
70/70/115/130/90/60

Magnezone's Magnet Pull ability allows it to trap and eliminate most Steel types unable to hit it Super Effectively. The giant magnet can pull off 2 viable sets. A Charge Beam set can be used to reliably get to +4 special attack against standard Ferrothorn, usually scoring Magnezone at least another KO. A Scarf set is also viable. Not only will Magnezone trap and KO your standard Steel types (and OHKO Offensive Scizor outside of Rain), but he can serve as a valuable revenge killer and late game sweeper. Magnezone also prospers with Rain support. While HP Fire is weakened, Magnezone can reliably use Thunder, which provides a noticeable boost in power and 30% paralysis rate. If Bulky Steels are a problem, consider Magnezone on your team.

Spellchecked, fixed first two sentences.

Snorlax

Snorlax

For four generations, Snorlax was one of the four pokemon to have always been in the OU tier. Unfortunately Snorlax fell back into the realm of UU, but this doesn't mean Snorlax can't still be used effectively in OU. When you take a look at Snorlax's stats, they scream for a Curse set, a terrifying one might I add. A powerful Curse set isn't all that Snorlax can do though. Slap a Choice Band on the behemoth and you've got your opponent in a world of hurt if they happen to be lacking Steel-types or Ghost-types. Even then, Snorlax has access to moves such as Earthquake, Fire Punch, Crunch, and Pursuit which can very well handle some very top-tier OU's.

Abomasnow

Abomasnow

Why use Abomasnow? Snow Warning. Easily one of the greatest abilities to come out of Generation 4, Abomasnow is the only fully-evolved Auto-hailer in the entire game. In OU, Abomasnow can come in on the likes of Politoed, Hippowdon, and some Tyranitar and change the weather of the game in his or her favor. In OU, one of Abomasnow's arguably best sets the Choice Scarf set. Coming in on a Politoed's Scald or a Hippowdon's Earthquake is going to leave both pokemon running from either of Abomasnow's Stab 120 Base power moves, Wood Hammer and Blizzard respectively. Abomasnow also has the ability to run one of the most annoying set in existance, Sub-Seed. Throw in Toxic Spikes and Stall Abomasnow will very likely become a pokemon your opponent will look out for in the near future.

Fixed both.

Peachy said:
Yeah, sorry about that.

Vaporeon
Boasting a high HP stat with access to Wish, Vaporeon makes for a fantastic Pokemon to support the team. With the new mechanics with Wish, Vaporeon gives a large boost of longevity to its teammates. Gaining Scald also allowed Vaporeon to stop opponents from preying on its low defense stats, and while it often finds itself lacking a moveslot for it, Vaporeon also learns Heal Bell to give more team support. Unlike Blissey, who boasts much larger defenses, Vaporeon is no offensive slouch with its acceptable Special Attack. While it normally lacks any recovery outside of Water Absorb, it can make use of Hydration and Rest when paired with Drizzle Politoed to stay alive for a long time.

Don't say it normally lacks recovery outside of Water Absorb when you begin by mentioning Wish. The second sentence can be erased really, it's not adding a great deal. Be sure to mention Roar, Protect, and Toxic. A minor slip up in tenses, "allowed" should be "allows". One more check and this should be good to go!

Chillarmy said:
Magnezone
70/70/115/130/90/60

Magnezone's Magnet Pull ability allows it to trap and eliminate most Steel types unable to hit it Super Effectively. The giant magnet can pull off 2 viable sets. A Charge Beam and Substitute set can be used to boost Magnezone's special attack against helpless Steel types, and then hit the opponent's next Pokemon for massive damage as it tries to break Magnezone's Substitute. A Scarf set is also viable. Not only will Magnezone trap and KO your standard Steel types (and OHKO Offensive Scizor outside of Rain), but he can serve as a valuable revenge killer and late game sweeper. Magnezone also prospers with Rain support. While HP Fire is weakened, Magnezone can reliably use Thunder, which provides a noticeable boost in power and 30% paralysis rate.

Spellchecked, fixed first two sentences.

Very nice, I tweaked it in a couple of places but otherwise it's good to go. Thanks man.

Bravo said:
Snorlax

Snorlax

For four generations, Snorlax was one of the four pokemon to have always been in the OU tier. Unfortunately Snorlax fell back into the realm of UU, but this doesn't mean Snorlax can't still be used effectively in OU. When you take a look at Snorlax's stats, they scream for a Curse set. A powerful Curse set isn't all that Snorlax can do though. Slap a Choice Band on the behemoth and you've got your opponent in a world of hurt if they happen to be lacking Steel-types or Ghost-types. Even then, Snorlax has access to moves such as Earthquake, Fire Punch, Crunch, and Pursuit which can very well handle some of the top-tier Pokemon.

Avoid talking in the first person, be careful of "very" being overused, but otherwise this is good to go. I'll make the edit, thanks dude.

Abomasnow

Abomasnow

Why use Abomasnow? Snow Warning. Easily one of the greatest abilities to come out of Generation 4, Abomasnow is the only fully-evolved Auto-hailer in the entire game. In OU, Abomasnow can come in on the likes of Politoed, Hippowdon, and some Tyranitar and change the weather of the game in his or her favor. In OU, one of Abomasnow's arguably best sets the Choice Scarf set. Coming in on a Politoed's Scald or a Hippowdon's Earthquake is going to leave both Pokemon running from either of Abomasnow's Stab 120 Base power moves, Wood Hammer and Blizzard respectively. Abomasnow also has the ability to run one of the most annoying set in existance, Sub-Seed. Throw in Toxic Spikes and Stall Abomasnow will very likely become a pokemon your opponent will look out for in the near future.

Fixed both.

Looking good!

As the line between offence and defence is often blurred, I'm going to be removing this separation from what we currently have and just have a single list of all the OU Pokemon. I will however make a spoiler threat list to be used in RMTs that mentions commonly seen sets as either offensive or defensive.

Fixed up Vaporeon.

Vaporeon
Boasting a high HP stat with access to Wish, Vaporeon makes for a fantastic Pokemon to support the team. Gaining Scald also allows Vaporeon to stop opponents from preying on its low defense stats, and while it often finds itself lacking a moveslot for it, Vaporeon also learns Heal Bell to give more team support. Unlike Blissey, who boasts much larger defenses, Vaporeon is no offensive slouch with its acceptable Special Attack. It can make use of Hydration and Rest when paired with Drizzle Politoed to stay alive for a long time. Vaporeon can also utilize Toxic to stall out the opponent, Protect to guarantee that the wish is granted or Roar to get some entry hazard damage dealt.

If this is good to go, then I'll take Quagsire if no one has.

Back