• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

BW-on: Eelektrik variants

HellYeah

X-Ball motherf***er
Pokemon:15
2 zekrom
4-3 eelektrik
2 mewtwo ex
2 thundurus
2 raikou ex

T/S/S: 33
4 prof. juniper
4 N
2 cheren
3 max potion
2 tool scrapper
3 ultra ball
2 level ball
3 eviolite
3 pokemon catcher
2 switch
2 random receiver
2 skyarrow bridge
1 super rod

energy:12
8 lightning
4 dce

basic strategy for eels, start w/ thundurus and search for {L} energy. then set up raikou ex to snipe, heal, retreat and snipe again w/ another raikou ex. mewtwo ex for late game (not sure if I will switch it for a tornadus ex). zekrom, best non-ex attacker.

any suggestions or help will be appreciated :D thanks in advance everyone

-3 Tool Scrapper

+1 Pokémon Catcher (It's not as situational as tool scrapper, and give you a bigger advantage. It's a Gust of Wind a'la BW, so try to max it out if it's possible)
+1 Emolga (DEX) (searching out Tynamos, or other basics if it's needed. Also a good starter.)
+1 Bianca (+draw card and also adds another option to choose from when you need cards)

Really nice ZekEels, good job with it. I hope someone who's more experienced than me will comment and rate your Deck. :)

get rid of zekrom, run 4 thunderus.

thunderus > all

Sheodon said:
-3 Tool Scrapper

+1 Pokémon Catcher (It's not as situational as tool scrapper, and give you a bigger advantage. It's a Gust of Wind a'la BW, so try to max it out if it's possible)
+1 Emolga (DEX) (searching out Tynamos, or other basics if it's needed. Also a good starter.)
+1 Bianca (+draw card and also adds another option to choose from when you need cards)

Really nice ZekEels, good job with it. I hope someone who's more experienced than me will comment and rate your Deck. :)

and the -3 tool scrapper with all the garbs running around makes this deck virtually useless and slow.

do I really need to remove all tool scrappers?
I have thundurus as starter.
I will try to max pokemon catcher
I hope also someone do that.

IMO your deck is very well built. I'd consider not playing the Eviolites, but that's personal choice. I'd also try to fit in a Zekrom EX simply because it allows you to OHKO Hydreigon which is very important (and to a lesser extent, Garchomp). I personally like the Tool Scrapper and I don't think you should take them out, however, it may be useless depending on your metagame.

If your strategy is to use multiple Raikou-EX to Volt Bolt turn after turn, I would suggest adding another Raikou-EX. I have tested a similar list using three Raikou-EX, two Mewtwo-EX, and one Zekrom-EX (as well as a 4-3 Eelektrik line). If you only have two Raikou-EX in your deck, and one is prized, your strategy falls apart.

I would drop the two Zekrom and add another Raikou-EX as well as a Zekrom-EX. Like Roronoa Zoro said, Zekrom-EX can OHKO Hydreigon and Garchomp which can be extremely helpful.

-2 Zekrom
+1 Raikou-EX
+1 Zekrom-EX

You aren't in trouble if your opponent plays Sigilyph. You can snipe around Sigilyph using Raikou-EX, and you are also discarding your Lightning Energy when you do that, therefore Sigilyph 4HKOs you (6HKO with Eviolite attached). Combine that with the fact that you are rotating your Raikou-EX with the one on the bench each turn and Max Potion and your opponent would be suicidal to use Sigilyph against you :p.

Bouffalant versus Raikou-EX is a 2HKO either way, and again you are rotating your Raikou-EX back to the bench so you shouldn't be losing any to Bouffalant. You could also throw Zekrom-EX into the Active position to 1HKO Bouffalant.

I hope that helps! It is a really fun deck. I wanted to play it at Battle Roads but I think I will be playing Darkrai/Hydreigon instead.

Seems risky not running Tornadus EX in here when Terrakion EX is going to be played alot especially it's regular version as well. Maybe there won't be too much {F} in the new BW-On Format or I'm just being too cautious. If there isn't going to be much {F} being played in this new format then I could ditch the Tornadus for Thunderus in my build of Zeels. I could run Sigilyph over Tornadus but I fear that it's going to get sniped around which is why I'm taking Emolga out for more Level Balls.

If you could I'd drop a Raikou EX for a Shiny Rayquaza, it lets you shoot flufffy chomp before it sets up [if you can't afford one I understand.]

Project_Fedora said:
If you could I'd drop a Raikou EX for a Shiny Rayquaza, it lets you shoot flufffy chomp before it sets up [if you can't afford one I understand.]

I think I dont need rayquaza that much, since I have thundurus to KO them all except garchomp

Secret Pikachu said:
If your strategy is to use multiple Raikou-EX to Volt Bolt turn after turn, I would suggest adding another Raikou-EX. I have tested a similar list using three Raikou-EX, two Mewtwo-EX, and one Zekrom-EX (as well as a 4-3 Eelektrik line). If you only have two Raikou-EX in your deck, and one is prized, your strategy falls apart.

I would drop the two Zekrom and add another Raikou-EX as well as a Zekrom-EX. Like Roronoa Zoro said, Zekrom-EX can OHKO Hydreigon and Garchomp which can be extremely helpful.

-2 Zekrom
+1 Raikou-EX
+1 Zekrom-EX

You aren't in trouble if your opponent plays Sigilyph. You can snipe around Sigilyph using Raikou-EX, and you are also discarding your Lightning Energy when you do that, therefore Sigilyph 4HKOs you (6HKO with Eviolite attached). Combine that with the fact that you are rotating your Raikou-EX with the one on the bench each turn and Max Potion and your opponent would be suicidal to use Sigilyph against you :p.

Bouffalant versus Raikou-EX is a 2HKO either way, and again you are rotating your Raikou-EX back to the bench so you shouldn't be losing any to Bouffalant. You could also throw Zekrom-EX into the Active position to 1HKO Bouffalant.

I hope that helps! It is a really fun deck. I wanted to play it at Battle Roads but I think I will be playing Darkrai/Hydreigon instead.

thanks for that. but my plan is to have different attackers, and I want to know if that will work
in a list like mine.
if i use only zekrom/zekrom ex without raikou ex is it still a good deck?

I advise you to run atleast 1 Raikou. It's very useful. It gets more powerful in the BW-On format.

focus on about 2-3 attackers, having 4 is a little too much as eels will be taking most of the space in the deck. Personally, Zekrom is the weakest (as thundrus gets energies to play with in the discard which is extremely good for eels). If you were to go for more raikou, then the max potions work beautifully, Evolites are there for mostly when a terrakion hits the bench, as raikou could survive a retaliate then, and then be able to max potion. I'd suggest 2 evolites, as you can cycle through the deck and prizes quickly by sniping and the supporter lineup. 3 tool scrappers i'd say is a little too much, 2 is pretty good as a "just incase of garbador".

-2 zekrom
-1 evolite
-1 tool scrapper

+1 catcher
+3 extra cards to play around with (more raikou, level ball, zekrom ex, etc...)

HellYeah said:
I think I don't need rayquaza that much, since I have thundurus to KO them all except garchomp

thanks for that. but my plan is to have different attackers, and I want to know if that will work
in a list like mine.
if i use only zekrom/zekrom ex without raikou ex is it still a good deck?

Oh okay, my bad! For some reason I thought that you were going for a Raikou/Eelektrik strategy.

I agree that four attackers may be too many. I would still suggest moving towards a Raikou/Eelektrik strategy because being able to attack any Pokemon for 100 damage every turn is extremely good. Like most other decks it takes a bit of work to set up howeber you can set it up consistently (every game).

I will try to focus on raikou ex, but for now I don't have them yet
maybe next week I will get some.
For now that I don't have raikou ex yet, what would be a great attackers to use?

bump bump
update my list

Pokemon:16
2 zekrom
4-3 eelektrik
2 mewtwo ex
2 thundurus
2 raikou ex
1 zekrom ex

T/S/S: 32
4 prof. juniper
4 N
2 cheren
2 bianca
2 tool scrapper
3 ultra ball
3 level ball
3 eviolite
3 pokemon catcher
3 switch
2 skyarrow bridge
1 super rod

energy:12
8 lightning
4 dce
any more opinions ?

I'd just try to fit in another Lightning Energy. Otherwise, it looks good.

cut the ultra ball altogether imo. you will get enough lighting energy in the discard to start filtering without having to use an ultra ball.

-3 ultra ball
+1 emolga
+2 max potion (this card pisses people off in this deck)

ultra ball is not just about discarding energies
it's main use is to search my pokemon especially EX's

Back