Buying Bling- Is buying the more expensive version a better choice?

Alan

No Items. Not Ever.
I read some people conversation on some forum I found on google about buying the more expensive version is a better investment.

For example:
Golden Catcher>Regular.

Now normally no one would care but when you put things in perspecitive, Golden Catcher will retain its value while the other will not. Golden Catcher will not always be playable but it will always be a secret rare.

I got to thinking and came up with a few cards like this:

• EXs- The full arts will be far more valuable in the future, but they don't lose all value.

Terrakion NV- the full art and shiny will be more valuable in the future and thus a better investment. Terrakion though will end up one of those 1.89 cards on ebay.

Supporters FA- A Full Art supporter set will cost you around 100 Dollars when a regular set will be around 4 dollars. However, they are ultra rare and will be more valuable to collectors in the future.

So what do you guys think? is "Blinging out your deck" worth the price? If you want your collection to have more value if/when you lose interest in the game and want to sell your cards, you'd want the most valuable version, right? When the format rotates out a card, the Full Art/Secret Rare/Ultra Rare will still be a valuable card while the other will be considerably less valuable despite what it was when usable. So if your someone who sells their cards when they are not usable, this might be a smart choice.

Discuss!

After Catcher is rotated:

Shiny: $40 to $10
Regular: $10 to 50 cents.

Gust of wind is pobably not even 25 cents. it is probably only available in yard sales when you get 400 cards for 2 dollars.

Glace said:

=> lose $30
=> lose $9.5

I don't really understand how "blinging" your deck can pay off as "bling bling" costs even more right now.

I think he meant what there value will be, not how they what they will drop to. Maybe catcher wasn't the best example? this isn't just about catcher.

My thoughts for this hold true for much of anything made in this era, dubbed "Collectible". Don't bother. It will not hold its value, and the exceptions are often difficult to spot.

I never said I was going to, I just want to hear peoples opinion on the idea.

Teal said:
Glace said:

=> lose $30
=> lose $9.5

That's my point. It is a waste, you have to sell them a few months before rotation is announced.

Glace said:
Teal said:
=> lose $30
=> lose $9.5

That's my point. It is a waste, you have to sell them a few months before rotation is announced.

As a rule trainers tend to depreciate in value faster then Pokemon.

If a Pokemon Catcher you bought today for $19 (current troll price) goes down to .25 after a rotation (current price of gust of wind) you have lost roughly 98.5% of your investment.

If you purchase a gold catcher for $55 (current troll price) and it goes down to $10 (speculative price for a secret rare) then you lose roughly 72% of your total value.

Unfortunately, I have no prior knowledge of secret trainers before these current ones so I have nothing to graph the price drop it may be higher then $10 or less then, this is the inherit risk of collectibles.

Pokemon type cards on the other hand can appreciate in value due to a very healthy collector market in the Pokemon TCG that depends on the rarity and general popularity of the Pokemon in question.

Some full art prints of EXs have been increasing in price even when the non FA version have depreciated since the EX tin reprints.

Along with the comic book industry of the 90's and the beanie baby craze of the early 2000's Pokemon's time as a product you could turn around for an easy profit looks like it has passed so treat every purchase as a loss and if you keep up to date with the competitive nature of the game and the rotations that come every year you can minimize your losses or even break a small profit.

Tldr:
Buy the cards you want to play with them and not because you think they will become worthless faster.

about to buy a card, but are these two cards the same?

hey guys, I was just wondering are these two cards the same? they're both reverse holo but one seems like the {P} symbol is the holo part while the other seems to be normal reverse holo. it could just be the picture, which I'm hoping it is as I plan to buy one of these on ebay. could you please tell me if these two cards are the same? hopefully ill get an answer before the auction ends lol

Psychic holo

regular reverse holo?

RE: about to buy a card, but are these two cards the same?

I looked at both cards and to me they both apper to be the same. One of the pictures was harder to see but I'm am pretty sure there both the same.

They are indeed the same card. The only real difference is the camera angle and picture quality. Those are both RH Chandelure from Noble Victories.

arrite thanks guys! ill go ahead and purchase then.
and also just wanted to say, even tho I'm a total newbie around here, I'm finding pokebeach community is verrryy welcoming and helpful, which is unfortunately very rare in a forum these days.. keep it up, you guys rock!

The only difference between the 2 cards is the price XD. Buy the one or 2 of that on that is $4.49 VS $4.75 XD.:)

Back