Budget Non EX Deck Ideas?

MrOptimistic

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so at the moment im on a low budget and I would like to make more decks that dont have any EX cards in. Can anyone give me an example of good decks in the current format that are actually competitive. I have most staple trainers and a few ace specs so I can add them in, I just dont know what pokemon work well together in a non EX deck. Please help =)

I suggest Night March. Another one is Flareon. You can find these on the youtube channel called Top Cut. I've been testing out Gliscor PF/Dusknoir BCR.

Donphan + Outrage Dragons is the best non-EX deck in format, and one of the best decks in format as well. I'd consider giving that archetype a look at, although Donphan is a little pricey. Alternative, you can simply run an Outrage Dragons + Flareon/Leafeon Deck. Has incredible coverage, low energy attackers, high damage potential, and if you already have staple trainers, will cost no more than $30 total.

I would suggest a tool drop deck. The only expensive cards in the deck are the 1 Jirachi EX and the staple supporters.

Also btw thood, donphans cost a lot more these days.

Stage 2 / Miltank based decks are probably the cheapest things to build right now, but their competitive viability is limited. Butterfree / Miltank and Greninja / Miltank are probablty the two most effective, though that's really not saying much. I'd add Empoleon / Dusknoir / Miltank to the list, but those cards are a little more pricey. You will do decently with these decks as long as you don't run into Seismitoad.

Nightmarch With Flareon, However running 2 Mew Ex would help, and they are pretty cheap EXs

Suicune/ Delphox/Drifblim I made this deck as more of a fun deck but it is actually pretty good. I posted it in he deck garage if you want to take a look at it

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-bcr-on-suicune-delphox-drifblim

Back