• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Brohoof (Blastoise/Keldeo EX)

priestkalim

I like football but also, I don't...
3-0-3 Blastoise BW6
3 Keldeo EX BW6
1 Mewtwo EX NEX

4 Skyla
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
4 Ultra Ball
4 Rare Candy
4 Energy Retrieval
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Super Scoop Up
2 Bicycle
2 Eviolite
2 Random Receiver
1 Computer Search

10 Water Energy

Consistency is Magic. Turn 2 Blastoise, then he sits on your bench, and then you just spam Keldeo. Super Scoop Up is amazing with Keldeo. Ultra Ball and Computer Search are excellent with Bicycle. I think the Bicycle engine has amazing potential, and this shows it off wonderfully.
Deck is untested theorymon though, so all of this is theoretical consistency. I really don't want to get caught up in testing a deck we aren't likely to get until next year, and there's another BW6 card I'd like to test before this anyway...

Rate/Fix/Comment/Like/Subscribe.

Squirtle – Water – HP60
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Shell Shield
As long as this Pokemon is on the Bench, it takes no damage from attacks.

[W][C] Water Spray: 10 damage. Flip a coin, if heads this attack does an additional 20 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1
Blastoise – Water – HP140
Stage 1 – Evolves from Wartortle

Ability: Rain Dance.
As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may attach 1 [W] Energy card to 1 of your Pokemon. (This doesn’t use up your 1 Energy card attachment for the turn.)

[C][C][C][C] Hydro Pump: 60+ damage. This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Retreat: 4
Keldeo-EX – Water – HP170
Basic Pokemon

Ability: Step In
Once during your turn (before you attack), if Keldeo-EX is your Bench, you may switch it with your Active Pokemon.

[C][C][C] Secret Sword: 50+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [W] energy attached to this Pokemon.

When Pokemon-EX has been Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

Retreat: 2
Bicycle – Trainer
Item

Draw cards until you have 4 cards in your hand.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.
Skyla – Trainer
Supporter

Search your deck for a Trainer card, reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
Computer Search – Trainer
Item

Discard two cards. Search your deck for any one card and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

ACE SPEC: You can’t have more than 1 ACE SPEC card in your deck.

You can use any number of Item cards during your turn.

I would drop a Skyla and an N for two Wartortle. Four Skyla seems a bit overkill, and N doesn't seem like it would be very helpful when you need a bunch of energies in your that would be shuffled away.

Blastoise would be a theoretical seventh prize wouldn't he? Although I do agree that the deck needs a starter.

And Brohoof? You couldn't think of anything less... Pony? ;-; Poor Keldeo is doomed to be named pony things for it's lifetime.

In a world where trainer lock doesn't exist, Wartortle serves no purpose whatsoever. I shouldn't be shuffling energies away with my Ns, they'll be on the field. Blastoise is a seventh prize if he's ever knocked out, but part of the goal is for that not to ever happen.
Love and tolerate. I've seen every episode of the show. I'll rename it if you think of a better relevant pop culture reference that I enjoy. You say doomed to pony references like they're both a bad thing and an irrelevant thing.

In a world where Accelock is a Meta deck, you need Wartortle.

-1 Skyla
-1 Rare Candy
-2 N

+2 Hugh
+1 Wartortle
+1 Kyurem (Glaciate)

Accelock is easily breakable with Step In. And a bad meta deck in general.
4 N is staple BW-on. Shuffle-draw is amazing.
I will consider some Hughs over Skylas, but I'm iffy on it.

You need Wartortle. Just because it makes it easier to get more Blastoise out. It adds alot more consistency which you say you love.

How? The only way to search Wartortle is Ultra Ball, which means I have to not get a Blastoise or Keldeo with that Ultra Ball. Rare Candy, however, is searchable with Skyla, whose purpose early game is almost specifically to act as 4 extra Rare Candies.
I have 8 ways to see a Rare Candy and 5 ways to see a Wartortle, 4 of which I'd rather use elsewhere.

If you can actually back up that Wartortle is a good choice, I'll add it immediately. Everyone is just insisting that "Wartortle is good, add it." and not backing it up.

^
zero warturtle is odd to most people but looking at it, this does work perfectly within the deck itself. turn one squirtle, turn two blastrois. 8 ways to get rare candy. 15 if you count random reciever and luck of the draw. what I believe people aren't backing in there story to why you should run maby at least one warturtle is that "stuff happens." but that warturtle is a dead draw.

the list great non-theless

What stuff happens though? Gothitelle is the only form of trainer lock, and the only deck she is used in is bad. If I really need a Gothitelle counter, I'll play a Mewtwo in that last spot.
If I ever use the Wartortle for anything besides an Ultra Ball discard, I am crippling myself. If I ever draw the Wartortle, I am crippling myself. There is literally no instance Wartortle is a good idea.

Thanks for the praise though, I don't mean any of that toward you 4te. Just making my position clearer.

This thread just exploded didnt it?
Anyways, since you stole my deck I feel like I must give some advice :)

I don't particularly like Juniper, but whatever works. Mewtwo is a great attacker. I know you feel like he is completely unnecessary but he is nice to have. Just run 1 even, but I prefer 2. also, DCE is very nice for those occasions when you can't get a turn 2 Blastoise or you need to use Blastoises attack for a Sigilyph.
So...
-1 Skyla
-1 Rare Candy
+2 DCE

Extra spot-Mewtwo

Bianca > Juniper, but that's just me.

-1 Bycicle
+1 Wartortle
now, I know that you don't like Wartortle and would rather have another card in its place, but it is very nice to have in case "stuff happens" and for streaming Blastoise even when you have one out.

-1 Bicycle (in testing, it is nice, but not too great a card)
-1 something non-essential
+2 (at least) Eviolite
Here is where I make a change you really should take. Eviolite it too good a card to pass up. It takes away important Darkrai and Garchomp (providing they either are using the first attack or don't have any Altaria's out, something that you should make happen) KOs. You really need this card in the deck.

Wow... That was a lot of writing on an I-pad, took me like ten min :(

Even having that one Wartortle in your deck can add some pressure into what your opponent does next. Seeing a Wartortle and a powered up attacker for example can really alter their course of action. 1 of doesn't hurt and its definitely a plus in the odd but possible trainer lock deck.

I have no problems putting Mewtwo into that extra spot, although he doesn't really work as a seventh prize.
Eviolite is a card I did overlook. I'll drop 2 Bicycle for them, thank you.

See, that's the problem right there. "Odd but possible." It isn't possible at all. Trainer lock is nonexistent in BW-on except for Gothitelle, who I just rendered even more awful by adding Mewtwo.

You don't use it for trainer lock, since that isn't very important at all against this deck for the most part. You use it when you face a Garchomp or Hydreigon deck that manages to kill your Blastoise, and you have a Wartortle on the bench. It is just a good idea to have it in when the Blastoise dies.
But if you really feel strongly about it you can keep it out, though I disagree, you can keep it out. It's your deck, and it will be easier to beat you this way if we manage to face each other, since Catcher kill your Blastoise will put you way behind, and not just make me feel like it will be pointless, since doubtless you will be able to get a single Blastoise, though I would bet it will be difficult for you to get a rare candy too otherwise.
Now, I realize that the above in confusing, but if you decipher it, give yourself a pat on the back and maybe change your mind.

EDIT: You didn't put in the DCE, can you say why?

How can you be so sure trainer lock is dead, I'm pretty sure there are people who will make it work and make it work well. Remember when Celebi Prime was bad and when Klinklang was awful?

After seeing the translations for Blastoise and Keldeo-EX I came here looking for a thread like this and (obviously) found it!

I'm fairly new to competitive Pokemon TCG playing... what do you mean when you say "seventh prize card"?

If you Catcher KO a Blastoise, I either will have another one being dropped with a Rare Candy or I already have another one dropped with a Rare Candy. How do you intend to OHKO Blastoise with a Hydreigon deck? I'm pretty sure their damage caps at 90. You still seem to underestimate the ability to drop Blastoises quickly. Turn 2 Stage 2s have been consistent in decks that need them for ages. That's why I didn't put DCE in. I also playtested Ho-oh, and attacks like Keldeo's just aren't even worth using with DCE anyway. If I'm forced to put it down, I really don't even have a reason to attack, the damage output is too low.

As soon as I lose to trainer lock because I don't have Wartortle or as soon as I see a decent Trainer Lock deck going around, I'll add a Wartortle. It isn't going to happen with the cards BW-on has now though. And no, I don't remember when Klinklang was awful, I'm pretty sure I played it fairly successfully with Steelix Prime and Max Potion when EPO came out.

EX Pokemon give two prizes when killed. This means they only need to KO three of them to win. However, if they kill one non-EX Pokemon and then three EX Pokemon, they only take 1 prize for the last EX Pokemon but had to kill something worth two. Thus, it's like they had to take seven prizes instead of just six.

dude your argument for not having a wartortle is very strong, but in a meta were people love a rogue i would still have at least 1 wartorle, yes it seems like you're running a 59 card deck now, but that ONE time you need it and you haven't got it, you'll be pissed!

also i have no idea what you should cut down, but have you not considered emolga to help set up you're bench turn one to get 2 basics out?

Emolga is an idea. I'm more likely to whiff turn 1 Squirtle than turn 2 Blastoise after getting Squirtle, only because I'm more hesitant to Ultra Ball for a Squirtle. However, I don't see where Emolga would really fit, to be honest, and that's more something to hold onto until the testing phase anyway. With the draw engine behind the deck, I can honestly see hitting Squirtle consistently without search.

That ONE time I need it, which is nonexistent with the current card pool through BW6, will not be worth the dead spot in every single other game I play.

Hydreigon shoots out 140 and that OHKOs Blastoise. Nuff said.
I love this deck. The synergy between Blastoise and Keldeo is amazing. Obviously you need 2 Mewtwo to operate because they will most likely go Aggro Mewtwo to (try to) OHKO you.
Eeeeew 4 Skyla.....
-2 Skyla
+1 Cilan
+1 Emolga
I thinks you need more draw supporters. Bicycle won't draw much and Skyla doesnt draw at all.

I'm hesitant to drop Skylas because of all they can do. They may not be draw supporters, but having access to any trainer in my deck as needed is ridiculously good. Skyla is underrated. If I drop them for anything though, it'll be Hugh, Bianca, or Cheren, for the draw support. Cilan is a bad card.

Wait, Hydreigon has attacks? Huh. That makes me want to put Large Cloaks over the Eviolites. Roughly the same effect for Keldeo and keeps Blasty alive through everything in the format except Garchomp + 3 Altarias.

I hate hate hate hate 1 Emolga. Especially in a deck without Level Ball. Emolga has to be your starter to see any use at all, which means you have to play 3-4 of them.

Back