Bounsweet, Bewear, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Wimpod!

My impressions on these new Pokemon:
  • Bewear - I like the name that makes trainers "beware". The ability is impressive! It is an "anti-Quick Attack" attacks, but it is vulnerable to Fire attacks.
  • Bounsweet - It is bouncy and sweet. It remind me of Cherubi and Hoppip. (Evo Please!!)
  • Comfey - It looks like a garland that wears during some ceremonies on welcoming guests. It's "Triage" is impressive. It helps heals more functionable.
  • Mimikyu - I like it, who denies. Sir Water Pokemon Master says that it is the new Diglett. The under of it is its hollow body. It makes friends if it is dressed like Pika. Is its ability only proc once?
  • Mudsdale - I like it also, a powerful horse Pokemon, an addition to the horse Pokemon. I am so sad that this Pokemon wasn't road-friendly. It's ability makes a burden to the players if you don't KO it fast. The appearance of this one was in Lv. 50. I believe that this Pokemon has it's pre-evolution.
  • Wimpod - I like the bio that it is a pure wimp Pokemon, I believe that it's evolution makes it braver. Its ability makes a threat to players, if they planned to own Wimpod. There is a tip, use a low-damage move, a move that makes it Asleep or Paralyzed (I don't think it'll work.), and catch it with an Ultra Ball, Dive Ball, anything except Great Ball and Poke Ball.
That's it!

I've seen that confirmed on other sites as well... I guess my disbelief came from me thinking it was too good to be true. Now that I have no more doubts about it:
HOLY S...! This is amazing!! I was just hatching eggs the other day to get a Charmander with better IVs, had I knew about this before, I wouldn't have had to go through the trouble of it... I've always hated IVs. We could catch a pokémon with the right nature, the right ability and all those things perfectly aligned and when you went to check its IVs there would always be at least be one freakin' IV, usually, the most imporant one for that Pokémon, that would be screwed up...
We still don't know how hard it will be to get those Bottle Caps, but I have a couple of my old Pokémon in desparate need of increasing their IVs and I already know which one will be the first to abuse this. My Platinum's Giratina has a Rash nature and a pathetic Sp. Atk IV of 1. That always pissed me off. I'll now be able to make it the good Pokémon it was supposed to be!
Yeah this is very great!! :) People don't have to use hacked 6 IVs Ditto to hatch 6 IVs eggs faster, or cheat to obtain 6 IVs legendaries for the competitions! And I also have some shinies that I personally found with the right nature but with incredibly low IVs hahah! It will be fun to make them competitive! Hope those bottle caps will not be so rare!

Wow, even more Pokémon reveals. I like it...! :D

Mudsdale: Wow, first a Rock-Type Dog, now a Ground-Type Horse. This comes in Top 5 of the "Alola-mons". Considering its weight, if it gets the attack Heavy Slam, it will become a really powerful Pokémon! If it gets an pre-evo, maybe that one will be a Shetland Pony-Pokémon...? :p

Bounsweet: Cute, but it'll need an evolution (if so, will it be a Strawberry Pokémon? :rolleyes:). Still, I like it.

Comfey: Yeah, this one I love. But I think this one will need en evolution, too. Maybe like Flabébé-line? Considering it being Fairy-type, and all?

Wimpod: Hmm, a Horseshoe Crab-Pokémon? Interesting. I'm not certain what I think about its Ability, though. It'll make it a pain to catch it, but whatever...!

Mimikyu/Bewear: I still like them, and I like the pun of Bewear! ;)

Wow, Gamefreak!!! You really hit the jackpot this time. I like pretty much every single one of the new Pokémon. I really hope there will be even more amazing Pokémon yet to come! :cool:

Some of the names are... weird. Bewear and Comfey... I do like their designs though.

Mudsdale is my favourite from this announcement though, it just looks awesome. Hope it's decent in battle.

I can't decide if I like Mimikyu or whether it's utterly ridiculous haha! It's pretty cute but.. it's wearing a costume of another Pokémon... I know they've explained why it does it and why Pikachu but yeah.

Observations from a competitive standpoint. Pure speculation of course...

Bewear: It should be a great counter to Bisharp and Weavile who rely upon contact attacks. I think the typing is a little unfortunate because a Fighting neutrality/resistance would be perfect with this ability. I predict it will be a niche Pokémon who can counter very specific things but overall will struggle at the upper levels.

Mudsdale: It's going to be a bulky, physically orientated Ground type... meaning it has a lot of competition, specifically with Hippowdon. The ability might be situational, but if Stamina activates for EVERY hit then coming in against a Mega Heracross Pin Missile / Rock Blast sounds hilarious. It's going to need a very special movepool to compete with Hippowdon though.

Mimikyu: So it more or less gets a free turn... I dunno what to make of this guy. It can act as an emergency check to pretty much anything, but then so can Focus Sash Alakazam, Whimsicott and Klefki. I really want this thing to be usable, but without further data I just can't see it. It can be a near flawless mid-game Trick Room user I guess.

Wimpod: Yeah, so that ability can be really amazing if this is a fast Pokémon and can move before Wimp Out is activated. Imagine if it gets to use something like Spikes, Sticky Web or a screen and then immediately switches out to a threatening sweeper? Suicide Pokémon have generally fallen out of favour so I don't think it will be top tier.

> Bewear
> is bear
> gives manliest, most dangerous hugs ever

I am now officially putting this guy on my team. He is one of only a few Pokemon that communes with my soul so distinctively.

Did anyone mention Mimikyu + focus sash yet? It just occurred to me earlier today (but I'm sure many have thought of it before me and we'll run into plenty on wifi later this year).

I'm kind of disappointed about hyper training, though. It ruins the fun of trying to breed the perfect Pokemon, which is one of my favorite parts of the game - I like feeling like I've worked hard to get Pokemon that are uniquely powerful, but now they're making it so your Pokemon can't really be unique.

I do see everyone's point about making the Pokemon you care about viable - but it really should be rare, so it's ONLY for that an not for ruining an aspect of the game that i've actually gotten a bit invested in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mimikyu is so good.. the ability to swithc in freely and force out ANY pokemon it outspeeds... and also has 3 immunities for free switchins to avoid breaking its disguise, along with two amazing defensive typings anyway. its such a potentially strong pokemon and is a free momentum card for ANY team against almost any pokemon. put a choice scarf on something like this and it can force out so many pokemon, or it could be used as a booster which takes a free hit. if you try and break its disguise with a weak or resisted hit and it outspeeds you and puts up a sub, that sounds like game over. and it has two of the best offensive typings in the game. sash could be an option as a taunt lead too (if it has taunt), dunno if i would sash it otherwise though.

if this mon has even rotom-A level stats its totally usable and im excited to see it in play. plus its a ghost so it might even have wisp, which is going to make it such a disruptive pokemon.

the horse is exciting too, its a great recipient of wishpassing. actually all of these new abilities are very strong and usable in the metagame, so im looking forward to them

Last edited:
Bewear is one of my favourites this time around for being ridiculously OP when giving out a bear hug. I'm likely going to add him to my team, and Fluffy seems like it will be Fur Coat 2.0, except that the user is vulnerable to Fire Type attacks, which isn't a bad trade-off, actually. Sometimes, you have to add drawbacks to potentially overpowered Pokémon, but unlike, say; Regigigas or Archeops, Bewear would still be dealing huge dents to the opponent, unless it literally gets burnt by the ever-so common Will-O-Wisp.

Mimikyu is another mon that has peaked my interest. It has a new Type combo and an Ability that acts as a free Substitute. Depending on the circumstances during my adventure, I'd definitely raise and love one on my team. I would be really interested that if it can evolve, it may just remove it's own cloak to show it's true colours. No matter what it looks like, it would surely be useful in numerous circumstances with only two weaknesses to worry about in battle.

Wimpod reminds me of both Dunsparce and Stunfisk in body structure. The former came to my mind due to Wimpod's new Ability, Wimp Out, which kind of acts like Dunsparce's Run Away ability. I don't think it will evolve, though, unless Troll Freak decides otherwise. Although, I would really appreciate it if the thing kept it's Type combination if it does so happen to evolve.

Bounsweet's life must be a nightmare. Poor thing has a rougher life than Pacifica, Meg, Squidward, or even Courage would dread about. My interests in this mon are low, but it's entry, though, is just sad and frightening. This cinnamon roll is too pure for this world.

Comfey is another nice addition to the Fairy Type. I hear it is actually based on something mythological, which is a bonus. And I see it has Triage, which is an Ability that gives priority to recovery moves. This thing would really benefit from Sunny Day + Synthesis. It looks like it may just be related to Flabebe's evolution line.

Mudsdale reminds me of something that came straight out of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. I appreciate the extra addition to the horse Pokémon group. It's absolutely outrageous that it just so happens to be nearly as heavy as Mega Metagross and Groudon. Stamina could really give this horse a solid niche over Rapidash, as it may just be bulky. I reckon it will have a pre-evolution and may be Alola's counterpart to Ponyta and Rapidash, as mentioned earlier.

Back