Bounsweet, Bewear, Comfey, Mudsdale, Mimikyu, Wimpod!

I don't really enjoy the designs of Bounsweet, Mudsdale, Wimpod, and Bewear. However, that doesn't mean I don't like them. The pokedex entry of Bounsweet is quite comical and Mudsdales concept is awesome. But Bounsweet just feels too recylced from Cherrim and Cherubi. Mimikyu has grown on me in the past few days and Comfey is gonna be great competitively. Recovering priority is a great addition to the metagame!

Holy crap hyper training is what we all needed!

Interesting Pokemon, most of them kind of resemble a previous Pokemon in a way, I'll give my opinions on them all:
Bounsweet: Interesting, looks a lot like Cherubi
Bewear: Cool design, ITS NAME IS A PUN GAH
Comfey: Looks like Klefki, but with the keys being flowers
Mudsdale: Awesome looking Pokemon, I imagine a tough guy gym leader, like Clay or Chuck would have one.
Mimikyu: Not a big fan of this one, interesting typing though
Wimpod: I love the design, it looks like a Clauncher combined with a Venipede, will probably use it.

Sees partial pic of Comfey before seeing the whole vid: "Oh, great, a Flabebe ripoff."
Actually sees it: OMFG A LEI POKEMON!!! I'll take 20! Also, it might be the new Chansey/Audino/Wigglytuff in Pokemon Centers.

Wimpod looks like a modern Anorith. Oh no, that Wimp Out ability is giving me flashbacks to fleeing Pokemon in Gen 2. Get your Quick Balls!

Bewear, lol. And yay, Mimikyu kept its name!

Mudsdale? A Clydesdale horse Pokemon? Nice! And 2028 lbs...whoa. I wonder if that's how much actual Clydesdales weigh-*looks up (2,200 lbs)*-oh.

I wonder what fruit Bounsweet is based on. Looks like a walking Magost Berry.

Last edited:
Damn, I was hoping for another wi-fi battle field :'( This one looks almost the same as the previous gen!

Mudsdale: awesome I've always loved horse like pokemon and tanky pokemon so I'm probably going to use this.
Bounsweet: boring it's evolution could be cool though so fingers crossed
Wimpod: could be a pain but it reminds me of Armaldo so I like it
Comfey: it's a lei. I love it
I also love all the names

I wonder what fruit Bounsweet is based on. Looks like a walking Magost Berry.

It's a Mangosteen.

Health-Benefits-of-Mangosteen.jpg

Not really a fan of this new batch, none of them really stand out to me IMO (except for Mimikyu, which we already knew about so I'm not counting him). I'm glad to see another Bug/Water though, but only if it has a strong evolution.

I think that this generation is Gamefreaks way of redeeming themselves. All of these designs so far have been amazing! They've revealed cute, creepy, and confusing Pokemon that truly have an essence of every game in them. And the names are no different; Bewear and Mimikyu are some of my favorite names for any Pokemon by far! I am so hyped for these games, and while I understand that not everyone will like these Pokemon and names as much as I will, but I seriously think that people should give these guys a chance!

I love when they reveal pokémon when we're not expecting...
This batch is pretty decent.

- I LOL'd hard at Beware's name. Fluffy is a nice ability although I'm not sure gaining an additional weakness to Fire is worth it. The alternative (Klutz) isn't much better though.
- Not much to say about Mimikyu since we already knew about it. I like that it kept its japanese name. Its ability is cool but I wonder what they mean by "Then its appearance changes" because in the video, it still looks the same.
- Bounsweet looks a bit too much like Cherubi but the description is quite funny.
- Comfey is also similar to Flabébé line but not as much as Bounsweet is to Cherubi. It's another pure Fairy type with flowers that isn't part Grass. Apparently for GF, using Flowers is not enough to make you half Grass, but using a few pebbles around your neck is enough to make you a Rock-type (looking at Rockruff)...
- Mudsdale is the one I liked the least. I don't dislike it completely but it just looks like a normal horse, it's a boring design. Ponyta and Rapidash are still the best horse-like Pokémon. Also, what's up with all that weight?
- Wimpod is my favorite of the 4 new Pokémon. It looks really cool. Kind of a mix between Anorith and Venipede but distinct enough. I like that it's another Bug/Water besides Surskit and hopefully it will keep that type upon evolution unlike the latter. Its ability will be annoying though unless it has a good catch rate or you use Ability removing/changing methods. If all that wasn't enough, I finally found, in part thanks to WPM's tweet, what those bugs that appear in my house at night are called and what they're supposed to be. Pokémon is truly a source of learning.

I'm still trying to understand what Hyper Training does... At first sight, it just looks like Super Training with a slightly different name. People here talking about increasing IVs... As awesome as that would be, I doubt that's what it does. On the other hand, the official description says we can increase the stats of Lv. 100 Pokémon which wasn't possible before and that's not true, since we can EV train Lv. 100 Pokémon since Gen V so yeah... Probably not as new as they say...

I'm still trying to understand what Hyper Training does... At first sight, it just looks like Super Training with a slightly different name. People here talking about increasing IVs... As awesome as that would be, I doubt that's what it does. On the other hand, the official description says we can increase the stats of Lv. 100 Pokémon which wasn't possible before and that's not true, since we can EV train Lv. 100 Pokémon since Gen V so yeah... Probably not as new as they say...
Yes, the Hyper Training will increase the IVs, and that's awesome!

The "individual strengths innate to each Pokémon", as they say, are the IVs.

I've seen a lot of comments about Mimikyu's ability and the "Then its appearance changes" dialogue.

The appearance change is after Mimikyu gets hit and the ability procs, the large fake Pikachu head deflates and limps to the side to signal that the ability is no longer active.

Wow I love these!

Man if Drafthorse gets a reliable recovery move -- or even just RestTalk -- it could become a true tank. The flavor text made it sound like +high attack +high defense/hp and -low speed. I also love it's design...it really evokes a Western aesthetic in a way I never thought I'd care about.

Fluffy is really cool ability. Easily exploitable by both user (defending) and opponent (attacking). Good balanced ability!

Triage is also quite interesting. I hope Comfey (adorbs name) ends up being Fairy/Grass. I know there's Whimsicott but. Still.

So what do we think: Bounsweet, Mimikyou, Wimpod, and Comfey evolve? The other two seem to be single stages. But who knows? I'm very excited.

TPC has been doing great with designs and names so far this Gen. I'm really impressed!

Wimpod it utterly amazing. Finally another Bug/Water type! Here's to hoping it doesn't evolve into a flying bug. Ideally it'd keep its triops/silverfish thing going.

Also I think Comfey and Klefki would make a cute doubles team. :3

Hyper Training is simply a godsend! It essentially lets you fix the IVs for your Pokemon which means we don't really have to SR for competitive legendaries!! It also helps alleviate the pain of a MM'd shiny that is has got its IVs messed up. I am getting the feeling that bottle caps are gonna be hard to come by though.

Also I really hope I can ride Mudsdale it's so ruggedly majestic <3

Back