Boundaries Crossed disscusion thread - post 11 for checklist

Boundaries Crossed: Good or bad

• Total voters
RE: Boundaries Crossed - post 11 for checklist

pokemonjoe said:
Ursus said:
No Idea how anyone has the grounds to make such an assumption, what with the set not even being out here for almost a month.
We already have all the scans, so we know what each card in the set is going to do.

Meatheart: I'm afraid you may be misinformed. Regardless of whether or not the card is good (which it is IMO), it's getting hyped, meaning it will be popular, meaning Ho-oh is most likely dead. Also, actual card wise, Keldeo is better than Ho-oh, not even counting weakness. Ho-oh does have energy acceleration, but Keldeo also has a great ability. Ho-oh requires multiple types of energy, while Keldeo has an awesome form of energy acceleration. Ho-oh does 20+20 for each energy, while Keldeo does 50+20.

Just because we know what the cards do doesn't mean we know what decks it will destroy and what decks will destroy it. There is no way to tell until the set gets here and collective testing is done by the community. There is no way someone could say any deck was close/is BDIF before anyone can take one of these decks to an event.

Ursus said:
pokemonjoe said:
We already have all the scans, so we know what each card in the set is going to do.

Meatheart: I'm afraid you may be misinformed. Regardless of whether or not the card is good (which it is IMO), it's getting hyped, meaning it will be popular, meaning Ho-oh is most likely dead. Also, actual card wise, Keldeo is better than Ho-oh, not even counting weakness. Ho-oh does have energy acceleration, but Keldeo also has a great ability. Ho-oh requires multiple types of energy, while Keldeo has an awesome form of energy acceleration. Ho-oh does 20+20 for each energy, while Keldeo does 50+20.

Just because we know what the cards do doesn't mean we know what decks it will destroy and what decks will destroy it. There is no way to tell until the set gets here and collective testing is done by the community. There is no way someone could say any deck was close/is BDIF before anyone can take one of these decks to an event.
Who's to say he hasn't done extensive testing with this deck?

pokemonjoe said:
Ursus said:

Testing against what? A small group of players who are all attempting to throw together some sort of accurate depiction of the next format? Be my guest if you have the time and resources to do that, but I doubt any of that testing will prove to be useful as it's very hard to "figure out" a format before it's upon us.

Ursus said:
pokemonjoe said:

Testing against what? A small group of players who are all attempting to throw together some sort of accurate depiction of the next format? Be my guest if you have the time and resources to do that, but I doubt any of that testing will prove to be useful as it's very hard to "figure out" a format before it's upon us.
TBH, if you have a small group of friends that are pretty good, you can easily figure out what the good decks you need to test against are. Blastoise/Keldeo (it may not be the BDIF, but it will be popular), Darkrai/Hydreigon, Darkrai varients, and any other various decks. Even if a new deck pops up, you'll have a head start over the rest of the players.

Checklist updated with Dusknoir (#63/149) and Computer Search (#137/149)

4 more cards added to checklist

This set is terrible now that it's confirmed that there's no Ether, Escape Rope or Bicycle. 150 Not worth buying because the only good cards are some of the URs and there are 15 of them.

Checklist updated

Now with the 60 card scans I'm starting to think that boundaries crossed won't be worth buying any packs from.
What??? No ether? No escape rope? No bicycle?
My friend is going to hate me when he hears this.
Copies and pastes as an email to TPCI.

Ursus said:
pokemonjoe said:

Keldeo/Blastoise bashes your Ho-oh, and every other deck that uses pokemon with less than 110HP so badly that it's pretty much autowin, the deck is anti catcher p,us everything has over 140 HP, Squirtke is anti snipping, and there's hardly anything eels can do to stop it because they are weak to grass, which is a terrible type (really, really bad). Japan has done lots of testing for us with this deck, and it will be EXTREMELY formidable.

Considering that we lost Ether, not as many. I think Raticate and Vileplume will see play, but I think Raticate will quickly fizzle out and Vileplume might stay around for a while more while people figure out the best combination of attackers for it.

Before the latest news, the poll had 25 on favour for it being a good set and 0 with bad. Now it still has 25 on good and 6 on bad.
The news really changed people's minds. I don't see it as a really bad set even now. Some of the good cards it had just weren't include in the set. There are still some good Pokémon in the set like Blastoise, Keldeo, Dusknoir,Celebi EX, etc. Plus the staple card computer search.

The pull rates for duskinoir is like 1/50.
Since there is sooo many cards and sooo little playable cards, the pull rates are crazy. :(

I still think Dusknoir/Flygon will be a pretty good deck to try, I know I'll be testing it for Cities.

Blui129 said:
Ursus said:

Keldeo/Blastoise bashes your Ho-oh, and every other deck that uses pokemon with less than 110HP so badly that it's pretty much autowin, the deck is anti catcher p,us everything has over 140 HP, Squirtke is anti snipping, and there's hardly anything eels can do to stop it because they are weak to grass, which is a terrible type (really, really bad). Japan has done lots of testing for us with this deck, and it will be EXTREMELY formidable.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
I actually don't understand how you are not joking.
Anyhow, after the news about cutting Ether, Escape Rope, and Virbank, I'm really disgusted. This set is just another Emerging Powers/Supreme Victors type deal.

don't forget vileplume boxes in your decks.

1 virizion nvi + eviolite + plus power = 1hko anything in blastoise keldeo. and it is a 2 for 1 prize exchange on keldeo. and you are tanking 40 damage.
vileplume if needed to be used for attack can also 1hko a blastoise, it takes 6 energies for a keldeo to 1hko a vileplume.

vileplume boxes will be the death of blastoise. you just have to be a smart player and realize that the deck is nothing without blastoise, as are eel decks.you take out the most important ingredient in the deck and you take out the deck. if you can successfully 1 hit 1-2 blastoise think about how far behind the deck is. it would have to get out, or super rod back and try to pull out another stage 2 card. the resources required are outrageous.

Back