"Boston Marathon attack was payback!"

debugs

We were all born to die!
Suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev claims that the Boston Marathon attack was payback for wars on Muslims.

Full story: http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/16/us/boston-bombing-investigation/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally I see where they're (saying they're) coming from, but the answer is not to bomb a marathon, needless to say. Fighting violence with violence does not work.

I'm getting a faulty newsvibe here.

So, while hiding inside a boat, a guy scribbles paragraphs of Muslim propaganda. Why? Who's supposed to read it?The suspect never, as far as I'm aware, told law enforcement anything of that sort. I suppose the writing would be fairly noticable, but it was first mentioned a month after the attack. I would hope the boat was searched thoroughly. Something is off here.

Wait, he said it was payback for wars on Muslims? Didn't they used to be blamed for the World Trade Center disaster?

I'm actually quite relieved the suspect isn't Korean.

How is this collateral damage (according to the article and the criminal)?
This is just violence on innocent people. If the two had been fighting actual armed forces and civilians were killed, that'd be collateral damage. This is not collateral damage.

Whoa... al-Qeada is a terrorist organization. They may be Muslims, but you can't group them together with the Muslims that are innocent people and bystanders, and most don't want to have to do anything with the al-Qeada.

Ok...

Wars are fought with violence. To win, you need violence. Someone has to lose/withdraw.

A bomb solved WWII. I think you may want to ask Japan about that one though.

Yes, al-Qaeda is a group of muslims.

Suitcune - try reading his post from a different angle. If i say, there is a group of kids involved, am i saying that all kids are involved, or just a specific group? See the difference?

No, a bomb didn't solve WW2. That's an incredibly inaccurate statement. The dropping of the atomic bombs was completely un-needed, and even the uranium club along with those who made the original atomic bomb generally agreed that these weapons should not be used, and they should be disarmed. The ONLY REASON we dropped the atomic bombs instead of invading was because it would have caused the death of more soldiers than needed. The Pacific theater was ending, and the push to the mainland was progressing even further. Japan was on the defensive, and we simply ended it. The bomb did not solve World War 2, in fact it could have been solved in many other ways. If Japanese soldiers were not so bent on never surrendering, World War 2 would have probably ended after the battle of Leyete Gulf, in fact by this time we were already doing Air Raids over Japan, Thailand, and Korea.

But on the actual subject, hundreds of thousand of innocent civilians were killed in a span of 5 years, and still are today through drone strikers. For every 1 terrorist that dies, 50 other civilians are killed as well.

Back