'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Did anyone else think it was an Alakazam BREAK first based on Marowak's head and gold color?

Cause I totally did...

Pokedex649

"Bruh"
Wait a second, how will this work with Maxie, since it has no printed weakness, resistance or retreat cost, but Maxie still technically doesn't forbid the use of Breaks?

Looks like more banned cards, or reprints with altered wording.

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Is that a secret rare professor's letter at the 10 second mark?
I think it is a reverse.

Wait a second, how will this work with Maxie, since it has no printed weakness, resistance or retreat cost, but Maxie still technically doesn't forbid the use of Breaks?

Looks like more banned cards, or reprints with altered wording.
It has the weakness and resistance and Retreat Cost of the normal Marowak!

Pokedex649

"Bruh"
I think it is a reverse.

It has the weakness and resistance and Retreat Cost of the normal Marowak!
I mean when you use Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick to get Marowak Break into play, without the base form (because Maxie technically allows that). It says it uses the weakness, etc. of the one it's played onto. With Maxie, you don't play it onto anything, just the bench. I apologize, I should've made myself a little more clear

SilverSilent

Dem Eeveelutions
I mean when you use Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick to get Marowak Break into play, without the base form (because Maxie technically allows that). It says it uses the weakness, etc. of the one it's played onto. With Maxie, you don't play it onto anything, just the bench. I apologize, I should've made myself a little more clear

Was about to say, it's just you adding a Fighting type Pokémon from the Discard. It's going to be done the same way like Swampert, Blastoise, or P. Kyogre.

SaiScott95

TCG Fanboy
The point he was making is that Marowak BREAK uses information from the Marowak it evolved from. However, if you use Maxie's Hidden Ball Trick (will refer to as MHBT from now on), then it didn't evolve from anything. This would mean it has no weakness, no resistance, no retreat cost, and only one attack.

The rule printed on the BREAK cards only states it uses information from the base form. It never states that there MUST be a base form. This means that (as far as I'm aware), unless the rulebook gets changed when BREAK is released, nothing is stopping MHBT from working.

Only time will tell.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
The Japanese Pokémon twitter account has also released a cleaner version of Marowak and Marowak BREAK for those who want to take a bit of a better look at it.

As a collector, I'm really not impressed with the BREAK cards at all, sadly. I'm still hoping they'll look better in person (FAs, for example, are much, much cooler in person than in image/scan form), but not holding my break at this point.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I like how Pokemon is starting to release some very nice assets for defensive decks, although ironically defensive decks do my offensive decks absolutely no good.

Shiny Xard

'Cuz why not.
I hate the Pokemon tools that require Special Energy. Not many people use them as they aren't too playable, so why even bother?

The 40 damage less is nice, but it'd be hard to use properly.