'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Pour seems like a good additional attacker for shiftry with leaf draw and it hits fire types. It can hold tons of cards in hand with N out of the format.

CYL

All hail Eevee!
One's 'Fire' toss, another's 'Water' toss, shouldn't the third be 'Grass' toss?

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
I've actually been waiting for this. It sounds stupid, but you can really get some serious draw power with roller skates, deoxys, lucky helmet, and even tierno. I've seen this deck done with metagross, but a stage one is some much better!

tyranicham

Lord of the Ball
Wow, dual resistance! I like that thought, even has a neat little attack that benefits you either way. Plus it can do up to 200 dmg with strong energy and if you put down that fighting stadium you can do 220. However I see it doing about 180 but thats amazing for a non-EX, maybe 200 with tool cards.

tyranicham

Lord of the Ball
Footprints of the herd will be pretty painful if you have all of them out and since Mamoswine is packing 4 retreat cost and you're forced to play Piloswine, you can leave a nasty sting on the opponent.

Spiffo

Aspiring Trainer
I thought those monkey cards were typos but NOPE they get a completely different type of energy than their own. They attack with colorless too, so that's neat.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
I want to say mamoswine seems tentatively strong... Just 1 mamoswine using shrine of memories and piloswines attack with a strong energy and muscle band is 30+80+20+20 = 150, and thats without any other pokemon in play. add a swinub and youre knocking out EXs, plus mamo has a great hp and ability. The big problem is that you kinda HAVE to evolve through the entire line because you need piloswine under the mamoswine to use its ability. And thats rough :S I guess you can turn 2 evolve then wally for a mamoswine...

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
^I think your math is wrong... because Piloswine's attack only does 10 more damage for each [C] in the retreat cost, so if I'm thinking correctly, with the example you gave, it would be 30 + 40 + 20 + 20 = 110. You would need another Mamoswine to do 150...
The way I see it, as cool as the attack is, it's not really viable... you need 2 stage 2's in play with at least 1 of them having a piloswine under it (although Maxie's hidden ball trick can help getting the other mamoswine), a stadium, a tool and at least 1 special energy to do at least 150... A lot of cards do that with much less...

Last edited:

Dino.Collector

@Primal.Army General- Gold Star & Gen 3 Collector
Simisage could definitely be playable in Mega Houndoom decks. It's better than camerupt, because the energy goes straight into your hand, and you get three back instead of only one. Not to mention the fact that the second attack can be used as a backup, and all the attacks are for colorless, which is nice, because you can run it in practically any deck.

Also, I'm relatively new to the competitive TCG, could you use Simisage's attack to get back the new Burning Energy? Or can you only get back normal Fire Energy?

qrorohill

formerly known as TFP
Fire toss,
Water toss and
Green toss.. No wait? Why not Grass toss

Also dus Raikou mean Suicune can be in the next set? I hope so!

Spiffo

Aspiring Trainer
Also, I'm relatively new to the competitive TCG, could you use Simisage's attack to get back the new Burning Energy? Or can you only get back normal Fire Energy?

'fraid not. Burning energy only provides fire energy when attached to a pokemon, and doesn't provide any when in your hand, deck, or discard

Edit: something that targets "Energy Cards" would work, such as Heliolisk's Parabolic Charge, or Thundurus EX's Raiden Knuckle should work, because Burning Energy (and other special energies) are still energy cards. But they don't actually provide any type of energy until attached to a valid target.

Last edited:

TheWicky

Random and evil: first one, then the other
Mamoswine has THREE resistances!

What freaking even.

EDIT-nevermind, I didn't read the word "weakness" over the grass symbol.

Last edited:

HA559

Aspiring Trainer
It would have been good if ability was something that reduces damage done to swinub, piloswine or mamoswine in play by 30 active or in active. That way you could've had cover for Piloswine when using the herd attack. It is too dificult to get the entire linueup,tools, stadium and special energy in play. By then opponent Ex has already knocked you out. I would really like it if someone could win champiosnhips these days with no EX cards, but it is really difficult. I still think it can be done but really slim chance.

Hopefully we get another Water EX card in this set which will pair with a special water energy that we are yet to see. I think special water energy will be one which just boosts your overall hp by 10 or 20. A water pokemon with 100 Hp will have a boost up hp of 110 or 120. I don't see what else they can do to make a special water energy. Alternative would be to remove 1 damage counter from that pokmeon with special water energy between turns. Any other ideas on this anyone?

bowlerdude04

Aspiring Trainer
You can use Team Aqua's Muk / Team Aqua's Secret Base to add damage to Footprints of the Heard (with Secret Base you'd obviously not be able to use the attack through Mamoswine and have to use Piloswine as an attacker, but that might not be so bad)

But like, Piloswine with Strong Energy and a Muscle Band, three Swinub and a Team Aqua's Muk benched, you can hit for 160. With Aqua's Secret Base in play, 200. Start evolving those Swinub, or get another Team Aqua's Muk into play, it just keeps going up. Too bad Piloswine isn't searchable with Heavy or Level Ball...

If you use Mamoswine and Shrine of Memories instead, you do a little less damage but can still get to 180 before you even evolve a second Swinub and you get the extra 60 HP and two resistances.

Still, it's some work to pull off, and vulnerable to anything that does bench damage, but intriguing.