'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

It would have been good if ability was something that reduces damage done to swinub, piloswine or mamoswine in play by 30 active or in active. That way you could've had cover for Piloswine when using the herd attack. It is too dificult to get the entire linueup,tools, stadium and special energy in play. By then opponent Ex has already knocked you out. I would really like it if someone could win champiosnhips these days with no EX cards, but it is really difficult. I still think it can be done but really slim chance.

Hopefully we get another Water EX card in this set which will pair with a special water energy that we are yet to see. I think special water energy will be one which just boosts your overall hp by 10 or 20. A water pokemon with 100 Hp will have a boost up hp of 110 or 120. I don't see what else they can do to make a special water energy. Alternative would be to remove 1 damage counter from that pokmeon with special water energy between turns. Any other ideas on this anyone?

You can use Team Aqua's Muk / Team Aqua's Secret Base to add damage to Footprints of the Heard (with Secret Base you'd obviously not be able to use the attack through Mamoswine and have to use Piloswine as an attacker, but that might not be so bad)

But like, Piloswine with Strong Energy and a Muscle Band, three Swinub and a Team Aqua's Muk benched, you can hit for 160. With Aqua's Secret Base in play, 200. Start evolving those Swinub, or get another Team Aqua's Muk into play, it just keeps going up. Too bad Piloswine isn't searchable with Heavy or Level Ball...

If you use Mamoswine and Shrine of Memories instead, you do a little less damage but can still get to 180 before you even evolve a second Swinub and you get the extra 60 HP and two resistances.

Still, it's some work to pull off, and vulnerable to anything that does bench damage, but intriguing.

Nope, unfortunately "Shining Body" and the similarities in art do not mean I infiltrated Pokemon and helped make a Pokemon card for myself. But if I did, it'd be a lot like this one! :p
IT'S STILL NOT A COINCIDENCE! ILLUMINATI, AND MODERATOR SOUND ALIKE WHY DO YOU THINK THAT IS? ILLUMINATIIIIII!! *cackles and then falls over in pool of his own drool while in a strait jacket*

Sorry,guys but I'll take my reply that Raikou is a Tank. I was wrong. Its Shining Body ability says that has 20 dmg. reduction if it has lightning energy attached to it,and to Mamoswine, EPIC artwork. I think Parallel City (First Holo Stadium Card,for me.) has an involvement on its attack.

One's 'Fire' toss, another's 'Water' toss, shouldn't the third be 'Grass' toss?
Yeah Eevee,It must be Grass toss,if it is sounds good to you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marowak and Marowak BREAK! I can't translate them, can anyone else? I know the regular Marowak has a hit and run attack à la Spinning Turn, and Marowak BREAK has a prize based attack, but I'm not sure about the specifics.

Marowak, why do you have to remain freaking awful. They're giving you a Stage 2 140HP with two situational attacks.

When he was going to say "Break Shinka" I thought he would say "BREAK RIDE!!!!". Maybe I'm in the wrong TCG :p

Guys, sure this is essentially stage 2. What do you expect from something with such potential?

Milotic kills itself, sets up 2 Pokemon with ability, and now BREAK is doing 60-130 damage for 2 energy.

60 for base
20 if using band
20 if 1 strong energy
30 if opponent is ex and you have fighting stadium

and it only gets stronger from there.

This card deserves some credit and deserves testing before anyone bashes it. it has potential.

It's a shame that these BREAK Pokémon don't qualify as secret rares...

...they'll certainly have some collectible value, though.

Back