BW/BW2 Black City & White Forest: What's the trick?

What about Pokémon events? I've found that when I go to these card tournaments, I find people to Entralink with. I'd bet it's even more so if you go to the VGCs. (Do they allow you to spectate at VGCs?)

Ophie said:
(Do they allow you to spectate at VGCs?)
Depends on whether or not the staff are okay with it, but the answer is generally no.

Depends on what you mean by spectating. Do you mean looking over someone's shoulder while they play in the tournament or just hanging out in a different part of the room for trading and such? If you mean overlooking battles, no. If you mean hanging out at one of the free tables and battling or trading, sure. There are tons of people who hang out in the corners and trade and such, but don't actually participate in the tourney.

I'm a high rank statistician due to random connections to some of the people who "spectate". I also jump into thier games occasionally via Entralink. It's fun. If you live near a VGC area, and even if you don't plan on playing, you should totally just go for the entralink and such. :)

I got my forest filled over the weekend thanks to the abundance of people in the Entralink at the same time :3

They let us spectate matches too. It was fun :)

Rusticks said:
I got my forest filled over the weekend thanks to the abundance of people in the Entralink at the same time :3

They let us spectate matches too. It was fun :)

Which VGC did you go to? The Athens, Ga one didn't have the TVs set up for viewing matches.. Just curious if other VGCs had em.

What about those that can't go? I can't go to those. At this rate I will never get my grass back. It sucks the way they do things. They need to work better on those who can't make it to these things let alone buy a 2nd DS and the other version. They knew that not everyone can do this. They knew from the start that they could have fixed it so the grass will be there in the forest. They should have never left it up to the extarlink in order to get it back. That was stupid on their part. Shame on them.:(

xxashxx said:
What about those that can't go? I can't go to those. At this rate I will never get my grass back. It sucks the way they do things. They need to work better on those who can't make it to these things let alone buy a 2nd DS and the other version. They knew that not everyone can do this. They knew from the start that they could have fixed it so the grass will be there in the forest. They should have never left it up to the extarlink in order to get it back. That was stupid on their part. Shame on them.:(

Well, it's supposed to be a feature that takes advantage of connecting to friends the same way trading always has. You don't really need two DS's and two games... just friends who play. That being said, look for a local league. If there's not one around, then start one. Anyone can! That'd solve your Entralink problem, and you'd get free promos and stuff too. You'll also meet people near you who play. Trust me, they're around. My league generally has 20 people there every week, and over 40+ total members.

There's not much you can do if you don't know others who have DSs and Pokemon BW games too, xxashxx. The only reason I have two DS Lite systems is because the hinges kept breaking on them and I needed a replacement for my oldest one, which I gave away. I usually keep my gaming systems so long as they can still play, but I also upgrade to something newer after several years (and, most recently, to the 3DS).

I only have a second DS because I won it in a TCG tournament. But I think I lost my White Version so I can't rehabilitate my Black CIty

SuperMatt142 said:
Well, it's supposed to be a feature that takes advantage of connecting to friends the same way trading always has. You don't really need two DS's and two games... just friends who play. That being said, look for a local league. If there's not one around, then start one. Anyone can! That'd solve your Entralink problem, and you'd get free promos and stuff too. You'll also meet people near you who play. Trust me, they're around. My league generally has 20 people there every week, and over 40+ total members.

I would not be able to do that XD. I live in a remote area where there are not that many people around who play the Pokemon games XD.:)

Back