Games Big Brother 12: Beach

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
2VUl9PI.jpg

Big Brother 12: Beach
Hosted by @Lorde and @Celever

Welcome to Big Brother 12: Beach (or BB12)! This summer, we’re hitting the beach to enjoy the sun and the sea. But don’t worry, there are still plenty of new twists, competitions, and other surprises along the way! In the past, we’ve had many seasons with a newbie or veteran preference, but this season is open to absolutely everyone! To apply for a chance to play in the game, fill out this application. If you’re new, I also suggest checking out the PokéBeach Big Brother Wiki, a page that has records of every season in the series so far. Before you do that, though, take a few minutes to read through all the information below to make sure you get how Big Brother works.

Alliances are of course permitted, and strongly encouraged. You may make as many alliances as you’d like to with other houseguests. This can be done through Discord group DMs. However, the hosts (Lorde and Celever) must be added to the conversation.

The game cannot be discussed with any evicted houseguests. As always, this is a rule I am taking very seriously. If you have a Discord alliance with any evicted houseguests, please remove them (or if you have been evicted, leave your alliance chats). Additionally, outside communication about the game with non-houseguests is not allowed.

In this game, screenshots may be necessary for some challenge submissions. When signing up, make sure your device is able to take a screenshot, otherwise you will have problems when you need one. When you submit a score, you must show proof the screenshot is yours. This can be done by having your PokéBeach account in another tab, or by putting your account name on a Notepad. Whatever works to prove the screenshot was taken by you.
There will be little tolerance for inactivity in the game. In order to keep the game flowing naturally and on track, a warning system is in place for anyone unable to submit for competitions or vote at eviction. If you fail to submit your nominations or a POV competition, you will receive a double offense, and will given 12 more hours to make up the decision.

Example:
Warning #1: If you miss a competition or vote, you will be given a slight warning.
Warning #2: If you miss a second competition or vote, you will be given a more severe warning.
Warning #3: If you miss three or more competitions or votes, you risk being expelled and removed from the game at our discretion.

It is perfectly okay to send in conditional submissions (ex: “In case I’m not online again, my vote is for Lorde, but don’t lock that in”). I will be able to take those and count them if you’re unavailable by the deadline. If you’re unable to submit for a competition, or don’t want to, just let the hosts know and you won’t be warned. We will try not to warn you when we can justify it, so please, if you’re busy just let us know and you’ll probably be fine.
If you're familiar with the works of the game, you'll notice that nothing has changed, and that the standard weekly format is the same. If not, please read through this carefully and ensure that you understand this sequence:

Head of Household (HOH):
This is the first competition and event of a week, a competition that everyone except the previous HOH competes in. The winner of this competition becomes the Head of Household for the week, giving them immunity and control over the nominees.

Nomination Ceremony:
After the HOH has been crowned, they will then make their nominees. The 2 players that the HOH picks are now up for eviction, and are at risk of being eliminated from the game.

Power of Veto (POV):
After the nominees have been selected, the Power of Veto will begin. The only houseguests participating in this competition will be the HOH, the nominees, and 3 other randomly selected houseguests. The winner will be able to save 1 of the HOH's nominees, and if 1 of them is saved the HOH must nominate someone to replace them (though this cannot be the winner of the POV, immunity is gained in addition to the power).

Eviction:
After all of the above events have happened, the players will all vote on who will leave the Big Brother house. The player with the most votes will be evicted, and out of the game.
The Jury:
After a certain amount of time, it will be announced that the houseguests remaining have reached the jury phase of the game. This means that everyone left in the house will either be in the Final 2, or a part of the jury. The jury members will cast their vote for 1 of the 2 finalists to win the game.

Finalists:
At the end of the game, there will only be 2 houseguests left. During the finale, these 2 will face the jury, and plead their cases to win to them. The jury will be able to ask them questions, to make things clear about their gameplay. The finalist who receives the most votes from the jury will be crowned the winner of Big Brother 12!

The password is PBB is back baby!

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Game Start:

Hello houseguests, welcome to the 12th season of PokéBeach Big Brother! We’re so glad you’re back for the first season in a while, and we’re even more excited that you’ll get to go through many ups, downs, and eventually someone will rise up and take home this season’s crown. But first, you all have to see who you’re playing with…

Alright, let’s get to it! This has already been revealed in the server, but I might as well post it here. There are 12 houseguests back for this season, a mix of new and old, and they’re here to stay for a summer of blindsides, drama, and a pressure-cooker environment that just might boil over. Let’s start with the 10 veteran houseguests:

- Amici (@Amici) -- (BB7, BB9)
- Aria (@Jacklongkawaii) -- (BB9, BB10)
- Brave (@Brave Vesperia) -- (BB4, BB8, BB9)
- Draskk (@Draskk) -- (BB4, BB5, BB6)
- Ephemera (@Ephemera) -- (BB7, BB8, BB10)
- Flour (@EurekaTingz) -- (BB6, BB7, BB8, BB10)
- Hermes (@Hermes) -- (BB4, BB5, BB8)
- Mars (@Mars) -- (BB11)
- Scattered (@scattered mind) -- (BB1, BB9, BB10)
- Senkun (@Senkun) -- (BB10, BB11)

Now moving on to the 2 new faces entering the house:

- Anna (@matsubara)
- Jabber (@Jabberwock)

Welcome to the game houseguests! There’s a lot in store for you this season, but this time? I won’t be disclosing anything just yet. You’ll have to wait for some of that… but it might be wise to expect something later this week.

The first HOH has dropped, and it's called Free For All! Here are @Celever's instructions that were posted.

Welcome to the first competition of the season!! This comp will take place over 3 subsequent 24 hour periods, but only one small choice needs to be made during the first period. We recommend using this time to get to know each other -- reconvene with old friends, make up with old enemies, and forge brand new connections with our newbies! This first comp is a bit of a doozy and will require you talk to everyone if you want to do well, so forging connections is the name of the game right now.

The first thing you all need to do, which is your job over the next 24 hours, is to submit a Pokémon Type or Type Combination. For instance, you could submit Grass, or Dark/Fairy. You can even use type combinations that don't exist already!

These types will be your defensive types over the upcoming battle. Each player starts with 200 HP. An attack that is neutrally effective will deal 4 damage; not-very-effective deals 2; quad-resisted deals 1; and a type immunity deals 0. On the other hand, a super-effective attack deals 8 damage, and a quad super-effective attack deals 16!

Each round you will choose to attack ALL of your opponents with ONE type of attack. This does not have to be either of the types in your type combination; a Normal/Water-Type player may use a Fire-Type attack, for example.

At the end of the first round, I will announce how much damage each player did to each opponent PUBLICLY, in this chat. I will not announce what types were used. The type that each player is is also never revealed.

At the end, we will sum each player's total damage dealt and their total remaining HP. The player with the highest sum of the two will win HoH for Week 1. This means that if you want to do well, you need to effectively resist others' attacks, AND effectively deal damage to others.

You will submit your type combinations in your DR. The first round will convene when this is completed.

Have fun, and trust no one!

At this point, you all have 22 hours, at 3PM EST on June 21st to submit your type combinations. Besides that? Take your time, get settled in, and maybe mingle a bit too. This time is all yours.

Nyora

A Cat
Oh that's a cool first challenge, wish i was able to play lol. For anyone playing though, Normal or Lightning is the best type, shoot for Ground or Fighting offensively. Ice if you really wanna call what other people are going for.

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 1:

Hello audience and players alike! Week 1, as you know, has already begun. The HOH competition was Free For All, which played out for the past few days, until we’ve crowned a winner. As I have already announced in the server… congratulations @Ephemera, you are the first Head of Household of the season!

Special Announcement:

But before I let you all off the hook, I do have a special announcement to make. This season, the very house you’re living in is not as it seems. Over the course of the season, rooms will appear and disappear, with each room unleashing a different twist on the house… that means all of you!

I am of course bringing this up now because I have to reveal the first room! If you’ve watched the last season of CBS Big Brother this will sound familiar to you, because it’s pretty much an identical twist! Welcome to the Safety Suite!

Now make sure you understand this. For the first 3 weeks of this season, the first room: the Safety Suite will be open! As a result, all 12 of you have been given a Safety Suite Pass After each HOH competition, there will be a 24 hour period where the houseguests (excluding the HOH) will have the opportunity to enter the Safety Suite to compete in a competition. The winner of the competition will win immunity for the week, and will choose a ‘Plus One’ to be immune alongside them!

However, keep in mind that you will only be able to scan your Safety Suite Pass once. For example, if you choose to scan your pass this week, you will not be able to scan your pass during the Week 2 or 3 Safety Suite competitions. It should also be noted that for these first 3 weeks, the HOH will not nominate houseguests for eviction until after this competition has played out.

Got that? Good, ‘cause I’m not done.

Special Announcement:

It’s time to reveal a second twist that will be taking effect immediately! For the first time in PBB history, we have decided to try out the Have-Not twist! Every week, there will be a certain amount of Have-Nots. For this first week they’ve been determined by competition, and as the lowest scorers in the first HOH: @Jacklongkawaii, @Senkun, and @Mars have been named this season’s first Have-Nots. However, most of the time Have-Nots will be selected by last week’s Have-Nots!

Now, it’s time to actually talk about what this means. What are Have-Nots? Well, basically, Have-Nots are a certain special group of people who face certain punishments. These include but are not limited to:
- Spam pinging in the #houseguest-chat in the main server.
- Minor disadvantages in that week’s POV competitions if they are picked.

There’s plenty in store with the Have-Not twist this season. Current Have-Nots, you will be notified of your punishments in the #houseguest-chat shortly. Hopefully none of you enjoy it. p>

I know that that’s a lot to unpack, so feel free to ask Cel and I questions as needed. Again, you all have 24 hours, or until June 24th at 3PM EST to decide whether or not you wish to scan your Safety Suite Pass.

Last edited:

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Safety Suite: Results

Hello houseguests! It’s time to reveal how the first Safety Suite competition went down. As was stated in the server, Draskk and Flour swiped their Safety Suite Passes, and were the 2 players who competed in this competition. The competition they played was 2048! Without further ado, here are the results...

1st place: @EurekaTingz with 6,516 points!
2nd place: @Draskk with 6,220 points!

Congratulations Flour, you have won this week’s Safety Suite competition, and are immune for the week! Also, since I asked you who your Plus One would be in the event you won, I’ll reveal that as well. Flour has chosen… @Draskk to be immune alongside him! Congratulations to both of you!

Now, shifting gears. @Ephemera is still this week’s HOH, and they still have to name 2 nominees. They just can’t be Flour or Draskk. Alright Ephe, you have 24 hours or until June 26th at 3PM EST to name your nominations.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Power of Veto:

Alright! Ephemera has nominated Aria and Scattered for eviction. Now, the Power of Veto will commence. The HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 randomly selected houseguests will compete for the Power of Veto! As for the competition? Well, coming back after its appearance in BB11…

Falling Circles!

Participants:
HOH: @Ephemera
Nominee: @Jacklongkawaii
Nominee: @scattered mind
Random Draw: @EurekaTingz
Random Draw: @Draskk
Random Draw: @Hermes

The houseguest who survives the… well, falling circles I guess, will win the Power of Veto! Only the 6 people tagged above under ‘participants’ are competing in this competition. You have until June 28th at 3PM EST to stay alive for as long as you can, giving you 48.5 hours.

A reminder that you need a source of documentation for your submissions (your name, a PokéBeach tab, etc.) to prove the screenshot was taken by you. As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on, or through a Notepad app, that's fine. All submissions must be made directly to the host either through 1-on-1 DMs or through your Diary Room (preferably the latter, though). If a submission is invalid, you will be notified and be told what the problem is.

Discussion in any 1-on-1 chats and alliances is allowed.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Power of Veto: Results

Alright! The POV competition has concluded, and now it’s time to reveal the results! Looking at the top 3 placements, we have...

1st place: @Draskk with 4:08!
2nd place: @Hermes with 2:58!
3rd place: @scattered mind with 2:26!

Congratulations Draskk, you have won the first Power of Veto of the season! You have 23 hours, or until June 29th at 3PM EST to decide who you will save with the POV, or if you will keep the nominations the same.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Eviction Ceremony:

Alright! With the POV discarded, that leaves Aria and Scattered up as our final nominees. As Head of Household, Ephemera cannot vote, and the nominees also cannot vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted by tagging me in your DR, and making your decision. There are 9 people voting, so it takes 5 votes to be evicted this week.

Houseguests, you have 24 hours, or until June 30th at 2PM EST to cast your votes to evict. You are able to change your vote throughout this time, but at deadline votes will be locked, and either Aria or Scattered will be the first houseguest evicted this season.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 1-2: Recap

Hello everyone! Though PB had crashed, the game continued in the Discord server and has moved along just fine! Below is a list recapping everything that happened while the forums were down:

- By a vote of 9-0, Aria was evicted from the Big Brother house.
- Week 2's HOH competition was a Scavenger Hunt. In the end, Anna ended up winning the Scavenger Hunt with 109 points!
- Senkun was the only player to enter the Safety Suite, and had to beat a set score in the competition Avoider. He succeeded, and chose to name Hermes as his Plus One.
- Anna then nominated Amy-Kate and Mars.
- The POV competition was Doodle Cricket. In the end, Mars won the competition with 460 points! He chose to use the veto on himself.
- Ephemera was named the replacement nominee.
- By a vote of 6-2, Ephemera was evicted from the Big Brother house.

Week 3:

Alright everyone! With that recap out of the way, let's get on to week 3! Two houseguests down, but many more of you must go. Between what I have up my sleeve as well as what your competition might, you are warned to stay on your toes... It's still early, don't feel so secure.

Head of Household:

Alright houseguests, getting straight into the HOH... your competition is...

A Quiz!

Simply tag a host in your DR when you are available to complete the quiz, completion should take no more than 15 minutes maximum (and honestly I'm overshooting, it shouldn't even take that much). You do not need to worry about verifying anything considering you will be taking the quiz live in one sitting. The person who scores the highest on this quiz will be the new Head of Household! You guys have 47 hours, or until July 9th at 3PM EST to take the quiz. Good luck!

Discussion about the quiz or its contents in 1-on-1 chats or alliances is not allowed.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Head of Household: Results

Alright houseguests, the competition is over! You all have completed the quiz, and now it’s time to reveal the results! Before I proceed, I should say that once again, you all lowballed the hell out of the tiebreaker, the answer was 23 past houseguests. Anyways, let’s reveal the top 3 standings…

1st place: @Senkun with 12/12 points (Tiebreak: 16)!
2nd place: @Draskk with 12/12 points (Tiebreak: 13)!
3rd place: @Brave Vesperia with 12/12 points (Tiebreak: Timed Out)!

Congratulations Senkun, you are the new Head of Household! But again, you’ll have to hold off on your nomination duties until after the Safety Suite competition.

Safety Suite:

For the third and final time this season, the Safety Suite is now open! This time, every houseguest who has not already scanned their Safety Suite Pass has been automatically entered into the competition. The competition will be sent to the houseguests momentarily, and you all will have 24 hours to score as high as possible.

Have-Nots:

Moving on to Have-Nots! As you all know, @Amici and @Draskk were last week’s Have-Nots. Below is who they each named to replace them as a new Have-Not.

Amici has named @matsubara.
Draskk has named @Brave Vesperia.

Their punishments will be revealed in the #big-brother-house channel in the server in the morning because it's like 1:30AM in the morning and I cannot be bothered.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Safety Suite: Results

Hello houseguests! It’s time to reveal how the third and final Safety Suite competition went down. As was stated in the server, everyone who hadn’t previously swiped their Safety Suite Pass during the first 2 weeks was automatically entered into the Safety Suite competition. This week’s competition was Multitask. Without further ado, the winner with 305 points is...

Congratulations @Hermes, you have won this week’s Safety Suite competition, and are immune for the week! Also, since I asked you who your Plus One would be in the event you won, I’ll reveal that as well. Hermes has chosen… @Brave Vesperia to be immune alongside him! Congratulations to both of you!

Now, back to the HOH. @Senkun is this week’s HOH, and he still has to name 2 nominees. They just can’t be Hermes or Brave. Alright Sen, you have 24 hours or until July 11th at 1AM EST to name your nominations.

Senkun

Aspiring Trainer
I decided to nominate @Amici and @matsubara . It's a hard decision as the whole house is really nice but I had to decide with the talks we had so far. Good luck for the pov.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Power of Veto:

Alright! Senkun has nominated Amy-Kate and Anna for eviction. Now, the Power of Veto will commence. The HOH, the 2 nominees, and 3 randomly selected houseguests will compete for the Power of Veto! As for the competition? Well, a brand-new flash game has entered the fray…

Zrist!

Participants:
HOH: @Senkun
Nominee: @Amici
Nominee: @matsubara
Random Draw: @EurekaTingz
Random Draw: @Mars
Random Draw: @Jabberwock

The houseguest who scores the highest with the rapidly changing gamemodes will win the Power of Veto! Only the 6 people tagged above under ‘participants’ are competing in this competition. You have until July 11th at 3PM EST to stay alive for as long as you can, giving you just shy of 31 hours. As stated earlier, this POV was going to be shorter as a result of adjusting back to the previous deadline routine.

A reminder that you need a source of documentation for your submissions (your name, a PokéBeach tab, etc.) to prove the screenshot was taken by you. As long as it's visible on-screen, drawn on, or through a Notepad app, that's fine. All submissions must be made directly to the host either through 1-on-1 DMs or through your Diary Room (preferably the latter, though). If a submission is invalid, you will be notified and be told what the problem is.

Discussion in any 1-on-1 chats and alliances is allowed.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Power of Veto: Results

Alright! The POV competition has concluded, and now it’s time to reveal the results! Looking at the top 3 placements, we have...

1st place: @matsubara with 76,500 points!
2nd place: @EurekaTingz with 67,200 points!
3rd place: @Senkun with 55,200 points!

Congratulations Anna, you have won the Power of Veto! You have 24 hours, or until July 12th at 3PM EST to decide who you will save with the POV, or if you will keep the nominations the same.

Last edited:

matsubara

anna
hi yall, AK and I were put up for eviction and I won the POV. I'm going to use the veto on myself. GL everyone <3

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Eviction Ceremony:

Alright! Senkun has named his replacement over Discord due to reasons, so... Amy-Kate and Jabber are our final nominees for the week. As Head of Household, Senkun cannot vote, and the nominees also cannot vote. Everyone else, please privately cast your vote for the nominee you want to be evicted by tagging me in your DR, and making your decision. There are 7 people voting, so it takes 4 votes to be evicted this week.

Houseguests, you have 24 hours, or until July 13th at 8AM EST to cast your votes to evict. You are able to change your vote throughout this time, but at deadline votes will be locked, and either Amy-Kate or Jabber will be the third houseguest evicted.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Eviction: Results

Houseguests. The votes are in. When I reveal the vote, the evicted houseguest will have just a few moments to say goodbye, gather his or her belongings, and walk out the front door. By a vote… of 7-0...

@Amici, you have been evicted from the Big Brother house. Please say your goodbyes.

We’re down 3 houseguests, only 9 of you remain. Week 4’s HOH will be posted in 6 hours, at 3PM EST today.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Week 4:

Alright everyone! It's week 4, the game is moving along! By now, you've all had to make decisions. Who would you nominate, what would do with a POV, who would you vote to evict? Those decisions only get harder, houseguests. I suggest you pay attention to this post, there's plenty of important information here.

Head of Household:

Alright houseguests, getting straight into the HOH. Make sure to read the rules spoiler below it. A competition that's being brought back for the first time in 10 seasons, it's...

The Straw Game!

Rules:
There will be 3 rounds of this game, with 6 rounds of picking straws in total. In the first round you will only need to pick 1 straw, you'll pick 2 straws in the second round, and 3 in the third one. What this means is for Round 2, I'll give you 2 separate "batches" of straws, and you'll all pick 1 straw in each batch.

Each straw will have a different length (length = points) associated with it. All of the people who choose a certain straw will split the total length evenly among them. If no one else picks their straw, they get the entire length of the straw to themselves.
Ex: Lorde and Celever both select straw A of length 1000 and NP selects straw B of length 800. Lorde and Celever both get straws of length 500, and NP gets a straw of length 800 added to their total.

The options for each round's straws will be distributed individually in your DRs, and I'll post round updates in #host-announcements at the end of each round. All you guys need to do is pick your straws each round. The houseguest with the most length after these 3 rounds will be crowned the new Head of Household!

Each round will last a maximum of 24 hours, but if everyone submits their straws before the deadline ends, I will post results then (if you can't tell I am encouraging you all to not make this comp last 3 days, so if you can please be prompt). As outgoing HOH, @Senkun will not be competing in this competition. If you fail to send in a straw within 24 hours, you'll gain zero points. If you have any questions, just ask and I will clarify.

Discussion about picking straws or this HOH in general in 1-on-1 chats or alliances is not allowed.

Room Announcement:

Before I leave you all today, I do have an announcement to make. As you all know, the Safety Suite was the first room to be introduced this season, and it has officially closed. There will no more Safety Suite competitions after the HOH, and we will move right into nominations. But when one room ends, another begins. Houseguests... welcome to the Veiled Vault!

Now to explain myself. For the next 3 weeks of this season (including this one), this Veiled Vault will be open! At the start of the week, the houseguest that survived last week's eviction will enter this room, where they will have a chance to win a power to help them in the game.

As the houseguest who was on the block last week and survived the vote, @Jabberwock was the first to enter this room. He’s completed this game in advance of this announcement, and so I can announce that Jabber has won immunity for the week, and cannot be nominated! As a result of winning immunity, however, he will not compete in this HOH.

Special Announcement:

Alright houseguests, I have a treat for you all. Because I'm in a benevolent mood, there will be no Have-Nots for the week; there will be no punishments for anyone! @matsubara and @Brave Vesperia still have to endure their profile picture punishment until this HOH is over, but after that? You're all off the hook. Enjoy your week off! What this does mean is that Week 5's HOH down the line will decide who the new Have-Nots are, as we will be picking the twist back up from there.

Once again this was an infodump, so ask us questions if you have them! Again, you all have 24 hours, or until July 14th at 3PM EST to submit your straws for Round 1.