best pokemon? plz come to this thread and help me

RE: best pokemon? please come to this thread and help me

Yes but the type also varies on your iv's go to this web site for more information
http://www.serebii.net/games/hidden-power.shtml

I never said the type weren't based off IV's I said the move is based off the IV's which includes type AND BP

o ok sry bout that didnt know what you mean and im gonna try out the whimiscott and do you know any good move sets for volcorona or lucario

Do you know what they were using? You should look up counters for their set. Anyway, here's my combination for Chandelure (btw I use 2 different Chandelures for single/double battles):

Single
Chandelure - Bold @ Quick Claw
Shadow Tag Ability
252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp. Def
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower/Fire Blast
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Double
Chandelure - Bold @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Shadow Tag Ability
252 HP/64 Def/64 Sp. Def/128 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Dream Eater

The second one leads with Breloom:

Breloom - Adamant @ Toxic Orb
Poison Heal Ability
44 HP/252 Atk/212 Speed
- Substitute
- Spore
- Focus Punch
- Stone Edge

With 31 IVs each in speed, and the given EVs, Breloom ends up 1 point higher in Speed, so Spore followed by Dream Eater is perfect (especially w/ Leftovers for extra healing).

I know what he was using but when we battle again he is gonna be using different pokemon that i ahvent seen him use

Single
Chandelure - Bold @ Quick Claw
Shadow Tag Ability
252 HP/128 Def/128 Sp. Def
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Psychic

Double
Chandelure - Bold @ Leftovers/Life Orb
Shadow Tag Ability
252 HP/64 Def/64 Sp. Def/128 Speed
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Dream Eater

Why bold? I use modest so he can sweep the shuckle out of other pokemon :p

Oops, Single is supposed to Modest :p. For double battles, Im taking the "glass" out of glass cannon and bulking him up a bit. You could switch the 64 EVs in Sp. Def to Def and replace Substitute with Calm Mind, but its pretty much designed to bring power to the wall (Breloom). Not to mention, it covers Breloom's weaknesses like no other (Beats Psychic, Ice, Poison, and Bug), while Breloom keeps its back safe, too. (beats Water, Ground, Rock, and Dark)

Dude, why do you have Dream Eater.

1. You don't have a sleep move.
2. Dream Eater sucks.

Also, about bulky Chandelure:

1. There isn't anything to bulk up. You can't improve something that doesn't exist.
2. You aren't running ANY Speed or Special Attack. You just become an insanely weak frail Pokemon if you do that. Please actually test your movesets before you suggest them to other people.

Hatman: I have tested this and it works. That Chandelure is NOT for Single battles (it would be horrendous). Its only for Double battles paired with Breloom, Ev trained 1 point higher in Speed so I can use Spore and Dream Eater in succession.

I realize that it cant become bulky, Dream Eater, plus full training in HP, Def, and Sp. Def, or even a Focus Sash and different EV training helps this set stay alive (although I already have a Focus Sash user)

does anybody else have good movesets and stuff like that

The original question was this:
Here is my question what pokemon should i use for wifi battles make it look like this.
Therefore all your suggestions about unattainable Dream World Pokemon, including Shadow Tag Chandelure, are moot.

As for Whimsicott, I run a set that goes like this:
Calm, Lefties, Prankster, 252 SpDef, then after that, dump as many EVs as you can into HP to make it divisible by 8 (for the Lefties), and the rest into Def.
Cotton Guard/Substitute/Leech Seed/Taunt
Quite probably the best all-around Whimsicott set you can have. Taunt is absolutely crucial, and you need to know when to use it. Use it as soon as possible on Pokemon that like to buff up before attacking. And Whimsicott can't really switch in to a whole lot, so timing is everything.

There are also the simpler sets you can do:
Volcarona, Timid/Modest, Focus Sash, Flame Body, 252 SpA 252 Spe 6 HP
Quiver Dance/Flamethrower/Psychic/Bug Buzz OR U-Turn
Best used as a lead, since he's terribly weak to SR. Sash guarantees at least 1 QD, and you only need to use QD once anyway.

Starmie, Timid/Modest, Life Orb/Expert Belt, Natural Cure, 252 SpA 252 Spe 6 HP
Surf/Psychic OR Psyshock/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam
Your basic revenge kill Starmie. I use Psyshock over Psychic, so I can hit Blissey, which can dent her HP significantly (about 40%).

Mienshao, Jolly, Life Orb, Regenerator, 252 Atk 180 Spe 78 HP
Fake Out/U-Turn/Hi Jump Kick/Rock Slide OR Stone Edge
Fake Out lead. Start with FO and U-Turn to scout the team and use Regenerator to heal all the HP back. Alternatively you can just hit hard with HJK and Rock Slide (to cover Flying-type weakness).

Ferrothorn, Sassy/Careful, Rocky Helmet, Iron Barbs, 222 HP 144 Def 144 SpDef
Leech Seed/Stealth Rock/Bulldoze/Thunder Wave
This involves breeding with Torterra, as he's the only one that can pass on both Leech Seed AND SR. (Hatch a Turtwig in a 4th gen game, then teach it TM Stealth Rock before you transfer it over.) The strategy here is basically to do a bunch of residual damage and force a lot of switches (he goes well with a Pokemon that has Dragon Tail). And, if your opponent has a Fake Out lead (Ambipom being a very common one), switch this evil guy in who will not only take the blow for about 5% HP damage, but punish your opponent for 25% worth of their HP.

...those are some fun sets I use from time to time.

@DNA Don't run cotton guard, as they can just hit you with a special move. Also, I would run giga drain or something so you're not taunt bait yourself.

My Volcarona for single battle:
Modest nature
EVs: 252 in sp. atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
item: focus sash
moves: hidden power water, bug buzz, fiery dance, hurricane.
31 ivs in sp. atk.
I use him to start off with.

I have hidden power water for fires and other stuff. hurricane works good for bugs and other volcaronas. fiery dance ups my special attack half the time it seems, so it ends up being better than flamethrower.

dragonpulse20 said:
My Volcarona for single battle:
Modest nature
EVs: 252 in sp. atk, 252 spd, 4 hp
item: focus sash
moves: hidden power water, bug buzz, fiery dance, hurricane.
31 ivs in sp. atk.
I use him to start off with.

I have hidden power water for fires and other stuff. hurricane works good for bugs and other volcaronas. fiery dance ups my special attack half the time it seems, so it ends up being better than flamethrower.
I would run quiver dance, it lets you sweep like crazy.

@DNA Don't run cotton guard, as they can just hit you with a special move.
I run Calm with 252 SpDef EV investment. I'm not stupid. As for Giga Drain? Bad idea, as it doesn't get benefit from Prankster, and I won't become Taunt bait because my Taunt gets priority.

And yeah, you will probably want to run Quiver Dance over Hurricane. Volcarona cannot afford to get hit.

DNA said:
@DNA Don't run cotton guard, as they can just hit you with a special move.
I run Calm with 252 SpDef EV investment. I'm not stupid. As for Giga Drain? Bad idea, as it doesn't get benefit from Prankster, and I won't become Taunt bait because my Taunt gets priority.

And yeah, you will probably want to run Quiver Dance over Hurricane. Volcarona cannot afford to get hit.
I didn't say you were stupid, but your sdef maxes out at 273. So all you're doing for cotton guard is wasting a turn. Giga drain is not a bad idea, because what are you going to do after you start subseeding? Cotton guard is just, well bad IMO. Also, you will be taunt bait if you're battling another whismicott.
PS Magic Guard???

Giga drain is not a bad idea, because what are you going to do after you start subseeding?
Use Cotton Guard, of course.
The bit is, there are several different ways to run Whimsicott, and that's the way I've chosen to run it. (As for mirror match Whimsicott? I know that can happen and I plan ahead for it just in case.)
Moving back to the topic at hand, then...

i originally did have quiver dance, but i mainly just do the wifi battle train and it is quicker to just attack, i dont have time to power up. and the coverage is nice

Quiver Dance saved my a__ when fighting the Brains, especially Multi. (If I didn't use T1 Quiver Dance, I lost.) You don't always need to use it, but it turns your 2HKO into a 1HKO and gives you bolstering besides.

Back