Best Play for States!

my friend got top cut with TTAR plenty times. Its a savage deck with the right tech. I wont spoil it, but the deck does suffer in topcut due to being slower.

I think the best play is Luxchomp tho... everyone at states should just play luxchomp to make it fair.

I don't think T-Tar is the play. I definitely agree that this group is underrating Sablelock though, I still think it's tier 1. Not sure if I would play it though. I would say the play for states is either still Luxchomp, or a heavily teched Vilegar. I don't think lostgar is going to be significant yet, but it's definitely on the radar.

With the advent of LostGar, your not fighting your opponent. You're fighting the clock. If they have an even slightly reasonable start they will likely will turn 6, and there's nothing you can do about it. (yes I said nothing) So you can only hope to win before they do. Therefore the only decks that are viable in the format are the ones that can get a knockout every turn. So SP is the only real contender.

Actually, they can get a T4-5 with PGX, which my lead me to not run Pluff, instead, run a deck that can get rid of its Pokemon. Gigas does that amazingly, Junk Arm away my low Pokemon count, SSU benched, Junk Arm/Regimove away. If you have no bench and no Pokemon left in the deck, theres nothing they can do. Though no bench really hurts, because my build relys a lot on multiple Set-Ups, and Trade Off. But during one game, they couldn't win because I collector'd, then Junk Arm'd away all Pokemon in the deck. That sound very stupid, but if the only Pokemon not LZ'd or discarded is Gigas X, they can't do anything, unless the want to Level down, and hope for a lucky Judge/ Spiritomb TR, and the second I draw it I just level-up. Still, being unable to keep and Mespirt lock hurts (a ton), there is almost nothing they can do. Everyone will disagree with this method I know, but it does work.

I like Sablock for a few reasons:
If it locks, it wins.
It doesn't get locked by Sablock.
It can control an SP game with Chatot G after all the opponent's Cyrus are used. Initiative can also work anytime in a tight later midgame when the opponent has one Cyrus.
Dark Pokemon main attackers in Seniors is outstanding~

DNA is totally right; it is luck-reliant, and I hate that too [hypocrite ;P], so it's pretty low on my list of plays for States. It's no fun to play, it's no fun to play against, and if I want a perfect record, I don't want to have to flip coins for it.

~L_X_F

At least someone agrees with me on Sablelock being terrible. thanks lxf =D
Dark Pokemon main attackers in Seniors is outstanding~
I agree.

^Are you in seniors?

Lol, LuxChomp aint even tier 1 anymore. It's going down. Not to say it won't do good though, just not really the best play for states imo.

Ya, I'm in seinors. I agree with your statement that there is no "best" play for states. I belive it because for every deck there is a deck that can nearly auto win aginst it if you know what I mean.

At mr 619

What makes you think luxchomp won't be as good? It has good match ups across the board and could potentially tech vs anything in your meta. Sp plus
teching power plus disruption = win. I think it'll be just as good. Magnezones really nice. No truly bad match ups according you get setup.

^agreed magnezone is a smart play. As long as you can get set up, the deck has plenty of self support to keep it going.

I'm pretty sure they're talking about Magnezone Prime+Regirock LA.

Which magnezone?? There are like 3 different magnezone decks out there.
I'm pretty sure it's the one that came first; a combination of Magnezone SF-5 (Magnetic Search) and Magnezone SF-6 (Super Connectivity). It can keep itself going almost indefinitely once set up, and has plenty of HP to hold its own (120, or even 140 LV.X).

^I ran that 2 years ago when SF came out. I just doesn't do enough damage to even make a dent in SP. A combination of Magnezone prime + some SF magnezones and a pachirisu or two works pretty well.

See people this is why I asked!! But IMO I think that magnezone Prime is the best among the magnezone decks.
Semi-off topic:
what do you guys think the best play is for seinors?

Josh L Luxchomp is probably going to be way up there, at least in my state I think. I'd say Dialgachomp has a fair shot too. I'm not sure what else to say because the Seniors meta around here is overrun by SPs.

To be honest, I think Magnezone Prime is overrated. Most of the Magnezone Prime builds have a hard time against a constant Power lock, unless you're able to constantly spam Cyber Shock. I'm not saying that it's a bad card, though, since Magnezone Prime is a great sweeper.

@Gliscor
Engineers is draw power if you're talking about how mesprit shuts it down. But most builds don't focus on the X. I really dig the deck, it works wonders for me.

Back