Best Play for States!

Pokeman

The great snake rules forever!
I am creating this thread to discuss what in your opinion is the best deck choice for States this year. The deck that you would see coming out victory in most States. Please list some reason for the deck the you chosen, to back up why you think it is the best play.

Some deck options that will be seen at States-

-Gyarados

-Luxchomp

-Dialgachomp

-Sablelock

-Vilegar

-Lostgar

-Magnazone

-Machamp

-Charizard

-Donphan

-Kingdra

-MewPerior

-Regigigas

-Steelix

and many more, just really listing the good ones.

Should I point out that Regigigas is not on your list, or did you not think he was good enough?
For shame.

Oh I will add it. I know it is pretty good, but I haven't seen it used in a couple years. Last time it was good around here I won with it at Cities.

Regigigas is one of those decks that is rarely seen but has one of the most amazing potentials you can ever see in a deck. Played properly, it can do stupendous things.

Like outright laugh at Luxchomp.

I think that Gyarados is one of the best plays. It can be extreamily disruptive, and provided you don't run into a deck that has trainer lock it is pretty fast. I presonily like how it can swing extreamily hard for cheep and has a decent recovery.

semi-off topic:
What do you guys think is the best deck out of the above that can do the folowing:
1. Beat trainer lock
2. Keep up with the format.
3. Not auto-lose to any of the decks in the first post

I don't think Lostgar will be the best play for States unless you feel like dropping out.

It won't be. Top cut will be hard to pull through. Like you said, it's really to just drop for the rating. It's too hyped, and will be countered.

There's still always VileLostGar if you want to play in top cut if you guys haven't heard of that

Lol, I feel the same way, but I added them on there just to show some more decks, and someone said Regigigas was good so I add it. Do you think it is good? Because I honestly have no clue.

Regigigas autoloses to lostgar, no doubt. You sac right to the lostzone. Also, add steelix; its at least tier 1.5

I'm so honored to see Charizard on that list.:)

I don't really know what the play is, but I'd probably say some form of SP.
From that list I think that these are NOT the play:
Charizard
Regigigas
Lostgar
Gyarados
Donphan
Kingdra
MewPerior

I really like Charizard and Gigas, but I don't think they're necessarily "The Play." I don't think Lostgar or Gyarados, though both good decks, will do very good either. That pretty much leaves SP, Vilegar, Machamp, and Magnezone which I think all have good potential for states this year.

noooo on champ, that just cannot do good. There is too much gyarados, vilegar, lostgar, and other crap going around.

Do you think maybe Dialgachomp would be the best play for State or maybe Sablelock?

I'm playing Champ only because 50% of the people in Seniors are playing SP.

Dialgachomp is the best play IMO.

Mewperior is good with Blaziken tech. IMO it's a good play, but it's very expensive.

ROFL @ Gigas autolosses to Lostgar. That made my day.

GHJamesGH said:
Regigigas autoloses to lostgar, no doubt. You sac right to the lostzone. Also, add steelix; its at least tier 1.5
since when do you sac EVER against lostgar
ONCE?
looks like you, sir, need more practice

I personally play InferChomp with a Honchkrow tech. Very fun and can screw up gyrados. Plus honchkrow can take care of gengar. I wanna see Inferchomp up there.

Back