Best Card Going into BCR-FUF Rotation

thood

Konohagakure Shinobi
Sup guys!
So as most of you should know, the new rotation is BCR-FUF. Going into this new format, I'm wondering what the best card will be. It could be a Pokemon, Trainer, or even an Energy! What do you guys think the BEST card will be for this format. Before you decide, let me define what I mean by best. The best card in the format would be one that might be played in a majority of decks. It could be a very splashable card, or one that is simply a staple. It will be probably be a Meta-defining card, one that will leave its impression on the current Meta and most decks will either play this card, or be forced to build against it. The card could be anything.

My personal opinion on the best card for this format? I think Mewtwo EX and Seismitoad EX will Meta-defining this rotation. Mewtwo EX is going to be insane with the release of FUF, giving Mewtwo EX even more reason to be played. He is very splashable, hits like a truck, and is one of the best 1v1 cards in the game right now. Next is Seismitoad EX. The card is obviously strong. Seismitoad's Quaking Punch is just ridiculous, I mean, it shuts down nearly all Stage 2 decks. This card does what Accelgor decks did with one attack, on a beefy 180 HP basic.

Well, that is my take, but I wanna hear what you all have to say too. So, without further adieu, let the comments begin!

*Rules*
Please do not harass anyone because you disagree with them, as that is not what this thread is for. This is purely opinion based, and many factors determine what could be the best card.

Landy EX: He was good in NXD-on he is even better now.

Hypnotoxic Laser: Even without Virbank this card is good. It will not leave unless you switch out, and it is 10 damage between every turn. That is the difference between a KO and your death.

Garbodor: It will make or break your deck. If you can resist garbodor you are golden, but if your deck falls apart from it you are screwed.

I think the answer is as simple as Muscle Band. It's in every deck, it so absolutely huge in a lot of situations. That 20 damage is game changing either setting up knockouts or providing that damage needed for the OHKO. There isn't a pokemon out there that doesn't benefit from it. You will see it as a staple in pretty much every top deck and for good reason.

I agree on Muscle band and Lasers. Those cards are broken.

As for best Pokemon, I think Landorus EX.

Another one worth mentioning, DCE. So many powerful attacks can be powered up with just a DCE while others greatly benefit from it.

I think one card really puts the entire meta onto its head. Strong Energy. This meant that all Fighting EXs, especially Landorus EX, are more powerful than before. For one energy, you're doing a Muscle Band essentially with an attachment without needing a Muscle Band.

Also, this meant that Fighting Pokemon comes to the fore which also changes the rest of the meta with Mewtwo EX now a very powerful counter plus Seismitoad EX.

Well I dont know if you are excluding supporters or what, but to me the most obvious and card that gives the most come backs is N. Of course thats a boring choice to choose for ''best card''. Something I think that is under appreciated is escape rope. Its very good and has swung games in my favor many times.

For pokemon the most impactful would have to be landorous or possibly Virizion.I don't think any pokemon would even hit the top ten though if we were counting all cards together.

Espeon PLF for Shadow Ball is an interesting counter against Lucario EX and other Fighting decks weak to Psychic since it can bench snipe while applying weakness and resistance. Fighting decks in general make it hard for Stage 2's to run Miltank for Powerful Friends while Seismitoad EX cripples them with Quaking Punch.

I see how Muscle Band is more versatile than Silver Bangle since it also works on Basic EX's but If you're running Stage 1/Stage 2's then you might need that extra 10 damage from Bangle to score the prize(s) you need. With the rise of Seismitoad EX I feel that will make Leafeon PLF and VirGen played more these days.

As for best cards in BCR-On?

• Seismitoad EX
    Garbodor
    Double Colorless Energy
    Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym
    Muscle Band / Silver Bangle

RE: Best Card Going into BCR-FFI Rotation

Sycamore/Juniper - N - Colress - Dowsing Machine/Computer search. Will be the trainer core of the decks like always for 90% of decks

Mewtwo EX is going to be splashed in almost everydeck to counter fighting decks and energy heavy decks. Beartic is going to be splashed in all deck with an autolose for pyroar or needs help against fire/landorus. Mr mime is going to help LOTS of decks wich cant handle bench damage.

DCE is going to be even more played in lots of decks thanks to beartic and mewtwo.

Best Pokemon:
(Honorable mention is Seismitoad EX, but he gets wrecked by VirGen)
#3: Yveltal EX. Theres still a lot of potential with this guy even with dark patch rotating.
#2 Landorus EX: 'nuff said
#1 Kyurem. May seem odd as a number 1, but it has a lot of goods going for it this season. It can easily 1 shot exs (especially Landorus EX), has a metal weakness, and because Seismatoad is killing pyroar counts the odds of that unfavorable matchup will decrease.

Best Supporter:
#1: N. No doubt, this is the best supporter ever. It literally wins games after a 4-5 prize lead.

Best Item:
#1: Hypnotoxic Laser. Again, wins games and makes the game more luck based by coin flippin' (I do not like the card, but it very much is the best item card in format)

Best Stadium:
#1: Virbank. Makes the 'Best Item' even more broken!

Best Energy:
#1: DCE. Its the best energy card at the moment. Its very useful in most decks and counts as a surprise factor with Mewtwo EX perhaps.

With new rotation start day being tomorrow, here's my take on the best of format:

Pokemon:
#3. Suicune: With Safeguard, unless Garbodor + item attachment is in play, this pokemon can wall EXes until the user's party is set up, especially for...
#2. Shiftry: As logng as the user has a massive Bench presence, this pokemon can plow through opposing teams w/ leaf draw, and Deranged Dance. However, it does not even compare to...
#1. Landorus EX: Early game bench-hitter(Hammerhead), late-game powerhouse(Land's Judgement + Strong Energy + Muscle Band + Fighting Stadium+ Laserbank) that can spell doom for many!

Best Supporter:
#3: Pokemon Fan Club: Need 2 basics early game? Then this is the card to use!
#2: Lysandre: Need to KO a powerhouse waiting on the Bench to ambush you? Then use this card to lure him out and tear down the threat and escape from danger!
#1: N. Need to make an opponent comeback harder to pull off? Then use this card and limit his hand power!

Best Stadium:
#3: Shadow Circle: Makes dark energy-users more durable, as it frees them from the threat of a KO stemming from their weakness being exploited for double damage.
#2: Fighting Stadium: If you have Fighting-types, why not add 20 more damage on top of Muscle Band and Strong Energy? Allows Land's Judgement from Landorus-EX to KO M-Lucario, and threatens 220 HP Megas, when combined w/ HypnoLaser. Speaking of Hypnolaser...
#1. Virbank City Gym. Allows HypnoLaser to do 30 damage between-turns to poisoned pokemon...

Best Item:
#1. Hypnotoxic Laser. Poison and a sleep chance? Too good to pass up!

Best Energy?
#1. DCE: Why attach one energy for turn when you can do two?

My top Pokemon:

1. Garbodor (DRX / LTR: This card is pretty self explanitory, and can be placed into any deck that doesn't use abilities. Being able to shut off the opponent's abilities is huge, especially for decks like Blastoise and Aromatisse. The mere existence of this card forces players to either use it themselves or give up a few slots in their decks for more megaphones, Lysandre, etc. One could argue that Garbodor effectively defines our current metagame.
2. Mewtwo-EX: This guy is also self explanitory and can fit into literally any deck. Whether he's a main attacker or a backup, he will always dish out a lot of damage for little investment. Additionally, he can be powered up with the addition of more energy to hit "magic numbers" with ease.
3. Landorus-EX: He's existed as a fringe but respectable card ever since Boundaries Crossed, and now he's finally stepping into the spotlight thanks to US Nationals and the release of Furious Fists.

My top Supporters:

1. Professor Sycamore: Yes, it's the same as Juniper, but he gets the mention because he's French. Being able to throw away a bad hand for a full seven cards makes this without a doubt the strongest draw supporter out there.
2. N: Providing both a hand refresh and the capacity to disrupt your opponent is versatile. The only reason I don't put this at number one is because I've run into so many cases where I can't play it either because my opponent has no cards in hand or it will only give me one or two cards while getting my opponent five or six.
3. Shauna: Shuffling in for five cards isn't that powerful of an effect, especially with cards like Colress and Sycamore around. However, Shauna is never a bad play. While most other supporters have a catch (i.e. discarding your Super Rod with a Sycamore on turn one, Colress for three, etc), Shauna does the exact same thing, every time, with no strings attached. It's a shame Oak's New Theory wasn't reprinted, so this is the next best thing.

Items:

1. Hypotoxic Laser: Honestly, I think this card should never have been printed, but seeing that it was, I'm compelled to use it and to love it. Instant poison and possibly sleep can make your opponent think twice about whatever they were planning for their turn, especially if Virbank is in play.
2. Ultra Ball / Computer Search / Dowsing Machine: I'm giving a three way tie to the two most commonly played Ace Specs, as well as a card that gets you any Pokemon in your deck. Discarding two cards from your hand is usually only a small price to pay for whatever you need at that very moment.
3. Bicycle: Reliable, non-Supporter-based draw power. Enough said.

Honorable Mention: Muscle Band: Self explanitory.

Stadiums:

1. Virbank City Gym: It amplifies the effect of Lasers, or perhaps other sources of poison. Potentially sixty damage going into and out of your opponent's turn can set up knockouts with ease.
2. Fighting Stadium: I'm trying be more partial toward cards that are universal rather than going into a few specific decks, but this is too good to pass up. It would be okay on its own, but wih all the Fighting support, the damage quickly adds up, making almost any Fighting Pokemon viable.
3. Training Center: I think there's a lot of potential in this card. If evolution-based decks ever return to prominence this could be a staple with Tropical Beach gone.

Energy:

1. Double Colorless: This card has existed since the very beginning of the game and its many reprints justify its usefulness. Even withnout the obvious combo with Metwo-EX, this can power up any Pokemon faster, so long as their energy requirements aren't terribly specific. With many Pokemon only needed one energy of their color to use most attacks, DCE can get them ready to go a turn quicker.
2. Rainbow: This is a tricky card, but if played right can give a world of versaility. As of now, this is our only "wild card" energy, so four copies is going to become a must. Unfortunately, even though it only does 10 damage, that can make difference between a KO and something you can Max Potion away. But if it's not predicted, your opponent can be in for a nasty surprise.
3. Strong: This is simply an amazing card. The only reason it's ranked at number three is because only fighting decks can make use of it.

Skyla: Can basically search for any trainer and can be pretty crucial at the end of a game :)

ShayminTails said:
Skyla: Can basically search for any trainer and can be pretty crucial at the end of a game :)

But it also uses up a supporter for the turn and you might need another supporter.

Top Furious Fists Cards

Now that the set has been out a few weeks, what do you think are the best cards?

Here's my top 10 list.

10. Beartic: The best non Garbodor counter to Pyroar. Unlike a lot of other counters (Raichu), you don't need muscle band to get the OHKO and the 130HP means it will take something more than the next Pyroar to KO it back. It's also great against Landorus EX (possible BCIF now).

9. Hawlucha: Interesting little guy here. Low HP and inability to hit non EXes make this an unlikely choice, but the free retreat makes up for the low HP and against EXes, you can do quite a bit for a single energy. Even without all the damage modifiers fighting Pokemon get, you can still do 90 (2HKO) with a Silver Bangle. Add Garbodor to the mix, and you can one shot any EX that's weak to fighting.

8. Fighting Stadium: Not much needs to be said. Anything that increases damage output is good, just be careful you don't end up helping an opponent (I have lost that way).

7. Dedenne: A very nice one of. Call for family like attacks are more valuable now that level ball has been rotated, but it's second attack is perfect against aggressive Yveltal players.

6. Landorus: Another good non EX option for fighting decks. It provides energy acceleration for a type that desperately needs it and does cheap damage. Not much more you can ask for out of a non EX basic.

5. Lucario EX: Another solid attacker for fighting decks. 3 attacks, all of them good, and all of them can be boosted in numerous ways. The built in draw from corkscrew punch is the icing on the cake.
4. Machamp: This thing is just ridiculous combined with all the other damage boosters fighting pokemon have. I've managed to get Machops hitting for up to 90, Landorus (FF) hitting for 120 and accelerating energy from the discard pile. Heck, you could even have Machamp power up it's own normally subpar attack to be taking down EXes (and you do need something to fight against Pyroar). Some have wrote this off because it's a stage 2, but I think it's one of those rare stage 2s that's well worth the investment.

3. Seismatoad EX: Yeah, I’m ranking this above all the fighting pokemon. Item lock is ridiculously powerful as it is, but when it’s on a basic 180HP EX that only needs a DCE to start the lock, it’s just evil. Since the Seismatoad Garbodor combo requires so few cards, you have plenty of room for other stuff. I like to use other beatdown pokemon myself (like Landorus), but I’ve seen some crazy stuff thrown into those decks. You can do so much by preventing opponents from playing crucial cards that the low damage output is a non issue (especially when you have lasers/virbank to make up for it). I expect this to be a top tier deck (at least until the next set gives us ways to counter it).

2. Strong Energy: One of the things that makes fighting pokemon work so well. It’s an energy and a muscle band in one, do I need to explain why this is so good? Of course, there are drawbacks; being a special energy alone in limiting and not being able to provide any energy to non fighting could be a problem, but in pure fighting decks, four of these are a must.

1. Korrina: The bread and butter of fighting decks. It’s two cards in one; one that searches for the pokemon you need, and the other grabs you the item you need to make it more powerful. Some common searches; Rare Candy/Machamp (part of the reason Machamp is so strong), Pokemon/Switching card, Pokemon/Muscle Band, Pokemon/Ultra Ball for another pokemon, Pokemon/Professors Letter to get energy, and Pokemon/Computer Search to get what ever you need. And that’s just at the top of my head. Basically, this card gives you access to what ever you need for practically any situation you find yourself in.

hawk45678 said:
But it also uses up a supporter for the turn and you might need another supporter.

Good Point, other cards I like that are good are

Emolga (DRX/LTR): even though Dedenne would be the better (and cuter) option, Emolga I stick with because of the Free Retreat and can be splashed anywhere, even outside of Darkrai Decks
N: Good way to possibly disrupt your opponent late game while you can gain the upper hand
Master Ball: Good Way to search out any 1 Pokemon for in case you don't have any/want to discard any cards
Eevee (FuF): Attach a Basic Energy and evolve to an Eeveelution of the same type first turn? Yes Please! :D

hawk45678 said:
ShayminTails said:

There are ways around that though. For example, if you're playing an Empoleon or Delphox deck, using that Skyla to get a rare candy can get you some draw. A more splashable one is Electrode PLS (just Skyla for evosoda). You could also just throw in a couple of bicycle/roller skates to have that draw option available.

Two more cards (both stage 1s) that I think are going to impact the format (if they haven't already), Pyroar and Garbodor. Most decks need some kind of answer to at least one of these.

pokedan24 said:
Theere are ways around that though. For example, if you're playing an Empoleon or Delphox deck, using that Skyla to get a rare candy can get you some draw. A more splashable one is Electrode PLS (just Skyla for evosoda). You could also just throw in a couple of bicycle/roller skates to have that draw option available.

Two more cards (both stage 1s) that I think are going to impact the format (if they haven't already), Pyroar and Garbodor. Most decks need some kind of answer to at least one of these.

Garbodor is Truth as I run a 1-1 myself, lucky I got one from a Card Shop while I was at the Flashfire Prerelease a while back :)

Garbodor becomes ridiculous in tandem with Seismitoad EX, because now you cannot even get rid of the Tool attached to it with Megaphone or Scrapper.

skullvarnish said:
Garbodor becomes ridiculous in tandem with Seismitoad EX, because now you cannot even get rid of the Tool attached to it with Megaphone or Scrapper.

Yeah. The only way I have found to get around it is to use Chatot PLB 's first attack.

Comp Search / Dowsing Machine is still best Ace Spec ever... of all time... (unless you're Virizion / Genesect)

I can't say that one is better than the other because I think it mostly boils down to player preference and what deck you're using.

Back