Best Card Going into BCR-FUF Rotation

skullvarnish said:
Garbodor becomes ridiculous in tandem with Seismitoad EX, because now you cannot even get rid of the Tool attached to it with Megaphone or Scrapper.

In the new metagame however, i do feel as if there are less abilities you are really shutting down.

AlexanderTheAwesome said:
skullvarnish said:
Garbodor becomes ridiculous in tandem with Seismitoad EX, because now you cannot even get rid of the Tool attached to it with Megaphone or Scrapper.

In the new metagame however, i do feel as if there are less abilities you are really shutting down.

Thinking about it the only Top Tier decks that have abilities is Genesect(Red Signal). Since are Tier 1 is coming down to Landy EX/Garbodor, Siesmitoad/Garbodor, and VirGen since those are the only decks that have good matchups against most decks or have proven to be a major threat to the Metagame. The only thing you are shutting down is the Tier 2-3 decks like Pyroar, Donphan Variant, TDK, and Energy Acceleration decks which do make up a lot of tournaments.

I think that Seismitoad EX has already shown to be a really great card in most forms.

Also, Pyroar hasn't really been showing up that much anymore, at least on PTCGO anyway, It's either Lucario, Donphan/Trevenant or Plasma. Garbodor however can still be a asset just in case, just like on how people sometimes like to run a 1-1 Raichu or a Dedenne for CFF support.

ShayminTails said:
Also, Pyroar hasn't really been showing up that much anymore, at least on PTCGO anyway, It's either Lucario, Donphan/Trevenant or Plasma. Garbodor however can still be a asset just in case, just like on how people sometimes like to run a 1-1 Raichu or a Dedenne for CFF support.

In my local league, there are two people playing a Pyroar deck (and I am one of them XD ). The most common decks I see are the Lucario EX/Lando EX deck, followed by ViriGen, and Plasma. Darkrai/Yveltal has died out it seems for now. Also, people are buying Cobalion EX in huge amounts, I guess because it's going to rise in price with Phatom Gate. I think the deck to play right now is Pyroar TBH. I haven't lost a single time at my league. I run a 4-4 Pyroar line with 3 Mewtwo EX. Extremely consistent and hits fast and hard. Hardest matchup is actually the mirror, followed by Lucario EX/Lando EX. Luckily I play Mountain Ring, which not only gets rid of their Fighting Stadium, it prevents bench snipes. Hypnotoxic Lazer is also not nearly as bad because I run Mountain Ring to counter Virbank.

Also, I'd like to mention that Dragonite EX is rising in popularity. If possible, I'd invest in a few copies, as it seems that people are starting to figure out that he's actually quite strong. My friend has devised a Dragonite EX deck that hits for 120-180 Turn 2 around 75% of the time. I think Dragonite EX was wayyyy underrated, and people are gonna be shocked to say the least when a Dragonite EX deck wins a Cities or even a Regional.

@AlexanderTheAwesome

It does present a unique problem. With less Abilities out there to even worry about, some may consider dropping Garbodor to run more consistency or tech. But when people start dropping Garbodor, decks with Abilities come out of the woodwork and start doing well. I think it's best to leave Garbodor in.

At least it's better than running the new Wobbuffet since they'll just Lysandre out of ability lock. Dragonite EX being able to hit for 120-180 T2 sounds really broken If you ask me especially when there's hardly any good counters against it and yet I thought Seismitoad EX was the main Big Basic to worry about, turns out I was dead wrong.

thood said:
skullvarnish said:

Yeah. The only way I have found to get around it is to use Chatot PLB 's first attack.

Thanks for the prize.

Best card no doubt, juniper, wb buddy.

I think Yveltal XY is the best one prize basic in the current format. It provides energy acceleration, but is also a cheap hitter with great HP and resistance, making it a pain to KO. Dark Pokemon still have a lot of tricks (Shadow Circle, Hydreigon's Dark Trance, Darkrai's Dark Cloak), and some fantastic attackers (Darkrai EX, Yveltal EX, and any attacker that can use Darkness energy like Mewtwo EX). Even it's rarely used second attack (that does 100) can be useful in a pinch (particularly safeguard pokemon) and the drawback can be worked around easily with Darkrai's night cloak. I think that even if this was an EX that gave up two prizes, it would be worth it, but the fact that it's not says a lot.

Yo-yos said:
thood said:
Yeah. The only way I have found to get around it is to use Chatot PLB 's first attack.

Thanks for the prize.

What, that seventh prize? I mean, you're welcome?

It is an interesting tech. I guess if Seismitoad / Garbodor is a terrible match up for you, I wouldn't rule out considering this just yet. Plus Seismitoad only does base 30 damage, so they have to hit a few things if they actually want to KO it. I haven't tested it out, so I can't say whether it's good or bad, but if Startling Megaphone isn't an option...

Back