'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

You’re missing a card in your text. It’s actually a special energy card. I think it reads “Speed Lightning Energy.” Can’t read it clearly, but it seems to benefit Lightning decks pretty well. Somethin about attach this card and draw two cards. Eh. It actually probably won’t see play. 3/10.

Potentially this would make Johto the second full set of Elites to get full art treatment.

Agatha is still found dead, and Lorelei only comes with her annoying little sister. Hoenn and Sinnoh's Elites only got Stadiums and SP Pokemon respectively. Gen 5 was too busy giving us entire sets of CGI Team Plasma Pokemon to check for any of the Elite Four while Gen 6 pulled the plug on XY in favor of ORAS after only a year.

Gen 7 gave us the entire roster, but Gen 7 was when they started handing full art Trainers to literally anyone with a name in the source material.

All those Cramorant on the Rapid Strike one... That's some really solid artwork. I really dig whenever they do 2D stuff on Ultra Rares. A lot better than... Most of the rainbow superty-duperty shiny shine sheen blast your eyeballs cards that are just palette swaps of existing cards.

Sure hope they keep this up!

Last edited:
I super hope these are going to replace rainbow rares. Those ugly things have long outlived their novelty and the alt arts of Tag Teams have always been far superior. We do not need more than two versions of every single ultra rare.

The one tiny Clobbopus in the Rapid Strike Artwork is so CUTE AAAA. I NEED THE CARD

Also the Goldbat artwork is amazing. The could've given the Crobat a better attack though...

Before anyone gets too excited, Manectric VIV has the exact same ability as Crobat, but on a Stage 1 instead of a Stage 2. And Cinccino SSH outclasses them both, anyways, if you're looking for single prize draw support.

Eh, I feel like these cards are very similar to the SWSH Inteleon line whereas putting in the whole evolution line takes up so much deck space that you just end up playing other better cards instead. It's probably worse here since this Crobat line only draws you cards while the pre-mentioned Inteleon line searches you cards. Yes, of a less quantity, but I'd rather have a really good trainer card or 2 in my hand than 2-3 random cards from my deck.

could be good in eternatus
You could, I guess. But I think Eternatus would rather dedicate the deck space to more cards that fill up the bench. Whatever quantity of Golbats and Crobats that get put in Eternatus decks won't even count for additional damage for Eternatus. I mean a good quarter of your bench space is already Crobat V's, and that card is already one of the best draw cards in the game.

Back