'Battle Style' is March's Set, Introduces New Single Strike and Rapid Strike Cards!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Dec 14, 2020.

1. NotSeen Aspiring Trainer
    NotSeen

The video is awfully cool. I know about videos for TCG from earlier, but (in my opinion, of course), THIS ONE really motivates me and I already can't wait to have some of those cards. Even if they're not THAT GREAT on the paper, the video still adds the fuel to that.

The Fish likes this.

2. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

Oh,this sounds like an amazing set!

3. DangerLiam Aspiring Trainer
    DangerLiam

It's a shame it's taken this long to work out the "Rule Box" wording, feel like that could have gotten around a number of problems with GX, V, EX and so forth.

4. MilesEX Aspiring Trainer
    MilesEX

Loving the reveals so far!

5. flariados Aspiring Trainer
    flariados

These cards remind me of the Team Magma and Team Aqua cards from 2004, complete with the special energies, trainers and support Pokemon. Also the focal two Pokemon (Kyogre/Ground and the Urshifus). The more I think about it, the more similar it feels.

bbb888 and Grass-Type Farm Owner like this.
  6. Rocket The Shellos Aspiring Trainer
    Rocket The Shellos

what's the point of that empoleon ability? "rule box" pokemon are the only basics you'd really want to be blocking the abilities of. they must be terrified of tanking crobat/dedenne's value

Wechselbalg and RisingRaichuu like this.
  7. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

Urishifuru Rapid Strike looks really bad, even with ACOG Scope it won't be 1-shotting anything on the bench. Who would have thought that a slow and methodical approach won't really fit a ridiculously fast format?

Single Strike on the other hand can OHKO basically any GX, so I expect to see a lot of it. It even gets to set itself up on Turn 1.

JayMankey likes this.
  8. flariados Aspiring Trainer
    flariados

They remind me more of the Team Magma vs Team Aqua cards from 2004.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2020
  9. Grass-Type Farm Owner Aspiring Trainer
    Grass-Type Farm Owner

Neat. I always like the label/faction-based card gimmicks like SP and Owner's Pokemon. Having Trainer & Energy cards count as the type of cards + having an opposing faction was something I felt was missing from last gen's Ultra Beast mechanic. Makes the cards more fun to collect for me.

Diego Lima likes this.
  10. flariados Aspiring Trainer
    flariados

Rapid Strike Urshifu VMAX and Telescophic sight + Goons for free Dedenne KOs sounds good.

11. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

The Rapid Strike poster is hilarious to me. Loving the art on both of them.

12. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

What is this 'rule box' terminology on the empoleon card, is that to also target EX cards too?

13. cardgjammer Aspiring Trainer
    cardgjammer

2 Rebel Clash Coalossal(Ability) + Dojo + Single-Strike Energy + Vitality Band = 1HKO to VMAXes that are NOT Psychics and/or Fliers(Colorless cards that are Flying-type in the VGs) in the event you have more Prizes remaining than your opponent...

Empoleon V changed the regular game. No more Rillaboom ability use, no more Perrserker add-on damage from ADPZ, and even no more V/GX damage-blocking from Decidueye, as all of the above will be stripped of the Abilities that allow those things to happen, but in order to make such stripping happen, Empoleon V has to stay in the Active spot.

^ If you have a Yanmega or some other pokemon that can switch out after attacking in deck to ensure the opponent can't use their Abilities on their turn...

Yes. If Scoop-Up Net had the same terminology, maybe we wouldn't have seen Shaymin-EX banned from Expanded as quick as it actually happened...

Animegamer420 likes this.
  14. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Empoleon's ability only works on basic pokemon...

bbb888 likes this.
  15. cardgjammer Aspiring Trainer
    cardgjammer

Oh?

Then it's not that significant... maybe except for the Primate Wisdom Oranguru, and maybe both Jirachis w/ draw Abilities(TEU & VVO)...

16. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Who approved that art for Empoleon V? It's horrible. Look at that thing's face.

Coolpilot and The Fish like this.
  17. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

But then the booster pack artwork is glorious...

18. don()shinobi PokeBeach's Yu-Gi-Oh enthusiast. I guess.
    don()shinobi

Agreed. They did Empoleon justice on the pack art.

Coolpilot, JayMankey and The Fish like this.
  19. treeckonation Treecko is a good pokemon
    treeckonation

going to make people mad at the game. ok i will use those cards

20. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Yep. I also love how he's just flying in the Rapid Strike poster (Kecleon hype woooooo). I wonder if they'll make a VMAX of the penguin boyo. Then again, the booster pack art doesn't have any red auras around it.

Also, just realised that Mustard can cheat the rather useful stage 1s and 2s into play.

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 32 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?