Are you excited for school?

• YES!

Votes: 37 23.1%
  • Wanted another week before it started

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • NO! I HATE SCHOOL

Votes: 50 31.3%

• Total voters
Would Honors Geometry (10th grade) be consider "regents"?

There isn't any really advanced Math, Science, or SS in where I'm from.

I get lunch at 12:30... Awful. I have Art right before it though which is fun. And there's no work, so it a break after Spanish and Geometry.

I think we should talk about this stuff in the Student Discussion thread.

Gliscor said I could revive it...

glaceon said:
Would Honors Geometry (10th grade) be consider "regents"?

What grade are you taking it in, 10th, or is it a 10th grade course? Because I took Geometry in 8th grade, and had to take it with the High School students.

Guy89 said:
What grade are you taking it in, 10th, or is it a 10th grade course? Because I took Geometry in 8th grade, and had to take it with the High School students.

I'm in 8th taking 10th. The people in 8th taking 11th have to take it with HS people.

thefleeee said:
No school today because of flooding

My house is flooding...

I took a math quiz today and aced it :).

Let me see what I'm taking...

• Music 9
  • Intro to Business 9
  • Civics 10
  • Geography of Canada 9
  • English 9
  • Core French 9
  • Career Studies 10
  • Principles of Mathematics 10
  • Healthy Active Living Education 9
  • Science 9

Pretty decent courses. Except for French of course :p

Tomorrow is the first day of school for me. I am in 2nd grade of high school and I have 16 subjects: Maths,Croatian,English,Italian,History,Geography,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Art,Music(i don't know how you call it),PE,Psychology,Sociology,Extra Biology and religious Education. So be happy that you don't study in Croatia.

Tylertyphlosion said:
Ah, the good old days of high school and middle school...

Middle School is great, but once you get to High School all best are off. No one knows what will happen to you then. I like to go back in yearbooks and point out all the people who are probably convicts or baby-daddies.

Oh my...

French is horrible. My teacher is soo mean. It's gonna be tough to get through this year...

shadow_scyther said:
Tomorrow is the first day of school for me. I am in 2nd grade of high school and I have 16 subjects: Maths,Croatian,English,Italian,History,Geography,Physics,Chemistry,Biology,Art,Music(i don't know how you call it),PE,Psychology,Sociology,Extra Biology and religious Education. So be happy that you don't study in Croatia.

Why so many classes? That's a lot.

My Spanish teacher is pretty bad. Eww to Pop Quizes.

My spanish teacher suddenly got really mean over the summer

Might be her foot 'condition', Eitherway, oh well

Apparently, the sixth graders are afraid of us so we can no longer have "Pet a Sixth Grader Day", that was my favorite >:]

GRAH, I hate my Spanish teacher.... SO Ive been speaking English for the past 3 months like a normal person.... and she starts off day one speaking in all out Mexican..... She does that while assigning HW too.... Theres so many words I cant understand and Im using Google translate for my HW..... This shouldnt be happening

Exscuse me, id like to say that my spanish teacher is amazing. Last class of the day and we have so much fun. The hw? Not so much but thats highschool.

First class? Math. It looks like a massacre and only a few other people and me cant fall asleep

Its not math, its the stuff that comes with it. People are hardwired by tv and others to naturally dislike it, must be heriditary. Usually the teacher is bad or boring so the subject becomes just as dull. Then theres the whole when will i ever use this bit.

Math is the veggies on the plate of food of school

I liked math since I was in first grade. Did very fun things like figure out what x was. =3

I'm making fun of every 6th grader I see. It's great to be a 7th grader.

Anyway, School started like 2 weeks ago for me, so i'm getting used to it again. Sucks that we have no AC and I have a bad cold, but whatever.

flygon222 said:
I have 2 and a freaking half hours of math EVERY. SINGLE. DAY.

The room is hot and sweaty, she makes you run in circles around the classroom switching places and seats, and I don't even like that teacher. When we could be doing more things that we don't have anymore (such as art, music, etc.) we have CRAPBLOCKS OF MATH! :headbang

No art or music?

Please excuse me while I impale whoever decided to make 1/3 of your day math with no music or art. Math is good, debatably the most important subject. But doing it that long seems pretty excessive.

Blah, school's been on for a while. First year of High School, I have English, American Study 2, Algebra II, Biology, Band, Spanish 2, and Art. American study is awful, I seriously almost fell asleep today. I don't do that :eek:

palkia dialga clash said:
I'm making fun of every 6th grader I see. It's great to be a 7th grader.

Oh Seviis.

Math is important and I really believe it should be something that you focus on in school and something you get better at. I think it's good if you get the class a bit longer than the others, but I think that that is excessive.

So far, ninth grade has been extremely easy, if you discount Biology. I just hate juggling, my teacher's Pop Quizzes, Required Notes, Normal Homework, Labs, and Nightly Reading. The class is driving me insane so far.

Back