Are you excited for school?

• YES!

Votes: 37 23.1%
  • Wanted another week before it started

Votes: 73 45.6%
  • NO! I HATE SCHOOL

Votes: 50 31.3%

• Total voters
first day of the semester today, i show up for class at 9:30, sit listening for about 50 minutes, get let out.

go home

oh college

glaceon said:
Really? What time do you wake up?

I go to bed at 9:30, fall a sleep 20-60 minutes later, and wake up at 6:40

I get up at 6, even though I don't have to.

If I really wanted to, I could get up at 6:50 and still make it in time to school, with time to spare.

School starts at 7:25

thefleeee said:
I have to get up at 5:45 :(

My bus gets to my stop by 6:20 and I shower in the mornings so

For high school, if I get into the school I'm shooting for, even though school wont start till 9, I'll need to get up at 5:30

Gotta love long bus rides into the city

Or I can take the train to the ferry to NYC and then take a bus/train from there to school

Ouch. I forgot you lived on an island. Staten?

Aren't there schools on the island?

glaceon said:
Ouch. I forgot you lived on an island. Staten?

Aren't there schools on the island?

Yessir, the one, the only, the largest landfill in the world, Staten Island

Yes, there are High School's on the island, but there's only 1 good one, and I want to go to an Arts school (Performing arts for me) more than that other school, and the Arts school happens to be in Manhattan

Rivallz said:
Aiming for LaGuardia by any chance? lol

How'd you guess? Lol, it's actually pretty obvious if you know school's in NYC

Yeah, LaGuardia's my dream high school.

esperante said:
first day of the semester today, i show up for class at 9:30, sit listening for about 50 minutes, get let out.

go home

That's close to my Mondays/Wednesdays. lol Except I show up at 11:30. ^_^

dmaster out.

I'm still not back in the swing of things yet and I'm a week in. Thankfully, though, it's almost the weekend (already)! And a long weekend at that. Thank you, Labor Day! Unfortunately, I've been ridiculously busy in my classes. I start at 8 twice and 9 once...I miss the days of starting at 11:30 hahah.

For some reason, my school always seems to start a week earlier than most others -- many of my friends started back up today.

I have found a phrase to describe Freshman year at my school so far.

"If one can survive Biology, he is immortal"

I hate that class so much, there's so much to be done in such little time. Luckily, my other classes are relatively easy.

School was never as boring as they made it out to be in all those TV shows I watched growing up. It wasn't as cool, either. I never got the chance to mix all those strange chemicals together in any science class. In college though, the pure sodium was there for all my amusements. It used to be in high school labs until someone flushed a chunk they stole down the toilet.

@Scizor, Im on the same bus as you this year :)

You have the same route as last year, but with my stop added

My route is awful. School lets out and buses leave at 2:47, and I get home around 3:30... Next year (high school) I'll have a 2 stop bus :D.

Spanish is worrying me..

I started school today and it was meh. ALL rules, like not even much overlook of what we'll do. Then tons of homework for parent letter stuff and get to know you which I hate. I started Algebra early which I don't know how I feel about that yet. I did a book thingy over the summer that taught me nothing so I started khan academy which clicked with me immediately. I'm like 2/3 of the way done with and I only have Algebra on B days so I hope to get it done before Friday, it's super easy. My math teacher is awesome I hope that I can excel even though I finally be doing some harder math. Haven't done any Science, that's tomorrow for A day. We have the year long science fair project so I was thinking something like how music of lots of different genres affect your work, but I'm not sure. My art teacher is awesome and the elective looks like it'll be really fun this semester. I think I'll do both my electives at higher levels next year, the other being Spanish.

For the first time ever I've actually hated one of my teachers. Last year my Chinese teacher was pretty bad, but I considered that class to be nothing, I guess. My Humanities (Language Arts/ Social Studies) teacher was giving an all about her thingy which was extremely boring and stupid. My math and art teacher did the same thing and it was actually interesting. Then she gave an opinion thingy. She's all liek "I think kids shouldn't watch TV or go on the computer. They should all read instead." Lots of people gave their views so I thought it was safe to say mine. I said "I usually go on the computer a few hours-" I was going to say how I liked to read and went on the computer. You guys probably are on here longer than me every day. When I say that she thinks I say three hours and starts freaking out. She asked me what I do the whole time and I just said "I don't know. Youtube and stuff" because if I said Pokemon I would probably be tortured through High School and I do spend like 15 minutes on there. She goes off again about three hours and I very embarrassed say "I said a few hours like one or two." She just quickly says "Well two is still a lot." I don't even remember if I told her if I liked reading and that I read every day because I was pissed. She even asked about opinions and stuff after she said that about herself. I'm thinking I just won't raise my hand for the rest or a lot of the year so I don't have her bash me about my life every time I have an opinion. My best friend said he would get all up in her face about it because he's all day if he can, but he wasn't there so... I guess I'm just going to have to do I don't understand on my own until she says something. I've been the smartest kid in just about every class I've been in so my motive is to prove her wrong. Well, thanks if you read my rant I guess, it's just I've usually always liked my teachers so I was pissed.

First day of school was today. Honors again :D and managed to get into a Regents History class (High School curriculum in 8th grade).

Schedule is ok, some friends in my class, nothing too big. For anyone that cares, schedule is as follows:

School Starts: (7:25)
Homeroom
1. Math (PE on Wednsday, Spanish on Thursday)
2. Math
3. Regents History
4. Science
5. Varies (On monday PE, Tuesday and Wednsday Health, Thursday Friday Music)
6. Lunch
7. English
8. English (Spanish on Monday and Tuesday)
Homeroom
Leave school (1:50) :D

My SS teacher is weird. He randomly talks loudly, and is whispering and then screams at you.

Your schedule is rather odd DV. Whats regents history?

The "news" at my school is that a 6th grade SS teacher stuck his middle finger up at his class...

Regents basically means they teach you like 9/10th grade stuff early so your more prepared for the regents test (Practically a final) in High School.

History is the subject. And yeah, my schedule is weird. I don't get lunch till 12. And only 2 kids from my homeroom have my math class with me, everyone else is in the Math Regents class which I didn't get into

Back