Art Gallery Avatars and Art v.2. [Xerneas and Yveltal Avatars Added in Latest Post]

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Agirudaa added.

Xous's pose is just basically the official art's pose with arms outstretched instead of folded.... you cant really fault a person for drawing something that looks like the original, if the intent was to draw it with fidelity in respect to the source material.

Yeah, and thats what makes it look bad. Sorry, but I just did not like it.

XieRH said:
Xous's pose is just basically the official art's pose with arms outstretched instead of folded.... you cant really fault a person for drawing something that looks like the original, if the intent was to draw it with fidelity in respect to the source material.

PM899, I suggest you read this again. How does that make it look 'bad'? Unless you already hated the official art for it, I don't see how your arguement makes any sense.

Anyways- I, for one, feel that Xous did a great job. He pretty much covered all of Agirudaa's features perfectly. Great job, as usual.

PM899, you can't say something is bad until you can do it better. You couldn't make something this good if you tried probubly. So I don't think you should be saying it's bad.

It's in pokemaister's rights to have his own opinion. As long as he's not offensive, rude or very unpleasant, it's fine. If you notice he was not any of those things.

I'll be using Agirudaa. Thanks!

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Bachuru, Waruvial, Burungel added.

Like Alvin and the Minezumis said, pokemaister899 should feel free to share his opinion, just like everyone else. :D If someone doesn't like a piece, it's perfectly fine.
---

Added Bachuru, Waruvial, and Burungel to the thread. I'll update the list with the official names of things revealed by IGN. However, I'm holding off on using the names from that "possible list of all names" until we get further confirmation.

palkia dialga clash said:
PM899, you can't say something is bad until you can do it better.

Actually I don't really agree with this. If such a clause applied, then only artists can criticise other artists. For instance you wouldn't be able to say Twilight is bad unless you are a distinguished author yourself.

The issue with PM899 is more like the way he worded his post it sounded like he was criticising xous's drawing style rather than criticising the actual thing which he disliked, which is the pokemon itself.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Bachuru, Waruvial, Burungel added.

I'll use the Waruvial avatar on osu, thanks! It's an awesome piece of art, you're an excellent artist.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Raikou v.3 (Normal and Shiny) added.

To Ekaru: Okay, and thanks.
---

Added Raikou v.3 to the thread. I really wasn't expecting to draw a new Raikou any time soon, but I was sketching and this one just came about!

May I use your Ampharos v.1 for a banner?

SinnohTrainer17 said:
May I use your Ampharos v.1 for a banner?

Sure, go ahead.
---

Next on my to-draw list is Cobalon, Terrakion, and Virizion, but I can't seem to get good sketches of them. They just keep turning out too close to the Sugimori art. I need more official references, I think...

I will be using Waruvial (or whatever). May I ask you a question? How do you make shadows and that glow effect in photoshop CS3?

^ From what I assume is that Xous makes the effects etc than applies the image. Than expand the canvas size. Because of the applied image the image will stay the same size but now the actual canvas is bigger

On the layer. Double click to open blending options (or right click>blending options) Than you will see 'drop shadow.' click on that and mess around with the settings to your liking.

Sorry for answering a question directed at you Xous just wanted to help. Correct me if I'm wrong

To Cetanium: By shadows, do you mean the drop shadow under the avatars? And what are you referring to when you're talking about the glow effect?

I wouldn't know how to do these things on Photoshop CS3, since I use Jasc Paint Shop Pro. I'll explain how I do it there, in case it's similar:
  • For drop shadow: I just make sure the avatar is on a transparent background, then go to Effects, 3D Effects, then Drop Shadow. From there I just drag the shadow to where I want it to be, and I adjust the color of the shadow (I just use pure black), blur, and opacity.
  • For glow effect: Can you give me a few examples of pieces I used this in, and where they are in the piece? I'm not sure what you're referring to. xD

And to PokeFanJosh: I do it a different way. But your method might be easier for them, so it's good that you answered.
---

Next to the thread should be Zorua v.2 - it should be done in a few hours.

RE: Avatars and Art v.2. Read the rules. Zorua v.2 (Normal and Shiny) added.

I want Zuruzukin v.1

can you do terrakion?

To Ra2terra: I actually have a sketch done for Terrakion, but I'm not going to finish it because it looks too much like the Sugimori art. (Imagine its artwork in your signature, only with its face turned to the side and it looking down. That's basically it.) I've drawn it many times because it's highly requested, but I can't get a good sketch to save my life. I'm still trying, though.
---

I'll be updating the Unova posts with all of the official names.

Back