Ysmir said:
The reason why it's a tough skill to learn is your not only bending their blood. You are thinking of it too literally, you are overpowering their will, which makes it extremely hard skill to pick up. It's not just about manipulation of the blood it is bending their body, their will. The creators and even in the cartoon hint at this. If anything, in Legend of Korra they made it "easier" to Blood-bend as shown when they easily would Blood-bend each other or that pack of Wolves. Of course you have people like Noatak/Amon who were so adept at it they could manipulate people's chakras to the point it removed their bending.
Yeah, I understand what you're saying, but from a simplistic standpoint, with the human body being 80% water, wouldn't it hold to reason that a Water-Bender could pull/bend that "water"? Regardless of the Water-Benders predilection for Blood-Bending..

Unless there is some hidden unmentioned "chakra flow" entrinsic to all humans, be they Benders or mundane, that prevents anything within their body from being manipulated by Bending. Which would thus limit the extent of Blood-Bending, and reduce it to mere overpowering of will. Sort of like a reverse resonance of internal chakra that nullifies internal bending.. *shrug*

Blood isn't just water so it can't be that easy. There's other stuff in there that isn't controllable, so you have to really know what you re doing. (as literal as possible? yup thats me)

Sheriff_K said:
I always thought that they made Blood-Bending seem far weaker than it should be. They depict it as basically a puppetmaster controlling the targets movements. Yes a Blood-Bender could/should be able to do that, but the most significant way I envision a Blood-Bender using their power is to drain the very blood from their target, killing them in the process, and then using their blood as they would use water.

And Blood-Bending shouldn't be that rare/hard, the human body is 80% water. Why can't people just manipulate/drain that? I guess that would make Water-Benders too overpowered, since they'd always have access to their bending element (but so do Fire-Benders), but theirs would be lethal/unblockable..

Personally I've always wanted to be a Water-Bender, since I love water and ice, and it is the most fun/useful of Bending types in my opinion. And if Blood-Bending worked the way I see it working, I'd be unstoppable... <_<

Yeah, but only one problem. The Legend of Korra is on Nickelodeon. There's no way they would be able to get away with something like that!

...Even though that is an insane concept. Dang censors.

I love the two new episodes of Avatar Korra. I can't wait for the rest!

What would her uncle have in mind? Is he planning to take over the Southern Water Tribe? Will he remain her teacher or will Tenzin return to teach her about the ways of Spirits? I hope for Tenzin to return; he's Aang's son and I would like to see him more in the show.

Another thing I'm curious about is that when Korra opened the portal the Spirit seemed to be the same as a previous Avatar (or related to it?). Does that mean that past Avatar can also become roaming Spirits?

Will we see more of Aang contacting his grandchildren? He seemed to guide Jinora to the spirit that was previously angered.

Drohn said:
I love the two new episodes of Avatar Korra. I can't wait for the rest!

What would her uncle have in mind? Is he planning to take over the Southern Water Tribe? Will he remain her teacher or will Tenzin return to teach her about the ways of Spirits? I hope for Tenzin to return; he's Aang's son and I would like to see him more in the show.

Another thing I'm curious about is that when Korra opened the portal the Spirit seemed to be the same as a previous Avatar (or related to it?). Does that mean that past Avatar can also become roaming Spirits?

Will we see more of Aang contacting his grandchildren? He seemed to guide Jinora to the spirit that was previously angered.

Tenzin's going to return as Korra's teacher. This was given away in the trailer where she asks him for his help. The previous Avatar is the first Avatar, which is again revealed in the trailer. When Korra opened the spirit portal, she probably reconnected to this original Avatar (the wikipedia page says his name is Wan) and he's probably trying to talk to Korra (either through Jinora, probably because of her relation to an Avatar and all that airbender spirituality jazz or Jinora just happened to be there when he got reconnected and made his statue glow) because of all the spiritual trouble she's having. Who would know best about how to deal with spirits than the first avatar?

I'm liking this season so far and it seems like it will turn out better than the disappointing first season. I really liked
that rich movie guy,
but Korra's
unwarranted angst and bitchiness are annoying.

I think I saw that episodes 3-6 of season 3 on YouTube. I wonder how that happened, or if they are even legit?

The new trailer looks amazing! Was Bumi Airbending? o_O

Awesome we get to see Zuko again too!

Was that girl with a third eye related to the assassin firebender?

Welp, the premiere wasn't as good as I expected it to be. However, I think these episodes set up the rest of the season well.

I don't know how you think it didn't start off well xD

We got:
Zuko [on a dragon no less].
4 new villains
Corrupt Earth Queen and Dai Li
Bumi gaining ability to Airbend
Backstory on Mako and Bolin.
Crisis with the spirit vines
Rebuilding of the Air Nomads
New character in Kai.
Plus more.

I am personally psyched.

I do have to say, the Dai Li returning made me kinda hype, but everything else we already knew was coming. Everything that wasn't shown or explained in trailers didn't really stand out. With that, I'm still excited to see where this will lead in future episodes.

I am so excited and hyped to see what they do with the new criminals. I love all their abilities and the way they are, I just can't wait to find out why the were jailed and how they all know eachother. Is the combustion girl a relative of combustion man? Is the armless waterbender slim lady some relative of someone we knew in ATLA. I can't wait!

The season looks to be really strong if the first couple episodes are any indication. Loving the villains.

dmaster out.

SO hyped for more episodes!

Many new airbenders are quite mean to Tenzin and Team Krew. Ryu's hilarious!

Also, the villains are scary but the armless waterbender creeps me out! She's so creepy.

Can't wait to see the beautiful Northern Air Temple.

I am psyched about the anti-Team avatar, I still want to know whom Zuko married? so far this is a great season love it XD, I do wonder though about some of the past characters, hopefully it reveals about the past a little more, Zuko on a dragon, does that mean that dragons are finally coming out of extinction? :p

I feel like the storytelling is a little weak and rushed for this season. Too many characters or TLA people and places thrust into this one for what seems like just fan-service. I prefer the 1st season over this one so far because I thought it had a stronger start. This one looks promising, but I think it is about time to leave behind the original. I'd like something new than to see combustion man, the Dai-li, Zuko (admittedly cool, though) Ba-sing-se, the Order of the White Lotus and an unneeded subplot involving Toph. Personally, season 1 and 2 did enough to tease the old series without depending on it or making it seem like they are doing it to please fans fo the original.

I know people will disagree with my thoughts, because it is cool to see some elements from the orignial, but I feel like its handled sloppily in this season. Anyone else feel the same?

Back