News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

MetaCall

ADVGYM
From the moment the artwork was revealed, I knew Wicke wouldn't be BUSTing out in Burning Shadows or the English TCG for a while #TwoBigIssuesWithTheCard

MetaCall

ADVGYM
Wow, just noticed that Necrozma GX, GX attack calls out EX Pokemon as well. Which would mean that rotation will NOT exclude XY sets. Seems safe to say rotation will be BKT on! Pretty good news IMO!

I thought the same when I read Ho-Oh's GX -- but it's no sure bet considering Japan plays the expanded format. I hope so, though

Last edited:

Tapu Lele

Inflated and Overstocked
They should really stop advertising that the set has "OVAR 140 CARDS!!1!"

Given the ridiculous amount of secret rares, it's like saying a booster pack has "OVER 7 CARDS"

George

Plays 4 Ultra Ball in Every Deck
so if only 7 GXs have been announced out of the 12 described, will there be a chance that a Flareon GX makes an appearance?

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
The missing FA is 100% Olivia, she was a promo for purchasing 2 boxes of Facing A New Trial. Just like Skyla, Sycamore, and Steven who were delayed one set in the West

Draskk

Blast From The Past
They should really stop advertising that the set has "OVAR 140 CARDS!!1!"

Given the ridiculous amount of secret rares, it's like saying a booster pack has "OVER 7 CARDS"
How about OVER 9000?! sorry it was too obvious :p

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
Team Skull is highlighted in the set’s official description, so we’ll at least see Guzma and Plumeria as 2 of the 6.
Oh, man!
I really really hope they don't leave out Acerola, which they probably won't since it's SM2+
Also, Do you think there will be a Discard hand draw 7 cards for this SuMo format? If not FA Sycamor will spike for expanded players.

TorchHG

Aspiring Trainer
I'm excited we have a date for set release! Time to open up my calendar and start planning!

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Oh, man!
I really really hope they don't leave out Acerola, which they probably won't since it's SM2+
Also, Do you think there will be a Discard hand draw 7 cards for this SuMo format? If not FA Sycamor will spike for expanded players.
FA Sycamore was in STS so will be around for another year. That's plenty of time them to reprint that effect

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
Re: who's getting left out.

I have 2 possibilities:

1. Wicke: But not because of Censorship. (quite the contrary after Skyla I'm pretty sure the chances are nil) but because SM4 is the one highlighting the Aether Foundation's side of the plot with Type-Null, therefore saving Wicke for the set that will likely also have Lusamine, Faba and especially Gladion as Supporters would make sense. (even if its just the full art)
  2. Olivia. FA seems to be a promo and given that Hala was introduced in Guardian's Rising, it seems likely that the Kahuna's supporter cards are gonna be a set late one way or another (that there is a slight possibility of SM4 having both Nanu and Hapu supporter cards).
    • As a side note. It would be funny if there was a Premium Collection-style box with the new full art N, Shauna, Blacksmith and Olivia FA cards as alternate art promos.

ZygardeGuy

Baba ba wawa ha ha ba ba
FA Sycamore was in STS so will be around for another year. That's plenty of time them to reprint that effect
Yes, however
There was a Prof. Juniper printed in BW base and a Prof. Sycamor Printed in XY Base. Nothing in SuMo Base. Our nly hope is Samson Oak

Elray

Expanded Player
Not sure how I feel about the new set symbol, it seems more 'wild' than the XY symbols

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
I wonder which full art supporters will be in the English set?

If there are only 6, they're leaving 1 out.
There were 3 in "Facing a New Trial" (Olivia, Sophocles, Acerola) and 4 in SM3 (Kiawe, Wicke, Guzma, Plumeria).
As what I have said, the 6 FAs are Wicke, Ma Boi Guzma, Acerola, Sophocles, Kiawe, and Plumeria. I am a bit sad the Olivia wasn't be there. ;(

Skeleton Liar

サーナ~
That's good. Guzma and Acerola (if included) are the two I'm looking forward to the most.

I'm guessing they'd leave out either Sophocles (since he was originally in a separate set) or Wicke (if censored).
If censored? Really? This is really a thing that people think might happen?

Women have breasts, come in all shapes and sizes, and this character is fully clothed. Anyone who thinks her image needs to be or has a chance of being censored needs to get their mind of the gutter and get over it. There's nothing wrong with it.
I'm done. I've already gone on about this before. This is ridiculous.

More on topic, I agree with others that it makes more sense that Olivia would be excluded, possibly until the next set.

danceking1711

Aspiring Trainer
Tapu-Fini-GX/Ninetales-GX anyone? Hydro Shot and Ice Blade hit for a combined 170 on ANY of your opponent's Pokemon. Not to mention Blizzard Edge and Hydro Shot can be spammed with Aqua Patch. Will be great to test :)
might work, but seems like a bit too much energy recycling is needed there IMO. if we had some simillar to yvetal small for water, then yes i could see it working really well