News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

A DCE and the ability adding a fairy energy is 90 damage from 1 turn and thats not even the opponents energies. Also if you are lucky enough to keep pulling the DCE and energies, your adding another 90 each turn (plus your opponents energies). You also have the HP to spend time doing this. When most of your DCE are in your discard pile, then you use the GX move and get them back along with 6 - 7 other cards.

Well, maybe not the most competitive deck but it would be fun to try

With ribombee you don't need THAT much energy in your deck.

I think people are overemphasizing Diancie. I think Sylveon GX as a pseudo-Alolan Vulpix alongside ribombee and the gardevoir line could be pretty good.

Holy Crap, your right, if this is one of the energy filled decks, this might actually work as a good deck

And the first attachment can be a DCE since only a single Fairy energy is only required for the attack, so you can go from 0 to 180 with a perfect hand/bench, but I don't see more then 2-3 out at a time consistently and you need the energy available. Really thinking 4 Xerneas Breaks with 2-3 Garde GX and Ribombee will be the way to go.

Infinite Force, whilst a good attack, will only manage to work against certain deck types if the person playing the Gardevoir-GX gets all their energy into play before their opponent can set up properly. Doubly so if the Pokémon the opposing player uses have pretty light energy requirements. The current deck I use is Decidueye-GX, so I only ever need three energy attached to any of them at any time. The only exception is Lurantis-GX, but if I have all the energy attached to it before it gets put into play, then it's a non-threat as Gardevoir-GX can be one-shotted with five energy and a Chloroscythe-GX(or four if two of the Decidueye have already done 40 damage with Feather Arrow).

And the first attachment can be a DCE since only a single Fairy energy is only required for the attack, so you can go from 0 to 180 with a perfect hand/bench, but I don't see more then 2-3 out at a time consistently and you need the energy available. Really thinking 4 Xerneas Breaks with 2-3 Garde GX and Ribombee will be the way to go.
And Diancie for Quick Evolution, and I don't really feel Xerneas is necessary at all

Well, I can only hope for the best in my two booster boxes that I'm trading bulk for. While I haven't been to league or tournaments for a while, this card makes me want to start again. But on top of wanting a play set, two of those would have to be the full art and rainbow rare. I must say, though, the rainbow rare is the best-looking one I've seen so far. And that's no bias because its my favorite Pokemon! (Though, it is a bonus.) The rainbow rares--and Pokemon full arts, for that matter--have seriously looked lack luster in the Sun & Moon sets. =|

I know I can't expect my play set from two boxes with their asinine pull rates, but... something! Please! I have my fingers crossed.

And Diancie for Quick Evolution, and I don't really feel Xerneas is necessary at all

Xerneas Break is there as the main attacker, not for Geomancy. Single prize attacker that does nearly the same thing. Just put 2 energies on each Xerneas and stack the rest on Garde GXs for when you need a heavy hitter/the GX attack

Xerneas Break is there as the main attacker, not for Geomancy. Single prize attacker that does nearly the same thing. Just put 2 energies on each Xerneas and stack the rest on Garde GXs for when you need a heavy hitter/the GX attack
I feel like it's a little clunky

I feel like it's a little clunky

It doesn't play too differently from Brilliant Arrow M Garde when it uses Xerneas Break as its main attacker. Been testing well so far w/o Ribombee. I feel Garde needs another attacker that sets up quicker and it's testing alright with me so far while proxying

I'm really looking forward to this set when it comes out. Totally gonna build a Fairy deck with this Gard hopefully. I've also been thinking of using SM3 Ribombee for the Energy Searching. Or maybe that Ribombee will find itself in a custom deck of sorts. Anyways, I have high hopes for when this set comes out!

Ohyas! Gardevoir-GX included in the Burning Shadows set in Engrish!!
The ability + Healing Scarf? :O

Yeah, the artwork looks nice but it obviously can't top the secret rare Steam Siege card that came out less than a year ago.. Enough Gardevoirs already!

Back