News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
Are there any card images of Ho-Oh GX? I wonder if it will be fire or colorless type.
Ho-oh should be Fire, since the set is called "Burning Shadows" so Charizard-GX+Ho-oh-GX+Darkrai-GX+Possible Marshadow-GX=Burning Shadows (Fire+Real Shadowy Pokemon)

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Magearna actually debuted in Steam Siege as Magearna-EX and a promo. Unless you are counting SM+ the main sets.
Yes I know that. What I mean is with the Pokedex No. The Promo Magearna doesn't have a Pokedex no.

Kapu Riki

Spilling the T, sipping the Tapu Cocoa
Not another god damn Charizard card...

Sounds like a direct-to-Netflix movie.

Sucks that I have to wait all the way until August to get my Guardians together. Maybe another art style of Tapu Bulu-GX will come in this set. Also, think the theme decks will feature either tapu or Lycanroc? SUM had Solgaleo and Lunala, which were the mascots of GUR theme decks. It would be an interesting pattern.

I just need more Tapu Love (says me only...)

NinJamezor

We love Huntail
Sounds like a direct-to-Netflix movie.

Sucks that I have to wait all the way until August to get my Guardians together. Maybe another art style of Tapu Bulu-GX will come in this set. Also, think the theme decks will feature either tapu or Lycanroc? SUM had Solgaleo and Lunala, which were the mascots of GUR theme decks. It would be an interesting pattern.

I just need more Tapu Love (says me only...)
The Theme decks could feature Tapu or Lycanroc if they're in the set as a non-GX rare, but most likely not, look at the Ancient Origins Theme decks. They featured Regirock and Metagross, who were in the set as normal rares. It would be an interesting pattern though.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
I hope that Charizard is good. I need a good evolution card to play. So far all the evolution cards have been so underwhelming.

BENDsli

Aspiring Trainer
I was hoping Colress would get a reprint as well considering he appeared in game. Colress could be a very big draw supporter.

Colress would be good, but I think if they could work in a Ghetsis reprint, that would be a better bet to hedge against Water Patch

Let me guess

Charizard GX
200HP

[R][R] Excitingly named claw move: 60
[R][R][R][R][R] Sci-Fi name for "massive fire": 230
Discard all [R] energies
[R][R][R][R][R] Stupid fire name GX:
*F--k off damage* to each of the opponent's benched Pokémon and
[insert energy acceleration effect here]

Probably more like 250 HP, an ability that lets you attach as many energy to Charizard as you would like during your turn, and the GX move knocks out all of your opponent's Pokemon and makes you move all of the energy attached to Charizard to your benched Pokemon, but that doesn't matter because you already won

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
Hopefully we will see Cresselia GX as well!
And the shadow pokemon Gengar must be in the set as well. And I hope for a rainbow feather item!

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I'm ready for a small, easy to complete Sun and Moon Set. It looks like this one will be even bigger than SM Base, judging by the amount of FA Trainers!

TheRealBro..

Isn't it weird by the way that the 3rd set features Necrozma already instead of the Ultra Beasts? Because in game it's the other way around..

Rhyno

not very cool dude
This will be the first time where Pokemon has the edgiest pack art on the shelves
Dang, that made me think way too hard. I was going to try to correct you because I'm a dingus who ruins all the fun, but I can't think of any Pokémon with card sleeves edgier than Necrozma.