TCG Fakes Athena's Fakes: Rainbow Valley (Promo Umbreon - 10 Jun)

I will be happy to help on something! Just go ahead and give me anything.

Ooooh, another one making me choose, this is always so difficult! :p How about Umbreon? :3 Since that's the next artwork I will be making anyway, it would be nice to have a card ready for it. Let me know if that will work for you!

Love to help out with this kinda thing, can i do the Bellsprout line?

Sure. :D

Ooooh, another one making me choose, this is always so difficult! :p How about Umbreon? :3 Since that's the next artwork I will be making anyway, it would be nice to have a card ready for it. Let me know if that will work for you!

No problem! I'll think it over and hopefully have him done by tomorrow.

Bell line complete! Let me know as more cards are added to the list :)

Bellsprout HP 50 [G]
Basic

[C] Grove Tender
Search your deck for a [G] Energy and discard it. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[G][C] Vine Whip 30

Weakness: [R] x2
Resistance: [W] -20
Retreat: [C]

------

Weepinbell HP 80 [G]
Stage 1
Evolves from Bellsprout

[G] In Spades
Attach a Pokemon Tool from your discard pile to one of your [G] Pokemon in play.

[G][G] Agitated Vegetation
Discard an Energy attached to this Pokemon. This attack does 30 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now Pousoned.

Retreat: [C][C]

-------

Victreebell HP 130 [G]
Stage 2
Evolves from Weepinbell

Ability: Flourish
Once during your turn, you may discard a Pokemon Tool attached to this Pokemon. If you do, attach up to 2 [G] Energy from your discard pile to this Pokemon.

[G][G][G][G] Violent Garden
Discard 3 Energy attached to this Pokemon. Choose 3 of your opponent's Pokemon. This attack does 60 damage to each of them. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokemon.) The Defending Pokemon is now Poisoned.

Retreat Cost : [C][C][C]

Here's the Gastrodon line. I'm a stickler for NFE's that do nothing to help, so I tried to do a little combo with the Shellos.

Basic - Shellos - HP70 - [W]
250px-422Shellos.png

[W] Shell Gathering
Search your deck for a [W] Energy card and attach it to this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[C] [C] Hydro Pump 20+
This attack does 10 more damage for each [W] Energy attached to this Pokemon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C]
Stage 1 - Gastrodon - HP110 - [W]
Evolves from Shellos
250px-423Gastrodon.png

Ability Forthcoming Tide
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may move a [W] Energy from 1 of your Pokemon to another of your Pokemon. If you do, place 1 damage counter on this Pokemon.

[W] [W] [C] Surprise Geyser 60+
If your opponent has 4 or fewer cards in his or her hand, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C] [C] [C]

I can also take care of the Skarmory for you if you like.

Do you still need Umbreon? If so, here's what I suggest.
Umbreon HP 100 {D}
Stage 1 (Eevee)
umbreon.gif

{Ability} Lighting the Way
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may look at the top 4 cards of your deck. You may reveal a card you find there and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't use more than 1 Lighting the Way Ability each turn.

{D}{C} Shadow Grace 30+
This attack does 10 more damage for each Energy attached to all of your Pokémon.

Weakness: {F}
Resistance: {P}
Retreat Cost: {C}
A bit of explanation:
Not one of the BW-on Umbreon cards remembers that Umbreon has a link to illumination, not just darkness. That's the basis of Lighting the Way, the name of which is inspired by one of the anime episodes I saw in the Virgil arc, which had a bit of backstory about why Virgil decided to become a Trainer of Eevee (IIRC, he had one Eevee and was lost in the forest at night, and the Eevee evolved into Umbreon, which then helped him find the way out). The effect is kind of Trainers' Mail in the form of an Ability, except you can get anything.
Shadow Grace is fairly standard, making Umbreon decent as an attacker instead of just a support Pokémon.

I'd also like to do Skarmory for Rainbow Valley, if that's okay.
Skarmory HP 90 {M}
Basic
skarmory.gif

{M} Stealth Rock
During your opponent's next turn, if the Defending Pokémon retreats, put 3 damage counters on that Pokémon. If the Defending Pokémon has a {M} Weakness, put 2 more damage counters on that Pokémon.
{M}{M}{M} Blade Wing 100
You may attach a basic Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched Pokémon.
Weakness: {L}
Resistance: {F}
Retreat Cost: {C}

Here you go!

48/88 said:
[Restored] Tyrunt HP 80 [F]
Fossil Pokemon: Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Jaw Fossil
tyrunt.gif

[F][C] Extreme Fang 30+
Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:

It was revived from a fossil. It likes to bite and taste different things.
48/88 U
49/88 said:
[Stage 1] Tyrantrum HP 140 [F]
Evolves from Tyrunt
tyrantrum.gif

[Ability] Brute Force
Your Active Stage 1 Pokemon's attacks (excluding this Pokemon) do 40 more damage. You may have only 1 Brute Force Ability active at a time.

[
F][C][C] Gold Breaker 50+
If your opponent's Active Pokemon is a Pokemon-EX, this attack does 50 more damage.

Weakness: [Y]
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

If it tastes something it doesnt like it will rampage until the aftertaste goes away.
49/88 RH
77/88 said:
[Basic] Skarmory HP 90 [C]

skarmory.gif

[C][C] Windfall
Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw 4 cards.

[M][M][C] Metal Slash 110
Flip a coin. If heads, if you use Windfall during your next turn, you may draw 7 cards instead of 4.

Weakness: [R]
Resistance:

It makes its home by factories. As babies, their steel armor is very brittle so it should be protected.
77/88 R

Wow, thanks for all the interest, guys! This has really been a great turnout. :)

That said, I do need to clarify something: Please do not make and post a card until I have confirmed your claim by either replying to you or adding your name to the OP. This helps to avoid confusion and now there are multiple people posting the same card before I have even said that they were accepted to do so.

Also, apparently this wasn't clear enough in the OP, but each claimant is only allowed to have one Pokémon or evolutionary line at a time. Once I have finished making the card(s) that you claimed, you can claim another at that point. This ensures that multiple people are allowed to participate, but that people can re-participate in timely order once I've finished their cards, which will roughly be done in order of posting, except for any special cards (like Umbreon).

I've spelled both of these things out more clearly in the OP to avoid any more confusion. From now on, I will quote and confirm each card claim in the thread as well.

For now, those cards that have been called or posted will be accepted in the order claimed.

I'm interested in the absol??

Thanks! :) Added~

No problem! I'll think it over and hopefully have him done by tomorrow.

Awesome, thank you! <3 Added~

Here's the Gastrodon line. I'm a stickler for NFE's that do nothing to help, so I tried to do a little combo with the Shellos.

I can also take care of the Skarmory for you if you like.

Thanks for the fast work! Shellos is my favourite Pokémon~ x3

However, as I've clarified in the OP and above in this post, I want everyone to be able to participate so I will not be allowing second claims until you original claim is complete. I'll tag you when the card(s) is/are done so you know. :)

Do you still need Umbreon? If so, here's what I suggest.

I'd also like to do Skarmory for Rainbow Valley, if that's okay.

The Umbreon is already claimed, so I will not be using your card. However, I have added you to the list for Skarmory.

In the future, please wait until I have confirmed your claim before making a card, just in case someone has already claimed it (like the Umbreon). Also, as I've clarified in the OP and above in this post, each person is only allowed to claim one Pokémon or evolutionary line at a time, and I want everyone to be able to participate so I will not be allowing second claims until you original claim is complete. I'll tag you when the card(s) is/are done so you know. :)

Athena!
Can I please do the text for Absol/Skarmory?

Unfortunately, both of those cards have already been claimed. As of this post, the Pokémon that are still needed are the Stoutland line and Carbink, if you would like to do one of those instead. :)

Here you go!

Awesome, thanks for the fast work; they look great! :D

Unfortunately, I will not be using your Skarmory since it was already claimed and you already have an existing claim on a Pokémon line. As I've clarified in the OP and above in this post, I want everyone to be able to participate so I will not be allowing second claims until you original claim is complete. I'll tag you when the card(s) is/are done so you know. :)

----------

Wow, claims are filling up fast! Thank you to everyone who is willing to help me out, you are all awesome. :D

I've updated the OP with everyone's claims, and will tag you when your card(s) is/are complete. Only 4 Pokémon remaining, 1 Stage 2 line (Stoutland) and one un-evolving Basic (Carbink).

If you have any questions, please ask. :3

Here is Umbreon! I hope it's okay.

Umbreon – Dark – 100HP
Stage 1 – Evolves from Eevee

[D] Lambent Strike: 20 damage. If this Pokemon evolved from Eevee this turn, this attack does 40 more damage.

[D][C] Shadow Fang: 50 damage. The Defending Pokemon cannot retreat during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: 1

The light of the moon changed Eevee's genetic structure. It lurks in darkness for prey.

It looks wonderful, thanks so much! <3 I'll tag you to let you know when the card itself is done. It'll be the first "real" card I've made aside from the silly Pikachu in the OP. :) Should be done either tomorrow or early next week.

Oh what the hell. Stoutland? I can do this.

Awesome, thank you! :D Added~

And that fills up the list of all the Pokémon I need made up for now. It'll probably take me a while to get all of these cards made, especially since I need to do art for each of them, but thank you all for your help and support! <3

I have a greater appreciation for this big goofy dog now.

Lillipup
Lillipup [C] (40HP)

Ability: Facial Fur Radar
If your opponent’s active Pokémon has no damage counters on it, Lillipup has no retreat cost.

[C] Play Rough 20

Lillipup does 10 damage to itself.

Weakness [F]

Resistance

Retreat Cost [C][C]

The long hair around its face provides an amazing radar that lets it sense subtle changes in its surroundings.

RV 15/23
Herdier
Herdier [C] (80HP)

Ability: Trainer’s Best Friend
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may search your deck for an evolution card. Shuffle your deck, then put that card on top of it.

[C][C] Retaliate 30

If any of your Pokémon were knocked out by damage from an opponent’s attack during his or her last turn, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness [F]

Resistance

Retreat Cost [C][C]

Always obedient and faithful to their Trainers, Herdier have helped them raise other Pokémon since long ago.

RV 16/23
Stoutland
Stoutland [C] (120HP)

Ability: Rescue Ranger
When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokemon, you may put a basic Pokémon from your discard pile onto your bench.

[C][C][C] Giga Impact 70

Weakness [F]

Resistance

Retreat Cost [C][C]

It rescues people stranded by blizzards in the mountains. Its shaggy fur shields it from the cold.

RV 17/23
They are ability-focussed, hopefully that is okay. If you have tweaks please recommend them.

Abilities are fine just fine! :D Though they'll look a bit different on my cards since I'm using an older set. I'm not really much of a TCG player so I can't say too much about the cards effects themselves, but they look good to me. :3

Abilities are fine just fine! :D Though they'll look a bit different on my cards since I'm using an older set.
They will probably look better, honestly, I like the old pokemon power template, but I like the phrasing of "ability" so much more.
Have fun! Can't wait to see the finished product!

Back