TCG Fakes Athena's Fakes: Rainbow Valley (Promo Umbreon - 10 Jun)

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
1VUUXXk.png

Hello and welcome to my thread! I've been really intrigued with image TCG faking ever since I saw CMP's Neo Redux set, and after much deliberation, I have finally started to make some image fakes of my own. I'm still fairly new to this game, but that's what practice is for! I hope that I can post my fake cards up here for advice and feedback, and so grow better as a faker.

Faking Info & Goals

Right now, I'm am using blanks from CMP's Neo Redux set for my faking. CMP was kind enough to provide me with some detailed .PSD files for making the most out of his blanks, though I've made some small changes already. As I get more comfortable with faking, I hope to branch into Trainer cards, EXes, Full Arts, and eventually even customizing blanks of my own, though I have a lot of work before I can get there. I currently also make my own art for all cards that I produce.

Current Project

Rainbow Valley

Rainbow Valley is a small, simple set that I decided to make to begin making image-based fakes in earnest. Basically, since it's a starter set (so to speak), I simply chose one Pokémon or evolutionary line from each 11 main TCG types. :D

Because I am not particularly knowledgeable about the TCG, I am looking for text-fake collaborators to help me complete this set. If you are interested, please see the section below for collaborator information!

1. Bellsprout - Jaxsin
  2. Weepinbell - Jaxsin
  3. Victreebel - Jaxsin
  4. Vulpix - SF
  5. Ninetails - SF
  6. Shellos - GadgetJax
  7. Gastrodon - GadgetJax
  8. Mareep - bbninjas
  9. Flaafy - bbninjas
  10. Ampharos - bbninjas
  11. Tyrunt - Reggie
  12. Tyrantrum - Reggie
  13. Ekans - Vom
  14. Arbok - Vom
  15. Lillipup - fleshrum
  16. Herdier - fleshrum
  17. Stoutland - fleshrum
  18. Absol - zz3kE
  19. Skarmory - Jabberwork
  20. Goomy - tgk
  21. Sliggoo - tgk
  22. Goodra - tgk
  23. Carbink - Serpens

This list will be updated with links to the card images as they are finished.

Text Fake Collaborators

It's no secret: I'm not very knowledgeable about the TCG. Mostly I'm a collector who enjoys cards for their aesthetic value. :D As such, while I can make cards completely on my own, they would mostly feature boring, unimaginative attacks. That's hopefully where you come in. :3

I am looking for text-based fakers to help me with creating cards to use in my set. Basically, you would supply the card text and attributes, and I would convert that information into an image-based fake with my own artwork for use in my set. Text fakers would, of course, be credited, in-thread (and on the card if possible).

If you are interesting in helping me out, please see below for which sets/cards are looking for collaborators and more details and feel free to ask if you have any questions.If you have decided to help, please post in this thread to indicate which card(s) you would like to make, and I will add your name to the OP. Once your card(s) is completed, post up the text in this thread. I will let you know when the card is finished and post it up here. If you would like to claim another card(s), you may do so at that time.

Please do not complete and post a card before I confirm it, since that card may already be called by someone else. Once you have a claim for a particular Pokémon or evolutionary line, you will not be allowed to claim a new one until the card for your claim is fully complete and I have posted the card image in this thread.

Rainbow Valley: XY-era, power wise, but no EXes or Ancient Traits. Possibilities include an evolutionary line or single Pokémon of your choice. Please see set list above for available Pokémon. (all claimed!)

Other Cards: Told a friend I'd draw an Umbreon next, and I'd like to make a card of it, even if it's not in my set, so if you'd like to whip that up, you're welcome to! (Umbreon, claimed!) Also, if you are interested in collaborating with me to make a card for something, please let me know. :)

Completed Sets/Cards

So far, I've only made one, the Pikachu posted up above. :p You can see the full version here!

First official card: Promo Umbreon

Rainbow Valley is now officially in progress! You can view completed card by clicking on the links in the set list above.

Comments & Critiques

I'm fairly new to this still, so I would appreciate all of the critiquing and advice you can give me. It's the only way I can grow!

Special Thanks

CMP for originally inpisiring me to make fake cards in the first place and making all sorts of cool files and offering me help and assistance, and PMJ for collaborating with me for a very long time in the Create-a-Card contests and getting me back to drawing Pokémon more regularly. <3

Much thanks are also offered up to bbninjas for being my official card editor and helping with checks and corrections for all text entries before I put them down as cards. <3

Text-Fake Contributors

All text-fake contributors will be listed here along with their contributions. Many thanks to everyone who has provided an awesome card text for me to make! :D

Ms Hugo: Umbreon (P1)
thegroyvlekid: Goomy (RV)

Last edited:
You're going to put me out of a job. D:

I could do some to help you. I may be in the middle of XY Reboot, but I have no deadline for it since I have no other sets planned for after that. Fan Fakers Unite!

That actually works out perfectly because I was planning on having Tyrunt and Tyrantrum in my next set! I am also having shelos and Gastrodon in it so I could do those as well :)

I'll take Vulpix and Ninetales, I think! When do they have to be done by?

No rush. Post them up when they're done. So long as you're not super zetta slow, I won't bug you or give away your spots or anything.

That actually works out perfectly because I was planning on having Tyrunt and Tyrantrum in my next set! I am also having shelos and Gastrodon in it so I could do those as well :)

GadgetJax beat you to those 2. :p But I'll put you down for the Tyrantrum line and you can always sign up for more if you want to after those cards are all finished. :D

Goomy HP: 60 [N]
Basic
704.gif
[N] Dragon Breath 10
Flip a coin. if heads, the defending Pokemon is now paralyzed.

[N][C] Call For Goomy
Search your deck for up to 3 Pokémon with Goomy in their name and put them onto your bench. shuffle your deck afterward.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Thanks to all of the people offering to help! I really appreciate it. <3

I even have my first submission, too. :D I guess Goomy is next up on my "to draw" list, right after I do the Umbreon that I promised a friend (I do plan on making a card of that, too, though it'll probably just a a boring one that I write).

@Athena, the OP has my name's abbreviation as TDK instead of TGK.

This is what I get for editing when I'm tired. :p And I only abbreviated in the first place because I've been typing your full name out too much recently! xD Fix'd

Athena, for the Goomy card, could you draw multiple Goomies on the card so it refrences "Call for Goomy" please? :>

Sliggoo HP: 80 [N]
704.png Stage 1: Evolves from Goomy
705.gif
[N] Goo Fling
This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply weakness and resistance for benched Pokémon.)

[N][N] Dragon's Spirit 20x
This attack does 20 damage times the amount of [N] Pokémon on your bench.

Weakness: [Y] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

Sure! :D Umbreon and my CaC art are first up on my list, but Goomy will be next.

Back