Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

I still stand by Basara Oboro, and for Takumi I say promote him to Kinshi Knight pre-marriage and then partner seal into Adventurer for the pretty scarf. I would choose Bow Knight but Adventurer bad boy Takumi sounds really hot ;)

Merchant Azama just sounds so fitting, but since Sakura may be the only other healer around I'd just stick him in the Great Master class. Also go with Priestess Sakura and pick up a Shining Bow (those are in Birthright somewhere right?)

Last edited:
but Adventurer bad boy Takumi sounds really hot ;)

... that actually does. >_>

Sadly, the only guaranteed Shining Bow in BR is from Battle Bonuses. You need like 800-some points and I'm currently at... *looks* 183, so that's probably not going to happen any time soon. Otherwise, I could get lucky in the Lottery or in Museum Melee.

Last I checked, a single swear word isn't enough to get an R rating, so I'd say so.

Chapter 15: Fox vs. Wolf - Round 1: FIGHT!

Rather than rush on to the next mission, we decided to hang out in the castle dimension for a while, resting and getting the heat off our back from that silly battle against the Nohrian forces. It gave us plenty of time to play the lottery, try on silly clothes, and of course have a bunch of conversations. Jabber took the opportunity to hunt down one of his retainers...

<Jabber> Hey Jesi, 'sup?
<Jesi> Lord Jabber! *bows* How may I serve you, milord?
<Jabber> Dude, chill, I'm not here to make you run more missions or anything. I actually wanted to thank you.
<Jesi> o.o?
<Jabber> You and Vom have been pretty invaluable help in this war. I was actually hoping I could give you something as a gift to thank you.
<Jesi> A gift...? I... I'm honoured, but...
<Jabber> Maybe a new forged shuriken? Or a lottery hat?
<Jesi> Milord, I'm... I'm just doing my job. I don't think that requires any kind of special treatment or gifts.
<Jabber> Well, if you're going to be that way about it, fine. In that case, I order you to think of a gift that I can give you. :U
<Jesi> o_o;;;
<Jabber> Good luck thinking something up! *strolls off*
<Jesi> Well, now what am I going to do... >.>
<Vom> At least you get a present... :<
Jesi and Jabber attained support level C!

Meanwhile, elsewhere in the castle, someone went to share a snack...

<Skyleaf> TGK! I got some more mochi if you'd like to share with me. :3
<TGK> Sure, I guess.... *noms* OH MAN THAT IS SO DELICIOUS.
<Skyleaf> Heehee! I think you really do like sweet things. ^_^
<TGK> Pfft, of course not. Sweets are for kids, and I refuse to be treated like a child. >.<
<Skyleaf> You mean... you won't eat what you like just because you want people to treat you like an adult? o_o;
<TGK> Well, obvs. I need to be mature and grown-up.
<Skyleaf> Hmmm... well, why don't you just have sweet things with me? It'll be our secret.
<TGK> Oh, sure, I'd be cool with that.
<Skyleaf> Hurray! We're pasty pals! ^_^
<TGK> Shh, not so loud. >.<
Skyleaf and TGK attained support level C!

I took the opportunity to wander around the dimension and explore outside the bounds of the castle.

<Athena> Man, it's kind of cloudy today. I was hoping we'd get some nicer weather. Still, it kind of reminds me of back home in Nohr.
<PMJ> Yeah, Nohr always had pretty crap weather, didn't it.
<Athena> Yep! It was always fun to watch Brave practicing in the rain.
<PMJ> It's still strange to me that you could have so many good experiences in that place.
<Athena> Yeah... I bet a lot of Hoshidans feel that way, too. Nohr is a pretty crap place on the surface.
<PMJ> Well, we'll just have to work together to help bridge the gaps between our countries. ^_^
<Athena> We've got a good start at least! Thanks for all of your help.
<PMJ> Awww, you know I'm happy to be of service. <3 *strolls off*
Athena and PMJ attained support level A!
<Athena> Ohhey, looks like Robin is just sitting and chilling out... I wonder what he's up to? Robin? You asleep?
<Robin> Nope, just meditating.
<Athena> Meditating? What's that?
<Robin> Here, I'll show you. Sit down next to me and be silent for a few moments.
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Robin> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Robin> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Robin> ... ... ...
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Robin> And that's meditation!
<Athena> Oh, huh, that's pretty relaxing. I'm sorry if I disturbed you.
<Robin> Oh, it's okay, I expect that of the unenlightened.
<Athena> Pardon me?
<Robin> Oh, look at the time, sorry, I must be off! *flees*
<Athena> o_o;
Athena and Robin attained support level C!
<Athena> Hmmm... and now I feel like I'm being watched. Is that you, Vom? >_>
<Vom> Took you long enough to spot me. If I were an enemy, you'd be dead.
<Athena> It's a good thing we're not in enemy territory, then. Why are you spying on me, anyway?
<Vom> I don't trust you.
<Athena> Oh, yeah, that's right, I'm from Nohr. PMJ told me that you had some kind of problem with her, too. I guess you're devoting your free time to keeping an eye on both of us, then?
<Vom> ... ... ...
<Athena> *sigh* Anything I can do to help you trust me more?
<Vom> Be true to Hoshido, and prove yourself to me. In the meantime, just remember that I'm watching you always.
<Athena> Even when--
<Vom> ESPECIALLY then. *disappears*
<Athena> o_o;;
Athena and Vom attained support level C!
<Vom> Ohgeez, I can't believe I fell into that Caltrops trap escaping from Athena... -_-;;;
<Skyleaf> Vom, is that you? What are you doing out here?
<Vom> If you're an enemy, just come finish me off. I'm done for.
<Skyleaf> Um, no, it's just me, Skyleaf. I was going for a walk, and... are you hurt? Let me grab my rod...
<Vom> Just leave me here to die, I'm done for...
<Skyleaf> Oh, stop being so melodramatic, it's just a few cuts. *rod!*
<Vom> >_>;;;
Skyleaf and PMJ attained support level A!

With that all said and done, I called everyone together to we could pop back into the real world and start progressing through the game war again properly. Back to Nohr!

<BB> I've finished my reconnaissance of the area, milady.
<Athena> Alright, how's the situation look?
<BB> Well, our retreat back to the castle realm seems to have confused the Nohrian troops, since they have no idea where we are...
<TGK> That's good!
<BB> ... so they've decided to pull back their troops and fortify the capital as much as possible, blocking all roads and routes.
<Aura> That's bad. :<
<Jabber> I'm pretty sure of a path that they wouldn't have blocked.
<Skyleaf> That's good!
<Jabber> It leads through Mount Garou, otherwise known as the Impassable Peak.
<Robin> That's bad. D:
<BB> Oh geez, Mount Garou? We'd be better off fighting the whole Nohrian army at once!
<Palutena> That's very bad. >.>
<Athena> It doesn't seem like we have much of a choice, though.
<BB> *sigh* Very well, I'll lead us there.​

And then BB proceeded to lead us on a grueling march up the side of a mountain. Geez, no wonder the Nohrians left this path open; no one would want to climb this. >_<

<Athena> I think I preferred the eternal stairway. At least that had stairs.
<Wolfskin> Hey, that's my mountain you're talking smack about! *growl*
<Skyleaf> Eeek! *hides behind TGK*
<Xerneas> What are these beasts? o_o;
<Jabber> These would be Wolfskin, a tribe with shapeshifting abilities. They're the main reason this route is considered so deadly.
<Celever> Like me, but uglier! :D
<Keaton> Oi, what are you guys doing on our mountain? Are you here to steal our fur?
<Athena> No, of course not! We just want to pass through your territory, if that would be okay. Everyone, set down your weapons, and show we mean them no harm.
<Vom> I don't like this...
<Jesi> Come on, you've been following Athena's lead so far, let's trust her this time.​

We all carefully put our weapons down and the Wolfskin seemed to be lowering their guard, but suddenly a purple explosion flared up, incinerating one of the wolfmen.

<Xerneas> That... that looked like the same kind of magic as the explosion from your sword.
<Athena> *groan* Don't tell me we were set up AGAIN?!
<Keaton> Traitors! You did this!
<Athena> No, please, this wasn't us, I swear, it was--
<Keaton> I KNEW I shouldn't have trusted humans! None of you will leave this place alive! Awooooo!!!
<Athena> *sigh* I guess we get another battle then. Everyone to arms!​

I didn't really want to hurt the poor Wolfskin, but on the other hand, I knew that they would accept nothing less than total subjugation so we broke out our weapons and moved forward to attack them all. The twisting mountain path led towards their city centre in a snake, though the wolves themselves could easily climb the mountains to attack us from all sides.

Thankfully, they were neither particularly smart nor powerful, and it didn't take us all too long to bet them. Their leader Keaton even rushed at me in a range and I smacked him with my Naginata before Xerneas got the kill. In the end, we left their entire tribe wounded or KOed.

<Athena> I feel bad about it, but honestly, I dunno what else I could have done.
<BB> Hey, don't feel too bad, it wasn't your fault. Know that I'll always be by your side to support you.

Suddenly, the ground started shaking violently beneath our feet. Ohshi- earthquake!

<Jesi> It's an earthquake!
<Athena> I just said that!
<Vom> No, it's a landslide, the mountain is collapsing!
<Athena> Ohshi-​

The ground gave way underneath my feet, but before I could plunge into the depths of the cavern beneath, BB dashed forward and grabbed my hand, holding me.

<Athena> BB, you're slipping! Let me go or we'll both die!
<BB> No, don't worry, I think I see a plot device over there! It's a crystal growing out of the rock or something. If I can just hit it with my... *shuriken!*​

As soon as BB's weapon touched the crystal thing, it exploded! Instead of doing the sensible thing and killing us both as well as the rest of our party, the explosion simply blew me upwards, saving my life as well as BB's.

<Athena> What... What was that thing?
<BB> I'm pretty sure it's a plot device crystal. I had hoped it would save you and I was right.
<Athena> Oh, BB, I'm so glad we got that A Support so that we could have this nice tender moment together.
<BB> Yeah, srsly, I probably would have died or something otherwise.
<PMJ> Well, so long as everyone's safe.
<Jabber> And we've made it to the summit, too! Soon we be at the capital's doorsteps.
<Athena> Woohoo! Time for a castle break! \o/​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 19 Great Lord
Skyleaf - Lv. 19 Shrine Maiden
PMJ - Lv. 22 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 20 Ninja
Aura - Lv. 19 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 19 Monk
TGK - Lv. 19 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 20 Spear Master
Xerneas - Lv. 20 Archer
Jesi - Lv. 19 Ninja
Celever - Lv. 19 Lodestar
Jabber - Lv. 4 Swordmaster

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Outlaw (Heart), Nohr Princess (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Skyleaf - Sky Knight (Heart/Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Priestess
PMJ - Falcon Knight (Heart), Kinshi Knight (Heart), Onmyoji (Friendship), Priestess (Friendship), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Vom - Samurai (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist
Aura - Villager (Heart), Archer (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Robin - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Onmyoji, Great Master
TGK - Diviner (Heart), Oni Savage (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Palutena - Apothecary (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Spear Master, Basara
Xerneas - Spear Fighter (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Sniper, Kinshi Knight
Jesi - Diviner (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Master Ninja, Mechanist
Celever - Diviner (Heart), Kitsune (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions N/A
Jabber - Master of Arms (Heart), Falcon Knight (Heart), Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Boo Camp - Standard EXP grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dread Fighter - 1 available
Dark Flyer - 2 available
Lodestar (males only) - 1 only - reserved for Kaden
Grandmaster (males only) - unlimited
Vanguard (males only) - unlimited
Ballistician (males only) - unlimited

Witch (females only) - 1 in hand (unlimited)

NOTE: We also get one free of either the Ballistician class OR the Witch class without playing DLC. Please vote for which you'd like!

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Azura/PMJ - Sakura/Skyleaf
Sakura/Skyleaf - Azura/PMJ*
Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, Strengthtaker, and Defenstaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill during PP, max of +10) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Ohnoes, we've been tricked into fighting the Wolkskin! And then BB almost dies in one of the most cheesy and tacked-on plot devices in the game! However will we persevere?!

Quite easily, actually. The Wolfskin all aggro like crazy but they're one-ranged locked and not particularly strong or bright. We pretty much just keep moving forward and sweeping them up as they come, passing exp around like candy.

And speaking of exp, we'll likely be promoting everyone next chapter, so now's your chance to get some votes in for promotions! Here's what's been suggested so far:

Vom: Mechanist
Palutena: Basara
Jesi: Master Ninja
Xerneas: Adventurer
Robin: Great Master
Skyleaf: Onmyoji

If you'd like to give your input, now's the time to speak up! :D

We've got quite a few Supports unlocked from this chapter, including our first two S Supports, so I might do a "chapter" of just writing up supports in the next couple days because those are pretty long to do even aside from playing/writing the rest of the chapter. That said, dunno when next update will be, but I hope you look forward to it!

Last edited:
Lol I'm pretty sure Kaden isn't the leader of the Wolfskins :p

Wow, that's probably one of the dumbest mistakes I've ever made in this playthrough. -_-;; Why are their names so similar, anyway?!

Even funnier, when you mentioned that, I went back to fix it and... I completely blanked on Keaton's name. Couldn't remember it for the life of me. Ended up having to look it up. *sigh* It's much too early...

Wow, that's probably one of the dumbest mistakes I've ever made in this playthrough. -_-;; Why are their names so similar, anyway?!

Even funnier, when you mentioned that, I went back to fix it and... I completely blanked on Keaton's name. Couldn't remember it for the life of me. Ended up having to look it up. *sigh* It's much too early...
I am triggered you forgot the name of my one true love, Keaton <3

I love Keaton, too, which is what made the name-blanking that much weirder. Could picture him perfectly in my head, his name was just a bunch of ???. This happens to me in real life, too; kinda sucks.

Lol I'm pretty sure Kaden isn't the leader of the Wolfskins :p
Rawr, I could pass for a wolfie! >:L

I'm just a super loyal wolfie who loves returning favours! ^3^
I love Keaton, too, which is what made the name-blanking that much weirder. Could picture him perfectly in my head, his name was just a bunch of ???. This happens to me in real life, too; kinda sucks.
NGL, the same thing actually happened to me when I read the chapter. I realised Kaden was wrong, but I didn't want to post because I couldn't remember the name of the real lead wolfskin, despite being able to picture him >.>

Hey Athena, just out of curiousity, how many hours do you have in Fire Emblem Fates? (All playthroughs combined)
I just started another Revelation Playthrough and named My Unit ''traitor'' It's the most hilarious name in dialogue.

Spread word among the troops. traitor has turned traitor! ~Xander

You wouldn't betray us, traitor? ~Ryoma

Also Great Master is fine with me, I look cool that way and I don't find Azama the type that only heals units...

Hey Athena, just out of curiousity, how many hours do you have in Fire Emblem Fates? (All playthroughs combined)

According to the 3DS Activity Log, I've got 177:48 in Fates so far, which is the highest playtime I have on my 3DS account, though that doesn't account for the vast majority of the hours that I put into Awakening since that was logged on hubby's 3DS.

According to the 3DS Activity Log, I've got 177:48 in Fates so far, which is the highest playtime I have on my 3DS account, though that doesn't account for the vast majority of the hours that I put into Awakening since that was logged on hubby's 3DS.

Ugh, I already got 210+ hours in Fire Emblem Fates, and there I was thinking you exceeded me so I could feel better :p

Back