Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright - Playthrough Complete! Stay tuned for the next one...

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
Cool. :3 Who did you want to have that one? In terms of character stats, the best person to get it would be Skyleaf or Palutena of our current characters, or Rhajat/DNA once we recruit her, but any of the female characters can use it (and this game is easy enough that it's not a super big deal if a character would suck in a particular class).
I've got no idea who half the units are, as I'm still very early in the game (Chapter 3 or so--the one where the player gets sent to scout out the abandoned fort after Rinkah and Jakob are almost killed), and I don't really know what's good on who yet, so I'll need to feel things out a bit more before I can really understand it fully. Trying to imagine Sakura as a Witch, though, and I kinda wanna see that.

I hope you enjoy Conquest in the meantime! I like it much better than Birthright myself. :p
Thanks! What I've played of it so far is pretty good, so I think I'll enjoy it. Lost in Thoughts All Alone is an awesome song.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I still say save the Witch's Mark for Rhajat since she's one of the few female units we (will) have that has competent magic stats. I've played with Witch Sakura a few times and she's alright, but I think she's better off a healer while Rhajat makes a better offensive magic unit.

Last edited:

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
I still say save the Witch's Mark for Rhajat since she's one of the few female units we (will) have that has competent magic stats. I've played with Witch Sakura a few times and she's alright, but I think she's better off a healer while Rhajat makes a better offensive magic unit.

In Hoshido you get stupid low magical fire power. The best non-DLC class for magical characters in birthright is Basara. Onyimoji has some of the lowest stat caps of all the classes. Witch is amazing for rajhat just make her mother one of the few who give her more magic (Felica, Sakura or orochi)

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
In Hoshido you get stupid low magical fire power. The best non-DLC class for magical characters in birthright is Basara. Onyimoji has some of the lowest stat caps of all the classes. Witch is amazing for rajhat just make her mother one of the few who give her more magic (Felica, Sakura or orochi)
You're in luck, Sakura is the mother.

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
I am currently starting a Lunatic Classic Nohr playthrough. On the first level all the faceless have Grisly Wound.....oh man. A bad omen for things to come.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

I am currently starting a Lunatic Classic Nohr playthrough. On the first level all the faceless have Grisly Wound.....oh man. A bad omen for things to come.

Yay, more FE fans! :D You should come visit us in the Fire Emblem group thread, too! :D

I'm admittedly not very concerned about the lack of magical fire power. Birthright Hard Mode is so stupidly easily that it doesn't really matter.

And good luck with your Lunatic CQ run, too! :p I plan on tackling it at some point, too, just don't want to start up too many saves and get myself more burnt out than I already am.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Birthright Hard Mode is so stupidly easily that it doesn't really matter.
Y'know, you're really good at making me feel bad for getting totally stuck in Birthright and still not having beaten my file for it... on hard difficulty. >_>

I've almost got as far in Conquest hard as I have in Birthright hard, lol.

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
Y'know, you're really good at making me feel bad for getting totally stuck in Birthright and still not having beaten my file for it... on hard difficulty. >_>

The only problem level for me in Birthright was Camalias level where she rains fire on you the entire time. However, Lunatic birthright was still easy.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

To be fair, I've been playing Fire Emblem for over 10 years now (since FE7 on the GBA, so probably sometime 2004ish?), so I've had quite a long time to get used to the game style and develop proper strategies. :p BR is easy because it's got very simple level design, so it doesn't require a whole lot of tactics to play through. Hell, you can almost just toss a Ryoma/Corrin pair-up into every chapter with no one else and keep mashing end turn to win. Lowmanning is very powerful in BR to the point where using a full team is something of a hindrance rather than a help.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Also, I do want to make a formal apology for going so long without an update. I've been very busy as of late, and the gaming time that I do have is mostly being spent powering through Dual Destinies again to make sure I finish it in time for AA6's release next week. So, it'll probably be a bit longer still before we have another update. Sorry for the inconvenience. <3

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have no idea what's going on.

Miss you Athena, play mafia more <3

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I have no idea what's going on.

Miss you Athena, play mafia more <3

Mafia here is too long and angry and everyone gets mad at me. :p (I do enjoy it, but I just really don't have the time to spend on it)

I should be back to this playthrough as soon as PokéNews cools down and I finish up SoJ, so probably next week!

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Chapter 16: It's been 3,000 years...

<Athena> So, uh, guys, how's everyone doing?
<Xerneas> Athena! <3
<Skyleaf> Big sister, it's so good to see you! :D
<Robin> It really has been quite some time since you've shown your face around here. You even missed my birthday! D:
<Athena> I'm sorry, I just had some legal matter to attend to. :<
<Jabber> Does this mean you're finally ready for us to move on into Nohr now?
<Athena> Yep, we should be good.
<Everyone> \o/
<Palutena> Hurray! Let's go kill us some Nohrian scum. >:3
<Athena> So, does anyone feel like reminding me where we left off?
<PMJ> We were trying to figure out a way deeper into Nohr, and we ended up taking the path through Mount Garou.
<Celever> And there were a bunch of mean wolves there, so we bravely fought them off! Bow! Bam!
<BB> At the end of the battle, you were targeted by some kind of explosive device, but I managed to rescue you.
<Jesi> And then we came back here, and a bunch of us got these sweet new promotions! :D
<Vom> Additionally, some of us found love. <3
<Aura> And we've been hanging around here ever since, for the most part.
<TGK> It's been... pretty boring since then. ._.;
<Athena> Alright, well, before we do anything else, I'm going to steal a Seal and pop into an bow-wielding class so I can put to use all that training that I've been doing with Xerneas. Athena reclassed into Outlaw!
<Xerneas> \o/!
<Jabber> My sister is an Outlaw? I mean, I understand wanting to use a bow, but... o_o;
<Athena> It'll make me more sneaky. >:3
<Jabber> .... right. Well, shall we get going then?
<Athena> Yes, please!​

We teleported back to where we left Nohr and headed in the direction of the nearest city, a place known as Macareth.

<Athena> You know, for being a city, this place looks... pretty deserted and boring.
<Jabber> Well, the town is mostly known for performances and gambling, but I bet war isn't really good for that kind of business.
<PMJ> Perhaps we should stick to the outskirts... even with things being pretty quiet, we don't want to attract too much attention.
<Xerneas> Yeah, let's... *cough* go around... *cough cough*
<Athena> You okay, hun? o.o;
<Xerneas> Don't worry about me, I'm *cough* I'm fine... *collapse*
<Athena> Xerneas! D:
<Skyleaf> Here, let me take a look at him.
<Robin> I'll help!
<Jabber> Do you know what's wrong? Is he sick?
<Skyleaf> These spots on his throat... ohnoes.
<Athena> What is it? ;~;
<Robin> I'm afraid Xerneas has contracted athe rare and local disease called Plotdeviceitis.
<Skyleaf> Ohshi- If he isn't treated soon, he could die!
<Xerneas> Nah, this'll probably go away on its own, don't worry about me. x__x;;
<Skyleaf> There's a special herb that could sure him instantly, if only we had some of it.
<PMJ> There should be an apothecary at the Macareth Palace. Do you think the herb would be there, especially if this illness is a local malady?
<Vom> So we just storm a castle full of Nohrians? I thought we were trying to be sneaky!
<Jesi> If the castle is as deserted as the rest of this city, hopefully it won't be too bad.
<Jabber> *nods* The palace belongs to King Keeper, after all, and we know he's busy with the war effort, so he's probably just left a skeleton staff to care for the place in his absence.
<Palutena> Besides, it's not like we can just let the prince of Hoshido die because we're scared of a few Nohrians! >_<
<Athena> It's settled. We head for the palace.​

As a group, we walked carefully in the direction of the palace and hopped the fence to enter the courtyard. The area did seem to be mostly deserted, and we were able to make a break for a hallway and scout around. There were no signs of any guards, not even a token force, but we tensed up when we heard footsteps approaching. I grabbed my bow and stood shoulder to shoulder with Jabber as the approaching enemy rounded the corner...

<Athena> Wait, Flora? My old maid? What are you doing here? o_o;
<Flora> Lady Athena?! What are YOU doing here?? o____o;;
<Athena> Well, I, uh...
<Flora> Oh, this is silly, come with me, let's talk in secret.​

Flora led us deeper into the castle into an abandoned storeroom where we could talk safely.

<Flora> Oh, it's so good to see you my lady! <3
<Athena> It's good to see you too. :3 So, mind filling us in on what's going on?
<Flora> Well, Keeper closed off the Northern Fortress after you left, so we've all been sent to different posts. I was reassigned here. It's not a very exciting job, but there you have it. I'm afraid it's not a very interesting story, but I'll admit I'm pretty happy to be kept far away from Keeper.
<Athena> I don't blame you!
<Flora> So, what brings you all here anyway? This is quite the party you've formed up.
<Jabber> Well, the tl;dr is that my brother here is sick and needs some medicine. Do you have anything here to cure Plotdeviceitis?
<Flora> It just so happens I do! You guys stay here. I'll sneak out to get you the medicine, then show you where to sneak back out so you won't get seen.
<Iago> *teleports in* Awww, isn't that cute, the little traitor girl wants to help her little traitor friends. :3
<Athena> Iago! I bet you were the one who set up that attack in Cheve, weren't you?
<Iago> Me? Oh, no. As much as I'd love to take credit for that, I'm afraid it belongs to one of your little friends.
<Athena> Huh? o_o;
<Flora> Iago, no one wants to listen to your bullshit, so just get out of here, would you?
<Iago> *fireball*
<Flora> Oooh, ouch, that was totally uncalled for. :<
<Iago> Was it now? *more fireballs*
<Flora> Lady Athena... run... x_x;;
<Athena> Flora! D:
<Iago> Oh, don't worry about her, she's just... taking a little nap. Now, shall we get onto the battle? I'd hate to disappoint the soldiers lying in wait all around here.
<Athena> Fine, whatever, let's kill your lackeys.
<Iago> Excellent! :3 *teleports to boss location*​

We armed ourselves and prepared for battle. Everyone but Xerneas, that is; despite his protests, he was too weak to fight, and I had him sit out. Enemies began pouring out of the woodwork and even attacking us over walls. I couldn't help but spy a bunch of thieves as well, so I has us charge forward quickly to stop them before they could loot the palace. After all, that was OUR loot.

I'd hardly shot more than a couple enemies with my new bow before I realized I'd level capped, so I dug into my convoy-of-holding and pulled out a Master Seal. Athena promoted into Bow Knight! The leveling also helped me in other ways, namely magically teaching me how to pick locks, so I was able to help the ninjas open doors and pilfer chests as we worked our way through.

Our aggressive strategy left us injured rather frequently, so Skyleaf and Robin were forced to spend most of their time healing instead of using their newfound weapons, though I let them get a couple kills. Similarly, Palutena was having a blast with her newfound magical abilities, blasting enemies left and right with her Bolt Nagi.

We kept pushing onward as fast as possible, though I quickly left my comrades in the dust as I raced onward, shooting down all of the thieves. Everyone else followed be from behind, a bit slower, cleaning up my messes, though there were plenty of kills and exp to go around. Iago charged forward when he saw how badly we were decimating his army, but Aura took him without a scratch (grabbing a very nice level for herself in the process as well).

TGK and Skyleaf finished up the last few enemies while I looted the last room of chests and we were done with the level. I stuffed the treasures in my bag, dusted my hands off, and went to the throne room were Iago was being held.

<Athena> So, Iago...
<Iago> So, Athena... :3
<Athena> If you tell how how you learned we were here, I'd let you leave here alive.
<Iago> You think I need your permission to leave? You hold no true power over me. But I will answer your question because it amuses me. You've been betrayed! Bwahahahahaha!! It was the traitor in your midst that betrayed your friends in Cheve, and they betrayed you again here as well. But who could it be? Is there anyone in your party that you can fully trust? Enjoy sleeping tonight, little princess! *teleports away*
<Athena> A traitor, huh? Just what we need, more problems. *sigh*
<Xerneas> Don't believe him, Athena, he's just trying to get into your head. He knows that trusting people is your greatest strength so he's trying to take you down in your mind. *cough*
<Flora> *groans*
<Athena> Oh, that's right, I almost forgot Flora!
<Flora> Man that is one nasty headache... anyway, let me get you that medicine now.​

Flora got the medicine and brought us to a room where we could rest. The medicine worked wonders, and soon Xerneas was sleeping soundly.

<Flora> Once he gets a good night's sleep he should be fine. You can stay here for now; he shouldn't move much anyway.
<Xerneas> Zzzzz...
<Athena> Thank you! I'll take you up on that offer, and then we'll continue our mission toward the capital in the morning.
<Flora> About that... I was hoping I might ask you to come with me to my village first.
<Athena> Visit the Ice Tribe?
<Flora> It would give you some time to rest and recuperate before you press onward. Our village is full of strong warriors, so you'd be safe. Plus, I... I've always wanted to show you my home.
<Xerneas> No, please... look behind the curtain... Zzzz...
<Athena> Xerneas, everything okay? o.o;
<Flora> I'm sure he's just talking in his sleep. Come, let's get some rest ourselves before we continue our journey.​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 2 Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Lv. 1 Onmyoji
PMJ - Lv. 23 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 1 Mechanist
Aura - Lv. 21 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 1 Great Master
TGK - Lv. 20 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 1 Basara
Xerneas - Lv. 1 Adventurer
Jesi - Lv. 2 Master Ninja
Celever - Lv. 21 Lodestar
Jabber - Lv. 4 Swordmaster

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Great Lord, Nohr Princess (Heart), Archer (Partner) DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Adventurer, Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Priestess, Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart/Friendship), DLC classes (DLC)
PMJ - Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart), Onmyoji, Priestess (Friendship), DLC classes (DLC)
Vom - Master Ninja, Swordmaster, Master of Arms (Heart), Spear Master, Basara (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Aura - Merchant, Master of Arms, Sniper, Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Robin - Onmyoji, Mechanist, Merchant (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
TGK - Diviner, Oni Savage (Heart), DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: N/A
Palutena - Spear Master, Mechanist, Merchant (Heart), Master Ninja, Mechanist (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Xerneas - Sniper, Kinshi Knight, Spear Master, Basara (Heart), Bow Knight (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Jesi - Mechanist, Basara, Onmyoji (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Celever - Ninetails, Basara, Onmyoji (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Jabber - Master of Arms, Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Boo Camp - Standard EXP grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dread Fighter - 1 available
Dark Flyer - 2 available
Grandmaster (males only) - unlimited
Vanguard (males only) - unlimited
Ballistician (males only) - unlimited

Witch (females only) - 1 in hand reserved for Rhajat (unlimited)

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, Strengthtaker, and Defenstaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill during PP, max of +10) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Hey, look, it's this thing! It's alive! :D

As promised, I'm back with updates now that I've finished up Spirit of Justice, though daily updates are still rather impractical at the moment. Except maybe 2-3 a week until October 13th, then I might have to take another break for a while for some personal stuff.

As requested, I've reclassed Athena into Outlaw, though she only had 31 exp left until she would level cap, so I ended up promoted her pretty quickly to Bow Knight. I chose Bow Knight over Adventurer for a number of reasons: Xerneas is already an Adventurer, Bow Knight keeps Yato access, Bow Knight also gives better move, and Bow Knight is just one of my favourite classes, so there you go. In fact, with Mov+1 and Boots, Athena actually have a native 10 mov which is really great. >_> I kept her using her bow as much as possible to quickly break out of E Rank, and she's already almost there.

Chapter itself is a pretty easy one. The most difficult thing is getting the thieves before they pilfer the chests, so you need to move kind of quickly. I was dumb and impatient at first and PMJ died once to my stupidity, so I reset and did even better the second time around. :U

The plot for this chapter is pretty weak. Ohnoes, Xerneas contacted some mysterious illness that will kill him so we have to go to this shady palace in a place we had no other reason to visit and Flora just happens to be here to save us. Elise's illness in CQ isn't any better, though at least that chapter is a bit more amusing.

Anyway, tomorrow will be somewhat busy, so probably no proper chapter until next week, though I may do some Support write-ups tomorrow. Supports take a really long time to do, so if I do those separately, it'll increase my chances of getting the next chapter up sooner. :p

Hope you all enjoyed! <3

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Chapter 17: Barbecue at the Ice Tribe!

We didn't really have much to do in Macareth Palace, so most people just kind of chilled out and chatter with one another. Or in some cases, chatted in ways that weren't quite so chill...

<Aura> %^&*()&*%^$& Robin, stop ^&*()%&$%^&* chasing me! >_<
<Robin> Whoa, language! This is a PG-13 site you know.
<Aura> I'll quit &^*%^$ swearing when you stop %^&*(*& chasing me! I thought you were going to insult me, not literally run me into the ground!
<Robin> Insults? Never. I might be a bit sarcastic, but I would never stoop that low, no matter what any rumours say about me.
<Aura> Really? You mean it? I'm sorry I treated you that badly, then...
<Robin> Oh, no trouble. I rather like having a bad reputation anyway.
<Aura> So, uh, I guess we can stop running now...
<Robin> Have it your way, I was just getting warmed up! *zooms off*
<Aura> What a nutcase...
Robin and Aura attained support level A!
<TGK> Hey, Skyleaf, I brought you a present!
<Skyleaf> Oooh, honey dumplings, my favourite. :3
<TGK> Yeah, I found some being baked in the kitchens. Dive in!
<Skyleaf> Thank you so much! *omnomnom*
<TGK> Also, I wanted to ask you something....
<Skyleaf> *gulp* Yes?
<TGK> So, uh, why'd you choose to share your mochi with me? You now, back before...
<Skyleaf> Oh, well, you see, I thought we were the same age so we might get along, but I guess I was wrong. You're so much more grown-up than I am! Always thinking about your tribe and all...
<TGK> You're always thinking of others too! I mean, you even came up with a whole elaborate scheme just to share treats with me!
<Skyleaf> Heehee, yeah, that was pretty fun.
<TGK> Though I guess we don't need to be secretive about it anymore I've decided that I should be myself, no matter what anyone else thinks!
<Skyleaf> Oh TGK, I'm so glad to hear that! ^_^
<TGK> I still want to be pastry pals with you though!
<Skyleaf> Of course! Here, have a dumpling. :3
TGK and Skyleaf attained support level A!
<Athena> Oh, hey, Robin, mind if I meditate with you for a bit?
<Robin> Sure, no problem!
<Athena> I hope I'm not a bother, I just can't seem to do it right on my own, and you're always so peac--
<Robin> Shut up!
<Athena> Oops, sorry, I--
<Robin> No, I mean it. Silence.
<Athena> ... ... ...
<Robin> ... ... ...
<Noise> *makes noises*
<Athena> AaaahhHH! What's what?!
<Robin> brb
<Athena> o_o;
<Robin> There, one dead bear.
<Athena> You just... killed... a bear...
<Robin> Well, yeah, it would have attacked us otherwise. You know, since it's a bear and all.
<Athena> In that case, thank you for saving us!
<Robin> Happy to be of service! Now, let's get this meat prepared and bring it to Flora. I'm sure we'd all love a nice bear stew tonight!
<Athena> What, right now? o_o;
<Robin> Of course, while it's fresh! Here, hold these intestines.
<Athena> I just wanted to meditate...
Robin and Athena attained support level B!

After a nice meal consisting of most bear meat stew, we settled down to rest up for the night, me by Xerneas's side to make sure nothing happened to him. By the time the morning rolled around, we were all fresh and rested and ready for an exciting journey to visit the Ice Tribe where nothing bad is going to happen. Nope. Totally nope. Not a single bad thing.

<Athena> We must be on the right track, based on the temperature if nothing else.
<Celever> And so much fun snow! :D
<Aura> I haven't felt my toes in over an hour... ._.;
<Flora> Don't worry, there's a warm cabin waiting for you at the end.
<Athena> Yes, thank you for all of your help, Flora.
<Jesi> And such superb navigation skills as well. We've somehow managed to avoid running into any Nohrian troops.
<Flora> Oh, just lucky I guess. This is a pretty straight route.
<Xerneas> Are you okay, Athena? You seem kind of down.
<Athena> I guess the business with Iago is still bothering me. I'd hate to think I can't trust anyone here, but...
<Jabber> Try not to worry about it too much, Athena. Just because it happened with Zola doesn't mean it will happen again.
<Athena> But still...
<Xerneas> Alright, let's look at it one step at a time. Do you trust me?
<Athena> With all my heart!
<Jabber> And my and Skyleaf?
<Athena> Of course!
<Jabber> What about my retainers, Vom and Jesi?
<Palutena> Or me!
<Robin> Or me? *waggles eyebrows*
<Athena> I believe in all of you!
<Jabber> How do you know?
<Athena> Well, I... I guess it's just a gut feeling.
<Jabber> See, there you go. You have a strong intuition and natural charisma. Follow your strength. Don't second guess yourself just because you lack the years of a more experienced commander.
<Athena> I guess you're right, but... that same intuition is telling me that Iago wasn't lying.
<Jabber> Well, I guess all you can do is focus on the problems at hand.
<Flora> In any event, we're here!
<Everyone> \o/
<Flora> I'mma go check in with the village elders, brb. *flees*​

While Flora went off to prepare a cabin for us, the rest of us huddled in the village in the cold. And wind. And snow. And is it just me or is it actually getting colder?

<Palutena> Not just you, I'm definitely feeling the bite, and Vom is shaking in his boots even if he won't admit it to me.
<Vom> *glares* A ninja feels no cold.
<PMJ> Oh, look, here comes Flora now.
<TGK> And... some red guys? Those aren't enemies, are they?
<Flora> I'm sorry, Athena... everyone...
<Jabber> Flora? What's going on?
<Flora> Lady Athena must die. She betrayed Nohr and King Garon. It is the king's will. Everyone else, stand back or I'll be forced to destroy you too.
<Xerneas> You don't just think we'll sit here and let you kill Athena, do you?
<Flora> *sigh* Very well. I suppose it'll be destruction for everyone then, such a pity.
<Athena> Flora, you don't have to do this, please! You can stop this and join us... You don't have to capitulate to that monster! I bet he has some kind of hold on you, doesn't he?
<Flora> I am doing this of my own will. If you would choose to live, you must fight me!​

We quickly prepared for battle but... there didn't seem to be any enemies. Flora had magically teleported to her boss location at the far corner of the map, but there was nothing else around us but swirling cold and wind and snow. And houses! Always eager to help, Celever ran over to one of them to warn the inhabitants about the upcoming battle to make sure they stayed indoors.

<Celever> Hello there! I'm your friendly neighborhood fox boy and--
<Old Woman> Ahhh! Hoshidans! Help! Help!
<Celever> No, I'm not here to hurt you, I'm--
<Old Woman> HEEEEEELLLLPPP!!!!
<Celever> My feelings are so hurt right now. :<​

At the old woman's cry, a number of reinforcements appeared amidst the snow, finally giving us an enemy to fight. We continued the pattern, visiting the villages to lure out the reinforcements for easy exp; it's not like these Ice Tribe scrubs were much of a challenge, after all. One of the villages even gave us some gold instead!

Finally, we were close enough to tackle Flora. I expected her to be a bit of a challenge to take down, but instead TGK managed to magic her down in a single round.

<Flora> Thank you... for stopping me...
<Athena> Seriously, please, tell me... wtf is going on?
<Flora> I guess I have nothing else to lose now, so I may as well tell you... Garon said he'd destroy the whole Ice Tribe if I refused to agree to his plans.
<Athena> And this bullshit is the exact reason we need to stand together and fight against this monster! >_<
<Flora> It was my choice to make. I knew that I would either take you out, or you would take me out. Either way, only a few lives would be spared for the sake of all those innocents. And so I chose to betray you. For that, I deserve to die.
<Athena> No you don't! We can fix this, please, come join us, for reals this time!
<Flora> Nope, I'mma set myself on fire now. After all, this game needs some more dramatic deaths. *wooosh*
<Athena> Nooooo.... :<
<Flora> I should have done this as soon as Garon threatened my people. Maybe I could have taken him out, too. I don't think he has any fire extinguishers in that throne of of his.
<Robin> Are you... really talking while you're on fire? o_o;
<Flora> Oh, this isn't so bad. Besides, you can't have a dramatic death without a proper dramatic monologue at the end.
<Skyleaf> Does it really count as a monologue if we're talking too? >.>
<TGK> Shhh, you'll hurt her feelings. Let her have her dramatic "monologue" in peace.
<Athena> Please, Flora, don't do this, we can still save you! D:
<Flora> No, this is what I deserve. I finally feel at peace. Goodbye. x_x;
<Athena> ... Garon.... *shakes fist*​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 2 Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Lv. 2 Onmyoji
PMJ - Lv. 24 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 2 Mechanist
Aura - Lv. 22 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 2 Great Master
TGK - Lv. 22 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 2 Basara
Xerneas - Lv. 2 Adventurer
Jesi - Lv. 2 Master Ninja
Celever - Lv. 22 Lodestar

Decisions:
Two separate users posting the same suggestion or a single user with 3 (non-me) Likes is the minimum for any chosen decisions to go through. Unless it's something I really like in which case screw the requirement and I'll do it anyway for lolz.

Reclassing: Everyone's favourite part! Outlined below are the characters we have available and their available reclasses. The later DLC Reclassing section talks more about the DLC reclassing options that we have. Gold grinding levels will be played to earn up funds to buy reclassing items if necessary.

Athena - Great Lord, Nohr Princess (Heart), Archer (Partner) DLC classes (DLC) - Promotions: Adventurer, Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Priestess, Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart/Friendship), DLC classes (DLC)
PMJ - Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart), Onmyoji, Priestess (Friendship), DLC classes (DLC)
Vom - Master Ninja, Swordmaster, Master of Arms (Heart), Spear Master, Basara (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Aura - Merchant, Master of Arms, Sniper, Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
TGK - Onmyoji, Basara, Oni Chieftan, Blacksmith (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)
Palutena - Spear Master, Mechanist, Merchant (Heart), Master Ninja, Mechanist (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Xerneas - Sniper, Kinshi Knight, Spear Master, Basara (Heart), Bow Knight (Partner), DLC classes (DLC)
Jabber - Master of Arms, Falcon Knight, Kinshi Knight (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

DLC: I have access to a few DLC chapters that unlock some things. A few of them I will not be offering because they kind of piss me off (Beach/Royal maps), but the others I will. Here's a run-down of what's available.

Before Awakening - Random kind of chapter with Chrom, Lissa, and Freddy as NPCs. Reward is one each of Exalt’s Brand (Great Lord reclass item) and Hero’s Brand (Lodestar reclass item). Played and rewards got, so no reason to do this one again.
Ghostly Gold - Standard gold grinding chapter with silly narrative justification.
Museum Melee - Everyone is suddenly on a ship participating in a contest to win cool weapons. Reward is basically whatever weapons you luck into getting from chests/drops.
Hidden Truths - As this chapter is a plot chapter that spoils some plot stuff and uses non-in-game characters, I will not be writing this chapter up if you have me play it, however I would be happy to do so if you want to use the reclass reward, which is a Fell Brand (Grandmaster reclass item, unlimited).
Vanguard Dawn - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Vanguard Brand (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Anna on the Run - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is recruiting Anna, but she wasn't voted in, so we won't be using her anyway.
Ballistician Blitz - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Sighting Lens (Ballistician reclass item, unlimited).
Witches' Trial - ??? Haven't actually played this one yet, so I dunno. Reward is a Witches Mark (Vanguard reclass item, unlimited).
Heirs of Fates - Stories about the kids units with some spoilery stuff, so like Hidden Truths, I won't be writing these out, but we'll get some cool skills. I'm actually planning on playing these myself for fun anyway, so I don't even know why I'm listing it here...

Chapters can be played multiple times to unlock multiple rewards, but I will only write out a chapter for the level the first time it is played. The only exception is Hidden Truths which will not be written at all, as noted above.

More DLC chapters will become available over the next few weeks (yay Europe), so I will add them here as they become available, and note in the player notes when I do so.

DLC Reclassing: Italics indicate reclass options that are not currently available but can be gained with DLC as written above.

Dark Flyer - 2 available

A+ Supports and Friendship Seals: Now that we have access to supports, we can start thinking about A+ supports for Friendship Seals. (A+ Supports are one-way, so X can get A+ with Y to access Y's class, but Y can still get his own A+ support with Z so Y gets Z's class, etc.). Most of these are already decided for us based on the characters that were chosen. The bolded options require votes for which character should be chosen. Asterisked (*) characters are those with special classes who pass down their alternate class instead of their base class.

Saizo/Vom - Ryoma/Jabber
Mozu/ExcalAura - Oboto/PP
Azama/Robin - Kaden/Celever* or Hayato/TGK
Hayato/TGK - Azama/Robin or Kaden/Celever*

Oboto/PP - Mozu/ExcalAura*
Takumi/Xerneas - Ryoma/Jabber
Kagero/Jesi - N/A :<
Kaden/Celever - Hayato/TGK or Azama/Robin
Ryoma/Jabber - Saizo/Vom or Takumi/Xerneas

Athena can't get A+ Supports but she can instead use a Friendship Seal with an A support with any/all female characters, so please suggest which ones should take priority. That way I know whose face to pet, etc. to get the A support sooner.

Skills: I've got a Paragon skill to give out (doubles exp gains), a Warp skill (allows units to warp to be next to another unit, requires promoted lv. 15 or lv. 35), and both Skilltaker, Lucktaker, Strengthtaker, and Defenstaker skills (unit gains 2 of the indicated stat temporarily for the rest of the chapter for each unit they kill during PP, max of +10) and I'll probably gain some more over the next coming chapters, so feel free to suggest units to get them!

Player Notes:

Kind of a weird time for a chapter update, I know. My husband is on a little work vacation at the moment, so I have a decent amount of spare time to myself. :p

Flora's death really is quite a waste; there's no reason at all for her to kill herself aside from the game trying to forcefully inject some shock and drama into the plot, and it feels rather ham-handed. It's also a shame because she's a really cool character when you can actually use her. There's a lot more text in this chapter than I wrote, but it mostly involves Felicia/Jakob, and we're not playing with either, and no one else in our team has a reason to care about Flora at all, so I mostly glossed over and condensed it.

Since this whole chapter's existence is to set up Flora's downfall, nothing really else of note happens. It's an incredibly easy chapter from a gameplay perspective as well. I purposefully triggered all the reinforcements just to farm exp, but they're mostly unpromoted grunts with a couple maids tossed in. Triggering reinforcements gives a few more item drops that you wouldn't get otherwise, plus some gold from one of the villages, so there's no reason not to unless you're LTCing or so.

Next chapter gets us back on track to kicking ass and taking names. I hope you're looking forward to it! If I get bored during the weekend, I must update again soon. :p

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Chapter 18: Swamps and brothers

Before moving back on with our quest, we decided to pop into the castle realm for a bit of rest, relaxation, and (most importantly) warmth.

<Jabber> So, Jesi, I take it you've been having fun with our sparring sessions?
<Jesi> Yes, definitely! I've learned so much fighting against you.
<Jabber> Well, I'm glad, though I can't help but feel that it's still kind of a shitty thank you gift. Perhaps you'd care to join me for some tea as well? :3
<Jesi> Oh, yes, that would be lovely.
<Jabber> I heard from Vom that you enjoy making tea. You ought to take more time for yourself.
<Jesi> I... I will try, milord, but it's not really in my nature.
<Jabber> Good! After all, my life is your hands, so you must keep your own well-being in mind as much as my own.
<Jesi> Of course, milord, I will do everything I can to serve you to the best of my abilities.
Jabber and Jesi attained support level A!

After we were all fully rested, we popped back into Nohr and resumed the path to the Nohrian capital, traveling through the beautiful Nohrian tourist destination: the Woods of the Forlorn.

<Xerneas> You're being sarcastic, right? People don't actually travel here, do they?
<Aura> Aww, what's so bad about it? I like the trees!
<TGK> But it's so gloomy and dismal. I can't even tell if it's night or day. -_-;
<Vom> The darkness works to our advantage, though. The Nohrians would have a hard time tracking us through this.
<Celever> And it's not completely dark, either. Look at those glowy bits!
<Palutena> And it looks like there are more and more of them...
<Jabber> I don't trust this one bit...
<Jesi> Get back, there are Faceless!​

Sure enough, a whole big swarm of the created appeared in the midst of the glowy bits, as if they were materializing right out of the swamp! And riding out of the fog behind them was a familiar face...

<DoS> You do know that the punishment for traitors is death, right?
<Athena> DoS!
<DoS> How fitting that I've finally tracked you down the middle of a graveyard. After all, the sister that I knew and loved is already dead.
<Xerneas> Hey, don't you talk to my girl that way! >:C
<DoS> Oh, it's not just talk. I plan on killing all of you right here and now. You weak Hoshidans are children of the light, but darkness is my ally and your downfall.
<Athena> Listen, DoS, please, I don't want to fight you...
<DoS> Really? Because I wouldn't mind killing you at all! Camo, BV, Pidove... everyone always seemed to care about you more than me, and I've always resented you for it. >:|
<Athena> Wait, really? I... I always thought we were close... I never knew....
<DoS> Well, it doesn't matter now anyway, since I'm just going to kill you all. Faceless, attack!​

We quickly prepare to battle but the Faceless were... ridiculously weak. Laughably so. Even with DoS summoning a few more of them every couple rounds, and even with both of DoS's retainers coming at us, it wasn't long before we'd beaten everything back and had DoS at his knees.

<DoS> Alright, I guess you got me. Go ahead and kill me.
<Athena> But I don't want to kill you... couldn't you just join up with us? :< There's no reason for us to be at war, it's all Keeper's doing...
<DoS> So you'd have me fight with you to destroy our own father, are you mad? If Nohr loses this war, we lose everything. I won't turn my back on my home. Unlike SOME people I know. This won't end until one of us dies, so go ahead and do it.
<Athena> But I don't want to...
<DoS> Did you forget this is a war? Either shoot me with that bow you're holding or I'll have to kill you myself with my magic.
<Athena> If you could just kill me from where you stand right now... then why haven't you done it yet?
<DoS> ... ... ...
<Athena> I don't want to kill you. You're my brother still, and I love you. And even though you keep saying you want to kill me, you sure seem to keep squandering your chances to do so. I don't really think you want to kill me at all.
<DoS> *sigh* I guess you've called my bluff. I may have been jealous of you from time to time, but I've never hated you, and I don't want to kill you either.
<Athena> So you'll join us?
<DoS> Hell no! You're asking me to betray father, and BV, and everyone. I could never do that.
<PMJ> Well, for what it's worth, I have something cool and mysterious that might make you change your mind!
<DoS> Oh?
<PMJ> Here, take this plot crystal and look deep inside it. You'll thank me later.
<DoS> You're PMJ, right? That other Nohrian sister of mine that was kidnapped or something?
<PMJ> Well, we're not actually related, but more or less.
<DoS> o_o?
<Athena> Oh, don't mind PMJ, she does the mysterious thing all the time. I think she wants someone to pay her money to spill her secrets.
<PMJ> ... ... ...
<DoS> Well, uh, thanks for the plot crystal then. And I wish you guys good luck, really. You'll need it. BV has grown hella strong now. I've seen you guys fight and... I don't think you can take him.
<Athena> Do you have any advice for us that can help?
<DoS> Have you thought about making a trip to Notre Sagasse? The Rainbow Sage lives there, and he helped make BV as strong as he is.
<TGK> Sweet, he could help us get more powerful! But, uh, where is this Note-Nah Sag-Essay anyway?
<Jabber> It's about half of the distance back to Hoshido.
<Everyone> *groans of increasing discomfort*
<DoS> Yeah, it's a hike, I know, but you guys aren't going to be able to beat him like this.
<Xerneas> I guess we have no choice then.
<DoS> And I think I have something to help you, too! I have this nice plot magic book that will instantly teleport all of you guys to Notre Sagesse immediately! And there should be enough power for a return trip, too.
<Athena> A magical plot book that can take all of us on a round-trip to exactly where we need to go? Alright! Thank you so much for your help! <3
<DoS> Yeah, well, you guys could probably use all the help you can get. See you later! *rides off*
<Athena> Alright everyone, let's get ready for yet another sidetrack!​

Current Team:

Athena - Lv. 3 Bow Knight
Skyleaf - Lv. 2 Onmyoji
PMJ - Lv. 25 Songstress
Vom - Lv. 2 Mechanist
Aura - Lv. 22 Dread Fighter
Robin - Lv. 3 Great Master
TGK - Lv. 23 Grandmaster
Palutena - Lv. 2 Basara
Xerneas - Lv. 3 Adventurer
Jesi - Lv. 3 Master Ninja
Celever - Lv. 22 Lodestar

Decisions:

TGK - Onmyoji, Basara, Oni Chieftan, Blacksmith (Heart), DLC classes (DLC)

Paralogues!: Now that we've finished Chapter 18, we've unlocked Offspring Seals for the kiddies which means I'm opening up the option to vote for Pralogues to play and kids to recruit. We'll only be playing the Paralogues for the kids we're recruiting, so I'll list them here if they become available. If you want to see one, say so, and we'll do it before the next plot chapter. Also make sure to vote for which promotion option the kid should get when they use their seal!

Asugi/Quaking - Master Ninja or Mechanist

NOTE: Kids will be fully listed as regular classes for reclassing, etc. once they have been recruited and used their Offspring Seal to promote. So, you can suggest reclasses for them if you'd like, but they still need to promote first.

Dark Flyer - 2 available

Player Notes:

An update on a weekend AND an evening! What is this world coming to?! :U

Another ridiculously easy chapter. The Faceless are just pushovers that can't even ORKO PMJ, even with Attack Stance. Niles and Oden have a bit of offense at least, but they're frail. DoS was the only thing even remotely close to a threat and we still took him down with minimal time and effort.

The plot's chapter is kind of a weird one. DoS doesn't really want to kill us, but also refuses to get his hands directly with directly joining our cause. We exchange the Plot Crystal for the Plot Spell. And once again we prepare to derp around instead of doing that thing we're supposed to be doing (killing the bad guy).

Also, in case you haven't noticed, I've added a Paralogues section to our choices! Now that we've finished C18, we've unlocked Offspring Seals so that all the kids we recruit can promote and gain stats/ranks to catch up to our team. The longer we put them off, the more levels they'll get from the Seals, but the harder their chapters will be, and the less time we'll have to, you know, actually use them.

So far the only kid we can recruit is Asugi/Quaking, though Rhajat/DNA will be available starting next chapter too (I just didn't want to write another support before finishing up this chapter; it's late and I'm sleepy). Both of the other kids we're using we're waiting on Celever and PMJ for, but their Support is slow going since PMJ basically needs to be un-paired to be useful (they just unlocked B). I might actually just skirmish grind them up to S soon.

Anyway, hope you enjoyed! Please feel free to vote for paralogues as well as anything else.

quakingpunch73

At The Beach
I'll say to wait on getting me. Because of how skills are passed down, if we wait until late game, Asugi can be a monster with Replicate, Flamboyant, and Lethality. If we do it now, I won't be as good as if we do it in 10 chapters, or so.